Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Parky's thoughts on fixtures

Comments

• Options
    Well he's still our manager so never going to come out and call it a huge disaster or car crash of a season is he. Just the sort of thing you expect a manager still at a club after being relegated to say.
  • Options
    indifferent - unconcerned , unimportant says my Ramsden Secondary School for Girls Dictionary..............think Parky must have a differant one to be !!!
  • Options
    Further indications that he will be here next year despite what has been said.......I feel really flat......dont dislike the man at all, but somehow this just leaves me feeling really, really flat.
  • Options
    He's actually talking about Hereford and being respectful to them by not being too negative, comparing them with us is a part of that respect.

"like ourselves"

"they endured an indifferent season last year and it's a game we'll look forward to."
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Telnotinoz[/cite]Further indications that he will be here next year despite what has been said.......I feel really flat......dont dislike the man at all, but somehow this just leaves me feeling really, really flat.

Exactly how i feel, and like you, i'm not even anti him
  • Options
    Meh with him in charge is really hard to get any sort of enthusiasm for next season.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Telnotinoz[/cite]Further indications that he will be here next year despite what has been said.......I feel really flat......dont dislike the man at all, but somehow this just leaves me feeling really, really flat.

me too.
  • Options
    all a bit different to the ridiculous enthusiasm that our relegation from the premiership brought......
    we have had a monster mare
  • Options
    "Hartlepool will be a good test for us, as will many of the away games in this division. I'm pleased we've got a game like that early on to really test the mettle of our team."

Blimey, if Parky is looking to Hartlepool away to test the "Mettle" of the team I dread to think what his plans are for the away games at Leeds.
  • Options
    INDIFFERENT last season, thank f*ck for that, I thought we were total chite and got relegated....hang on, I can't see where we're playing Newcastle on the fixtures...come on Waggott, get on to the FA, they've sent us the wrong fixture list.
    This posting is dedicated to the players to compensate for their disappointingly indifferent season last time.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    ''The Addicks have only suffered defeat three times on home turf in 2009''

''and as the excitement builds towards the new season''

''Punters can also make sure they are cheering on their heroes against Leeds United and see if Charlton continue a proud record of having never lost to Kent neighbours Gillingham at The Valley''

Haven't seen so much spin since dead or alive.
  • Options
    Surely, 2 out of 3 are more FACT than spin?
  • Options
    a few times on this board (but not on this thread) i've seen people say "parkinson doesn't deserve the job but i'll get behind the manager whoever he is from the new season". my biggest worry for next season is that i don't believe that they would get behind PP.

I think that a lot of fans are going to go into the new season looking at the names of the teams we are playing and expecting victories. If we don't get off to a good start then people are going to be so quick to get on parkinson's back and boo the team and all the rest of it. If we don't win the first game people will straight away think 'oh here we go again'. Once again we could end up creating an atmosphere where the team are too scared to want the ball and have no confidence.

Maybe that is enough reason to get rid of parkinson because unless he has a fantastic season he won't gain the trust of many fans and they will be waiting for him to fail. Or maybe it just means that the fans need to give him time and and get off his back. accept he is in charge (if he is) and get on with it. and properly support your team when they need it most.
  • Options
    don't think I can support Parkinson. He is the worst Manager in Charlton history so why should he still be Manager. He'd have to do something spectacular to bring me around and even if he got us promoted I'd want him sacked next Summer as he has already proved with both us and Hull that he can't hack it at Championship level. I think that for the reasons you state we should get rid now, instead of waiting until five games into next season when all we'd have done is pick up a point at home to Walsall.
  • Options
    I agree with you BB, everyone now needs to get behind the manager, i don't think we played that bad towards the end of last season - Parky was left to pick up the mess made by Pardew, and now he should be given a break.
    I for one don't want to see him go.
  • Options
    I cant believe we are sticking with him.

He was an influential part of pardews team that led to the initial downful and his record on his own was even worse. How the board could sack pardew who's record was better and keep parkinson in is beyond me.

Why not give the job to a fan who would happily do it for less than they are paying parkinson and probably have got better results.

Really cannot understand the lack of balls or deicsiveness that is going on.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]don't think I can support Parkinson. He is the worst Manager in Charlton history so why should he still be Manager. He'd have to do something spectacular to bring me around and even if he got us promoted I'd want him sacked next Summer as he has already proved with both us and Hull that he can't hack it at Championship level. I think that for the reasons you state we should get rid now, instead of waiting until five games into next season when all we'd have done is pick up a point at home to Walsall.

