Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Is Paul Ince part of the master plan?

Comments

• Options
    yes please
  • Options
    Been waiting so long, forgotten the question.
  • Options
    no! he's got as muchexperience as parky who is the cheaper safer option imho.
  • Options
    could he do worse than pardky ....
    it'll take some doing ,let's face it the goat would have done better than pardky last term
  • Options
    SHOOT
  • Options
    Paul Ince's name has been whispered in relation to Charlton for a few months now, which generally means that an agent knows there's a manager under pressure, and they're trying to jockey their client into prime position. I was e mailed by someone and asked if I knew anything about Ince for The Valley on the 7th May, so it's already been touted behind the scenes for at least six weeks. Make of that what you will...
  • Options
    Could we afford him?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Friend Or Defoe[/cite]Could we afford him?

with our new found millions !?!?!
  • Options
    Probably adding 2 and 2 and getting 3,456 but did Ince sign Miguel Ángel Llera for MK Dons?

(Think I'd still prefer Parkinson)
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    I was told,and by more than one person some weeks back that the name Dennis Wise has or had been considered.....I can only say considered but NOT chosen or indeed how 'seriously' considered.
    Just another name thrown into the ring I admit but there almost certainly 'was' some truth in it at the time because of who told me and the fact that it came from two completewly different sources.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Is his eago not the same size as a certain Mr Pardews
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: SoundAsa£[/cite]I was told,and by more than one person some weeks back that the name Dennis Wise has or had been considered.....I can only say considered but NOT chosen or indeed how 'seriously' considered.
    Just another name thrown into the ring I admit but there almost certainly 'was' some truth in it at the time because of who told me and the fact that it came from two completewly different sources.

Dennis Wise was sitting in the Directors Box at the Plymouth match but I don't know in what capacity. I thought he was still involved at Newcastle at the time so I guessed he was watching JJS
  • Options
    He's worked at this level successfully and unfortunately for him jumped in with the big boy's too early, as for Parky well we need some change around here so for me he should be out the door. Wouldn't be my top choice all the same.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: MickCollins[/cite]Paul Ince's name has been whispered in relation to Charlton for a few months now, which generally means that an agent knows there's a manager under pressure, and they're trying to jockey their client into prime position. I was e mailed by someone and asked if I knew anything about Ince for The Valley on the 7th May, so it's already been touted behind the scenes for at least six weeks. Make of that what you will...
    That actually contains a lot more information than the article itself, which gave us no quotes and indeed no basis for the speculation that Charlton were interested in getting Ince in.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: MickCollins[/cite]Paul Ince's name has been whispered in relation to Charlton for a few months now, which generally means that an agent knows there's a manager under pressure, and they're trying to jockey their client into prime position. I was e mailed by someone and asked if I knew anything about Ince for The Valley on the 7th May, so it's already been touted behind the scenes for at least six weeks. Make of that what you will...

What other emails have you had a about Charlton, Mick?
  • Options
    Can I just state I would like Paul Ince at The Valley.

Also, if he brought his boy Tom down from Liverpool I'd be happy with that too.

Happy twice in a post - new record.
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    [cite]Posted By: falconwood_1[/cite]

Happy twice in a post - new record.

you must be talking about rugby or some other chuff sport!!
  • Options
    would be folly in my view, but what do I know..

:)
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Valley McMoist[/cite]

What other emails have you had a about Charlton, Mick?[/quote]

I used to get loads pointing out that I didn't know what I was talking about - all from Charlton fans.

Now I write about all sorts of teams, so I get them from fans all over the country, saying I don't know what I'm talking about, in loads of different accents.

That's progress for you..!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WhenIwasLittleBoy[/cite]Is his eago not the same size as a certain Mr Pardews

Bigger!

Not a Charlton type imo and I'd prefer we didn't make Ince our new manager - I want someone on the up, not someone trying to rebuild their career on the back of a failure higher up the leagues. Either that or Curbs, but the former is much more likley.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: MickCollins[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Valley McMoist[/cite]

What other emails have you had a about Charlton, Mick?

I used to get loads pointing out that I didn't know what I was talking about - all from Charlton fans.

Now I write about all sorts of teams, so I get them from fans all over the country, saying I don't know what I'm talking about, in loads of different accents.

Well, we all post on here usually not knowing what we're talking about.
    So what's the difference .... ?

;o)
  • Options
    Has Ince managed at League One level
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chizz[/cite]Has Ince managed at League One level

Yep MK dons I think
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: RodneyCharltonTrotta[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Chizz[/cite]Has Ince managed at League One level

Yep MK dons I think
    No, was only there a season.

Thought he was there longer than that for some reason. Less than a season at Macclesfield (appointed in October) in which he kept them in League Two, then went to MK Dons, won League Two and the Johnstone Paint Trophy.

Looking at that, he went to Blackburn far too quickly.
  • Options
    He went to prem far too early and would be a good shout for us
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: MickCollins[/cite]Now I write about all sorts of teams, so I get them from fans all over the country, saying I don't know what I'm talking about, in loads of different accents.

Well, we all post on here usually not knowing what we're talking about.
    So what's the difference .... ?

;o)
    We don't get paid for it?
  • Options
    All this not a Charlton type stuff annoys me, he has a great track record at the lower level and would add some steel and balls to our club which have been missing for so long that most of us have forgotten that such qualities even exist, I suppose PP is the Charlton type because he's nice and doesnt cost much, perhaps we need to have a winning type rather than a Charlton type.
  • Options
    I think it matters though Pilch - football is littered with players and managers who have been a huge sucess at one place and inexplicably unsuccesful elswhere - often, imo, it's because they just don't fit in at one plcae like they did elsewhere.

Just because Parky is a Cahrlton type doesn't mean he's a good manager - that may be what is holding him back. Perdew did well elsewhere, but I never felt his face fitted at the Valley. Curbs and Sir Lennie however, both Charlton types and both good managers which in both cases was a winning combination.
  • Options
    I firmly believe Parky can bring us success, that said I would be happy with Ince as a replacement.
    What I personally do not want is for us to sack Parky for change's sake, I believe he will do well for us despite not turning round results after Pardew was kicked off the rotting ship.

Either way, I really hope things are sorted by this time next week.
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Some Charlton types have been successful we all know who they are, and recently a lot of percieved Charlton types have most definately not. For me Parky should be a leaving our club and turning up as a kit man somewhere else type. Ince is a decent manager who jumped up to soon, I am sure if he was installed and we suddenly performed superbly would anyone stop to care if he was a Charlton type? I know I wouldn't, that is of course all conjecture. Still- It is only a Daily Mirror piece of idle speculation and I'm sure we can all rest soundly to a new PP horizon. If PP does the business next year then fair play to him, he just doesn't inspire a lot of confidence from most Charlton supporters, sad but true.