Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Cardiff move in for Hudson (ED: Sold for £1m+)

Comments

• Options
    I'd rather have oohaah at Centre Back than McCarthy.
  • Options
    we don't need defenders, we should be playing 10 up front....
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Ta ta then oh underperforming one.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ThreadKiller[/cite]we don't need defenders, we should be playing 10 up front....

Don't we do that anyway, when caught on the break as usual .....?
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    i'm going to miss that mark hudson song that started up at the end of last season. maybe we can still sing it every now and then? it was the new ''we all dream of a team of el khalej''
  • Options
    One report I read mentioned Hudson skippering the Bluebirds like he did for former club Charlton last season.....I dont think he is capable of skippering a rowing boat :-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Telnotinoz[/cite]One report I read mentioned Hudson skippering the Bluebirds like he did for former club Charlton last season.....I dont think he is capable of skippering a rowing boat :-)

Has he gone or is this still rumours?.

If he does go I wouldn't bat an eyelid.

Started average and rapidly became the Mark Hudson I remembered looking so awful for Fulham.
  • Options
    He's been a huge dissapointment for us....thought he was going to be the one with the character to stand up and be counted and organise the back four....well how wrong I was.
    Paddy....for all his faults has clearly 'proved' to be the better option....bad move by us....bad move!
  • Options
    he's too good for us now even tho he's not been great... he'll be playing at a higher level than us for a few years
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]he's too good for us now even tho he's not been great... he'll be playing at a higher level than us for a few years

Are you serious oohaah....I think he's about the right standard for where we now find ourselves to be honest.
  • Options
    i am soundas i'd be happy to have him playing for us next year
    but i feel he'll be playing in the league above
  • Options
    If we get money for this lump it'll be the best bit of business we do all summer. Shocking defender. I lost track of how many goals we conceeded due to his errors last season.
  • Options
    Mark hudson the 88 minute man - He might have 88 minutes of quality but the rest is shite and costs goals.
  • Options
    I do remember him having a few good games - away at norwich in the cup replay he was awesome with some last ditch defending and no nonesense tackling.

Problem is it was too few and far between and interspersed with too many faults.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: golfaddick[/cite]I do remember him having a few good games - away at norwich in the cup replay he was awesome with some last ditch defending and no nonesense tackling.

Problem is it was too few and far between and interspersed with too many faults.

He was all over the place when crosses came into the box or wingers cut in from wide areas. Was decent at heading out long balls, but that was about it.
  • Options
    Best header of a ball we've had in ages. With good management and a good partner he could easily play at a higher level. Agreed he had weak moments...but who didn't once the rot set in? He's definitely got something but we've lost the knack of getting the best out of players. Curbishley and Lawrence were masters of that. McCarthy is not a better player...just an ok one. Didn't look too good at Stoke or QPR under Pardew did he?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Simonsen[/cite]Best header of a ball we've had in ages. With good management and a good partner he could easily play at a higher level. Agreed he had weak moments...but who didn't once the rot set in? He's definitely got something but we've lost the knack of getting the best out of players. Curbishley and Lawrence were masters of that. McCarthy is not a better player...just an ok one. Didn't look too good at Stoke or QPR under Pardew did he?

Oh come on FFS!!
  • Options
    mccarthorse was and is pony ... admittedly hudson wasn't much better but i'd prefer hudson any day
  • Options
    Hudson is a standard Championship centre back, at best looks like a top Championship player and some would argue lower Prem. At worst he's not the quickest and quite inconsistent.

True we haven't got the best out of many players, but even at his best Hudson is nothing special. Plenty of Championship centre backs at his level or very similar.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]mccarthorse was and is pony ... admittedly hudson wasn't much better but i'd prefer hudson any day

Agree.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Dazzler21[/cite]Mark hudson the 88 minute man - He might have 88 minutes of quality but the rest is shite and costs goals.

Hmm, you mean a sort of Anti-Ambrose?
  • Options
    Exact opposite of Ambrose.
  • Options
    He's got the potential to play Premier League which is more than you can say for a lot of others. Really clean in the air...better than Fortune or Ward on that score. But if wages are a problem then he'll have to go....and there won't be a shortage of people who'll have him.

PS Who's the best defensive header of a ball any of you have ever seen play for Charlton? The cleanest timer, who very rarely got beaten to long clearances and nutted them away a proper distance? (not like Fortune who can't jump well, doesn't attack it and doesn't get much power) I can only go back to the early 80's but I know who I think it is...and it may surprise some. Let's hear your choices first.
  • Options
    Ship, Ship. Shipperley. Wally Went and latterly "The Roof"
  • Options
    Macarthy was one of the worst players we have *ever* had.

I'm going back to the Dowman, Westley era of really *bad* players.

Rufus and Fish were the 2 best headers of the ball we've recently had.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Simonsen[/cite]He's got the potential to play Premier League which is more than you can say for a lot of others. Really clean in the air...better than Fortune or Ward on that score. But if wages are a problem then he'll have to go....and there won't be a shortage of people who'll have him.

PS Who's the best defensive header of a ball any of you have ever seen play for Charlton? The cleanest timer, who very rarely got beaten to long clearances and nutted them away a proper distance? (not like Fortune who can't jump well, doesn't attack it and doesn't get much power) I can only go back to the early 80's but I know who I think it is...and it may surprise some. Let's hear your choices first.

Whenever I watch him, although he wins headers (then again most centre backs do, he doesn't stand out to me), there's something not completely convincing about him when he does. Was it Adebola he came up against and struggled a bit in the air?
  • Options
    Les Berry :-)

To be serious Rufus and the ever underrated Steve Brown when he played centre half.

If you are purely talking about distance on headers Diawara wasn't bad in that respect.
  • Options
    McCarthy was poor at the start but towards the end of the season he was quite solid.

Really not much between him and Hudson, certainly not as there is made out to be.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Scoham[/cite]McCarthy was poor at the start but towards the end of the season he was quite solid.

Really not much between him and Hudson, certainly not as there is made out to be.

Agree with that but the fact that one of the "whipping boys" of Charlton Life, Kevin Lisbie, completely outclassed Paddy Mac shows how bad he and Hudson are (were).