I know what you mean but I can't agree with that bit. If he gets us promoted he'd have rebuilt the squad, got a team playing with confidence, probably scoring goals and with a better defence. Teams that get promoted the Championship often carry on the momentum and do ok, some do very well in fact. It's really just the smaller clubs that struggle.

Gaining promotion then sacking the manager wouldn't be the way to go, a new start after success wouldn't do the club any good.

If he can take a team up from League One he would have built a decent squad and improved as a manager and he would be capable of keeping us up. The real issue is if Parkinson is capable of getting promotion in the first place. I think he might be, but not as much as I might have earlier on. Club have been very quiet, no new contracts have been signed (or announced) and we haven't signed anyone, so there is still a lot to do. We'd surely like to have new signings in for pre-season training if not the game against Welling in less than 3 weeks. We'll probably have one or two free transfers in once contacts expire, but it's still worrying.
  • Options
    If the crowd were NOT on Parkinson or the players backs after an 'indifferent' start to the new season, then I would say there is something wrong with our support.
  • Options
    Sorry "picked up the mess made by Pardew" ------------------BOLLOx , he was Pardews number two. He has to have had some input in what went on--if he didnt then he hide and has no gonads.
  • Options
    I tell you what if any of my clients or customers in my place of work started accusing me of being responsible for my boss' pitfalls I really wouldnt be happy.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    well thats ok then.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]I tell you what if any of my clients or customers in my place of work started accusing me of being responsible for my boss' pitfalls I really wouldnt be happy.

How about if you got his job when he was sacked and actually ended up doing an even worse job? Would it be fair to have a pop then?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]I tell you what if any of my clients or customers in my place of work started accusing me of being responsible for my boss' pitfalls I really wouldnt be happy.

which is fair enough.

But some might argue that if you then took over from your boss and the company performed even worse, six months later you would be likely joining him on the Monday out of work golf society !
  • Options
    WSSWSS
    edited June 2009
    Its just a situation i'm putting out there - believe me, I am so apathetic at the moment with everything going on at the club but I find it really hard to blame Parky for Pardew's tender.

If, for example, my boss had run this department into the ground, overspent on budgets and bought things that werent needed (despite my recommendations) and generally the company performance was affected (with other factors as well) and then he got sacked and I got offered the job and took it...

...Yes I was part of the team and I tried to influence decisions, but in the end I was not boss at the time. I'd want a bit longer than 6/7 months to turn it around - even if it means making a few sacrifices in the process. Such as readjusting our competitor analysis to a level that we have not experienced for 27 years!
  • Options
    is he still here then?
  • Options
    I agree he's not to blame for Pardew's spell. We have no idea how much input he had, it's clear they have some very different opinions when it comes to players. Parkinson wanted to build a team mixed of hard working, reliable players, alongside more technically gifted players. Pardew tried all sorts of ideas and formations. He was also a much bigger fan of Holland, yes you know what you'll get from him and he's hard working, he offered less and our results were better with Semedo in his place (in 07/08), someone Parkinson was also more of a fan of than Pardew.

Parkinson would have had input, but the decisions were down to Pardew in the end.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]Its just a situation i'm putting out there - believe me, I am so apathetic at the moment with everything going on at the club but I find it really hard to blame Parky for Pardew's tender.

If, for example, my boss had run this department into the ground, overspent on budgets and bought things that werent needed (despite my recommendations) and generally the company performance was affected (with other factors as well) and then he got sacked and I got offered the job and took it...

...Yes I was part of the team and I tried to influence decisions, but in the end I was not boss at the time. I'd want a bit longer than 6/7 months to turn it around - even if it means making a few sacrifices in the process. Such as readjusting our competitor analysis to a level that we have not experienced for 27 years!

As usual everyone on Charlton Life is sucking up to the board.

Stop being so sycophantic and get with the programme
  • Options
    Well most want him gone now (myself included) but if he doesn't get us off to an absolute flyer then expect the 'Parky out' chants by the end of August
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Parkinson has had more influence at the club and the playing staff in terms of time than anyone since Curbishley.

The man got us relegated from the championship after taking full control of the management side of things when we were not even in the bottom 3 (if i remember rightly). His reign has been nothing but TOTAL FAILURE and as nice enough fella he is he is not good enough.

I seriously cannot believe there are people here happy (or acceptant) that hes still in place. I would rather be going into this season with no manager than have him at the helm cos he has done nothing for us. Why he is still even there I cannot understand.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]Well most want him gone now (myself included) but if he doesn't get us off to an absolute flyer then expect the 'Parky out' chants by the end of August

I expect them by 4.30pm on 8th August, to be repeated three days later at Hereford.