Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Fans Forum - we need some noise from the Chairmen now.

13»

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Valley McMoist[/cite]Can't we just forget about all of this takeover malarky and move on. It's not gonna happen.

So that's now 1 for, 1 in the middle and 2 against..
  • Options
    No takeover is happening!!!

Any hint of a takeover would be reported in the media - even as a rumour - and there has not been a sniff. Newsnow, which scans 1000s of sources, has not had a thing about any takeover in any media from anywhere in UK or elsewhere.

This is the lates rumour being peddled
    I must admit to being very confused after my latest conversation with my friend who is a coach in the Charlton Community Scheme. My first question was 'have you seen Mr Varney recently?' to which he replied 'yes, he's been very busy with the due diligence stuff' Now after my look of utter confusion he went on to say that Charlton have been in due diligence for four weeks! Does this seem a bit long? My friend advised that all within the club are positive something will happen, but nothing will be put out to the press because of the last 'takeover' debacle.

After that I asked about players as he was at the first training session and all the players from last year apart from Hudson (Cardiff deal not yet done although he still did not turn up at Charlton for training as expected), Zheng Zhi (stayed in China for unknown reasons) and the other out of contract players (Matt Holland and Jonathon Fortune were there)were present at training. Llera from MK Dons was also part of the training session.

Parky was there, putting them through thier paces..
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: c4fcdenmark[/cite]No takeover is happening!!!

Any hint of a takeover would be reported in the media - even as a rumour - and there has not been a sniff. Newsnow, which scans 1000s of sources, has not had a thing about any takeover in any media from anywhere in UK or elsewhere.

This is the lates rumour being peddled
    I must admit to being very confused after my latest conversation with my friend who is a coach in the Charlton Community Scheme. My first question was 'have you seen Mr Varney recently?' to which he replied 'yes, he's been very busy with the due diligence stuff' Now after my look of utter confusion he went on to say that Charlton have been in due diligence for four weeks! Does this seem a bit long? My friend advised that all within the club are positive something will happen, but nothing will be put out to the press because of the last 'takeover' debacle.

After that I asked about players as he was at the first training session and all the players from last year apart from Hudson (Cardiff deal not yet done although he still did not turn up at Charlton for training as expected), Zheng Zhi (stayed in China for unknown reasons) and the other out of contract players (Matt Holland and Jonathon Fortune were there)were present at training. Llera from MK Dons was also part of the training session.

Parky was there, putting them through thier paces..

There has been a stories in the local press & Mirror for what it's worth.
  • Options
    I suspect they are just examples of lazy journalism, the same story being cut and pasted and re-published. The rumours have been so light on fact and so infrequent. Any genuine takeover would reveal names of people involved and where the money was coming from. This sort of news cannot be kept secret, such is the interest.
  • Options
    No - there is no interest in the third division at all. Other than Southampton (because of MLT) you never hear of takeovers or potential takeovers in the press.

Or i've never seen or spotte them anyway.
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Don't worry the fans forum will save us....