Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Fans Forum - we need some noise from the Chairmen now.

Comments

• Options
    If there are prospective investors out there, I'm beginning to believe they may not be the 'right investors' for the Club, particularly as they are taking so long to wrap up the deal.

I mean the purchase of HBOS by Lloyds was apparantly wrapped up in 48 hours - what can they be dithering about, other than price?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: RodneyCharltonTrotta[/cite]If a takeover was in the offing then surely the club would subtly announce that discussions were currently ongoing but due to confidentiality no details can be released at present.
    What if the prospective buyers did not want to release details for fear of hiking the price up due to other investors possibly coming in?

Well I dont think the club would be held over a barrel to that extent surely? A potential investor saying we may or may not be interested but dont release any info and then if it fails to materialise we are left with nothing.

Obviously after the zabeel thing its an ultra sensitive issue having got burned before but if there was anything happening and the club released a subtle statement it would get respected by fans and have less attention paid to it than it has on forums etc over the past few months.

If something is going on by keeping quiet in a way has caused a lot more speculation which could jepordise things more than just saying itll all come out in the wash.
  • Options
    i can honestly say that there WAS talks between the club and a new investor/s this has and had taken place.

The club have never came out to confirm or deny the process so what do they have to say.

1.we can confirm that we have not been in talks with anyone

2. We are still in talks but are some way off from finalising or even discussing price

3. We have been in talks but have these have failed.

I think that for all our sanity we should now forget about any takeover or new investment we should say good bye to 2 or 3 players from last season who were on contracts and not freebies

and pray to god we get out of this league at the first time of asking
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    [cite]Posted By: floydandharvey[/cite]Even if there isn't a takeover, the current board should stand down asap.

They have betrayed the trust of every Charlton fan.

You havin' a laugh, aren't ya....Jeeez
  • Options
    the board have a responsibility to lead the club, and are not apparently doing so at the moment, but I will say no more now until the 9th July barring any development.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: razil[/cite], but I will say no more now until the 9th July barring any development.

I'm sure that will be a relief to them
  • Options
    yeah I bet... but will deffo keep me saner..
  • Options
    At this point, the Fans' Forum can't do better than the Q&A that we have arranged for 9th July.

Yes, the lack of information and apparent lack of urgency and strategy are a problem for all of us, but I go back to a comment I have made on other threads ...... maybe there is just nothing to say. Not trying to defend it, just suggesting that this is the reason that you're hearing nothing.

I have asked repeatedly about Club policy regarding the denial of rumours - broadly the Club chooses not to go down that track on the basis that it would be continually commenting on every half-baked idea that the media or individual groups of fans came up with. Disagree with that if you will, but that's the policy.

Much more important is the perceived lack of urgency and strategy. Back in February, the Fans' Forum delivered a request for a 'Statement of Intent' to the Board. Amongst other points, the request included the following:

The ‘Statement of Intent’ should describe why avoiding relegation this season is considered possible, explaining why the current manager and squad will be able to accrue upwards of 30 points from the remaining 18 matches, having managed 19 from the previous 28.

Additionally, the ‘Statement of Intent’ should describe how the team will be re-built and gain stability regardless of which division it is in next season.

It looks like the last part of that question becomes particularly important as we face life in League 1 next season.

Despite all that, the Fans' Forum will continue to encourage the Club to respond to the growing unrest that the silence is creating. The meeting on the 9th is close enough now, though. Make sure you are there.
  • Options
    Thanks for that, Dave.

Will see you on the 9th if we manage to get our tickets.
  • Options
    'I have asked repeatedly about Club policy regarding the denial of rumours - broadly the Club chooses not to go down that track on the basis that it would be continually commenting on every half-baked idea that the media or individual groups of fans came up with. Disagree with that if you will, but that's the policy.'

