Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Nice Sea side resort

2»

Comments

• Options
    Herne Bay
  • Options
    Broadstairs
  • Options
    Southwold or Broadstairs for me.
  • Options
    sandgate. just outside folkestone.
  • Options
    Sandgate to Hythe. Nice stretch of coast.
  • Options
    does anyone know Kingsdown near Deal? got a good deal on house by the beach there for a long weekend. but dont really know the area at all so assuming its a bit crap.
  • Options
    Doesnt matter does it B...plenty of nice places around that general area...I thought Kingsdown was actually closer to Dover....
  • Options
    My suggestion would be Aldeburgh in Suffolk...easy 2 hours and surprisingly lovely around that area.....some great walks and excellent olde worlde villages.
  • Options
    No i dont care really. they said its between dover and deal so be some good walking between those two plus theres 3 pubs nearby. Dont need much else! Well good weather woudl help.
  • Options
    Walmer is quite nice B. Went to a wedding in the castle there, which I think is open to the public too...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    What about Whitstable?

Good pubs, oysters and home to the late Peter Cushing.
  • Options
    Calling Leysdown Bermondsey-on-sea is actually harsh on Bermondsey. Populated by shaven headed tattooed monsters who look like their dangerous dogs. And that's just the women.

Broadstairs, Deal and Whitstable are all cracking seaside towns though.
  • Options
    Oiiiiiiiiiiiiii leave off Leysdown ! my family had two caravans at Warden Point, which was the cheap place near Leysdown. as a kid i thought leysdown was where the posh people went on hols. I remember as a kid one on the highlights was going cockeling,great fun.
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Yes...Whitstable is nice but does get rather crowded....especially along the sea front because the beach is abit on the small side.I prefer Tankerton, which is right next door.
    If you go there(Whitstable that is), can I recommend you go to a Shepherd-Neame pub in the high street called...The Ship Centurion....the landlord is German(can't remember his name) and one of the most extraordinary characters you could wish to meet....he's a ledgend....sometimes talks to everyone (customers included), like you are a piece of shyte but it's all an act so don't be taken aback. He is in fact a really smashing fella and is loved by just about everyone in the town.
    Oh yes....and he sells Erdinger....Lovely Jubbly!!
  • Options
    If you're looking for somewhere quiet & not too far, Christchurch is not a bad place to base yourself. Much more laid back than Bournemouth but close enough to get the boat across the bay to Swanage for instance or have nice lunch in the New Forest or have a walk up the Head for a view of the needles. I'm in Southbourne which is between there and Bournemouth.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: SoundAsa£[/cite]If you go there(Whitstable that is), can I recommend you go to a Shepherd-Neame pub in the high street called...The Ship Centurion....the landlord is German(can't remember his name) and one of the most extraordinary characters you could wish to meet....he's a ledgend....sometimes talks to everyone (customers included), like you are a piece of shyte but it's all an act so don't be taken aback. He is in fact a really smashing fella and is loved by just about everyone in the town.

Interesting! I wonder what he made of the Shep Neame Spitfire advertising campaign?!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Medders[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: SoundAsa£[/cite]If you go there(Whitstable that is), can I recommend you go to a Shepherd-Neame pub in the high street called...The Ship Centurion....the landlord is German(can't remember his name) and one of the most extraordinary characters you could wish to meet....he's a ledgend....sometimes talks to everyone (customers included), like you are a piece of shyte but it's all an act so don't be taken aback. He is in fact a really smashing fella and is loved by just about everyone in the town.

Interesting! I wonder what he made of the Shep Neame Spitfire advertising campaign?!

He gave as good as he got and what alot of laughs even doing some of his own art work in retaliation.....incidently this pub has been awarded all sorts of awards over the years both by Shepherd Neame and by way of independent revues.
  • Options
    Joss Bay near Broadstairs or Whitstable

Joss Bay
  • Options
    You could get to Wells-next-to sea in just over two hours if you motor it.Lovely place and also the beach at Holkham just up the road is something else.
  • Options
    Don't think it's been mentioned but it's the Whitstable Oyster Festival 18th.-25th. July. No idea what goes on but the website might tell you.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    woolwich
  • Options
    About 3 miles on from Clacton is Walton on the naze its a lovely little place great beach good pubs lovely pie and mash shop and cheap beer if you go in the leigion. Went leysdown and hated it mind you that was more the chalet than the place. I'm going to deal on Sunday for a football tournament is it any good there i'm there all day
  • Options
    I'd go with your original choice, Southwold. The Adnams brewery is there, the lighthouse makes for an interesting visit and their are some very weird machines on the pier.