Thanks to the FF for their efforts. Surely the club can see that there is a difference between commenting on every rumour and maintaining some minimal comunication with the fans?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Cheers Dave, good work as ever.
  • Options
    from what i understand the takeover has fallen through,so now we need clarifiacation from the board.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]from what i understand the takeover has fallen through,so now we need clarifiacation from the board.

That a definite nss ?
  • Options
    from what i understand mate,i like the rest have you have been desperate even quite confident,but think it's time to face up to facts,it's going to be a hard hard season and we have now got to get on with it,if and it's a big if our strikers step up to the plate,they will be a handful let's hope they want to come to the party.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]from what i understand the takeover has fallen through,so now we need clarifiacation from the board.

Funny you should say that, because I've just heard the oppostie!
  • Options
    well I hope your source is as well informed as mine mate.Coz im pretty sure mine is on the button
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]well I hope your source is as well informed as mine mate.Coz im pretty sure mine is on the button

If i had a nikker for every time somebody said that i'd buy the f****** club myself!
  • Options
    The stance that the club have adopted over the past 6 month's is becoming untenable the nearer the new season comes upon us. Thank god for the meeting later next month although with prejudging it I think it will endorse Parkinson, and resign itself to players going.The idea that the club has to respond to every 'rumour' is frankly ludicrous, but several posters including myself over a number of months have asked for a statement of intent pre Christmas, not only on this site but on other mediums!

No football club is immune from a takeover, in Charlton's case IMO I cannot see it happening. But we shall have to wait.

With the preseason's coming in a few days, and the squad now returned it is essential that the club get it right for the start of the seasons, otherwise I am afraid the club may well 'implode' and the once loyal fan's stay away. I hope like all of us this is not a reality, but it is a possibility.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: SoundAsa£[/cite]

[cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]well I hope your source is as well informed as mine mate.Coz im pretty sure mine is on the button

Well I prefer to believe SoundAs but only because its better news than nss can offer. Just proves the point that we need clarity soon. Thanks though lads.
  • Options
    Start of, and another week closer to the kick off. Whats the latest talk / rumour on the takeover. Last I heard from several posters "in the know" was that it was dead ! If thats the case can we expect an announcement to that effect or are we still to be ignored ?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    let's be honest who in their right sane mind would buy charlton now, give it two more years and we'll be even cheaper
  • Options

well you are both right according to what i have heard,it's sort of somewhere in the middle.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ThreadKiller[/cite]

well you are both right according to what i have heard,it's sort of somewhere in the middle.

Glad you cleared that up TK ;0)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ShootersHillGuru[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: ThreadKiller[/cite]

Glad you cleared that up TK ;0)

Just goes to show, lots of people think they know but….

Three people say they have sources which are spot on, one says the takeover’s off, one says it’s definitely still on and one says it’s in the middle !

I have no magical “source” to claim, I just think it’s pretty obvious that the takeover’s not happening, and that Parkinson is going to be our manager at the start of next season. The worst case scenario basically.

I suppose we’ll hear something in the next two weeks eh lads :-)
  • Options
    WSSWSS
    edited June 2009
    [cite]Posted By: se9addick[/cite]I suppose we’ll hear something in the next two weeks eh lads :-)
    Not necessarily - there is nothing in any rules saying any takeovers have to be completed by a certain date.

Still October time for me.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: se9addick[/cite]I suppose we’ll hear something in the next two weeks eh lads :-)
    Not necessarily - there is nothing in any rules saying any takeovers have to be completed by a certain date.

Still October time for me.

No, I was just joking because when people say they “know something” it’s always follow it up with assuring us it’ll be sorted in the next two weeks. Although I do think as time goes on a takeover is less and less likely as surely the new owners priority would be promotion which will be much harder to achieve with a small timeframe.
  • Options
    No mate - it will in October from what i've been told.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]be promotion which will be much harder to

How come October ?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]No mate - it will in October from what i've been told.

that will be quite spooky if it's the last day of the month.
  • Options
    Can't we just forget about all of this takeover malarky and move on. It's not gonna happen.