Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Carp Fishing - escape from reality!!

Due to the pressures of life, impending redundancy, moaning ginger wife, two screaming kids (they are wonderful really), Oh and a soon to be taken over, bankrupt, in adminstration (delete as appropriate) football club I've decided to take myself off carp fishing for 24 hours.

Peace tranquility and a couple of nice bottles of red, looking forward to it.

Anyone on here go carp fishing and has anyone fished Orchard Farm.

Hints and tips welcome (not from Dave Mehmet!!!!!!!)

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Les Berrys Tash[/cite]Due to the pressures of life, impending redundancy, moaning ginger wife, two screaming kids (they are wonderful really), Oh and a soon to be taken over, bankrupt, in adminstration (delete as appropriate) football club I've decided to take myself off carp fishing for 24 hours.

Hints - Stay there and do your wife a favour!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Les Berrys Tash[/cite]Due to the pressures of life, impending redundancy, moaning ginger wife, two screaming kids (they are wonderful really), Oh and a soon to be taken over, bankrupt, in adminstration (delete as appropriate) football club I've decided to take myself off carp fishing for 24 hours.

Hi LBT,
    I have just got back into carp fishing after a few years lay off due to work and family commitments, I normally fish Monk Lakes or Darenth Complex doing 24 hour sessions, just bought myself a Nash Indulgence Bed Chair that needs to be tested soon :-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: eaststandmike[/cite]

Hi LBT,
    I have just got back into carp fishing after a few years lay off due to work and family commitments, I normally fish Monk Lakes or Darenth Complex doing 24 hour sessions, just bought myself a Nash Indulgence Bed Chair that needs to be tested soon :-)

Are you coming on to him?
  • Options
    Fish-o-mania on sky this Saturday the fa cup of fishing..
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: DaveMehmet[/cite]

Hi LBT,

Lol Dave,

Now I have re read my message it does look like that, however what I was trying to say was I need to go fishing to test it out.........................................honest!!!!!!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: adamtheaddick[/cite]Fish-o-mania on sky this Saturday the fa cup of fishing..

Top man Adam, I would not have spotted that so thanks for the heads up!
  • Options

Hi LBT,

Dave - Leave them alone. I am sure that a bit of man sex would not bother LBT........
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: 1905[/cite]

Hi LBT,

Dave - Leave them alone. I am sure that a bit of man sex would not bother LBT........

Errrmmmmm, it might not bother LBT but it bothers me!!!
  • Options
    I am happy to engage in any form of sex with anyone or anything.

I understand the Nash Indulgence bedchair is pretty strong and as I'm 17stone it would have to be.

In fact if you got me, Dave Mehmet and 1905 that would be approximately 55-60 stone of man love (how much do you weight mike?)

On a serious note have you had anything of note out of Monks or Darenth, fished Orchards earlier this year and had 5 twenties to 29lbs in a 48 hour session
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    I am a Chris Yates style of piscator myself.. An old centre pin and a few magic beans does it for me.
    It might suprise you but I fish my local river Cray for carp and two secret lakes in Sussex that are not on any maps and bottomless.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Hi Rodex

Where abouts on the Cray?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Rodex[/cite]that are not on any maps and bottomless.

Unlike Les Berrys Tash
  • Options
    Lapsed Carp man here.....had all our fishing gear stolen recently....must find time to get back into it again....Greig is currently stalking Carp around Sydney where they go to 45lb and are considered vermin...sacriledge I know....
  • Options
    Mr Mehmet

I am more than happy to compare the relative size of my bottom and your somewhat oversized backside.

The fact that you've started going to go DH Evans for your dresses says it all
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Les Berrys Tash[/cite]Hi Rodex

Where abouts on the Cray?[/quote]

From Bexley to Maiden lane Crayford.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Les Berrys Tash[/cite]Mr Mehmet

I am more than happy to compare the relative size of my bottom and your somewhat oversized backside.

The fact that you've started going to go DH Evans for your dresses says it all

You're not getting anywhere near my bottom sir!
  • Options
    Dave

I've been near your bottom on any number of occasions if I rmay refr you to the wonderful sunny at Glastonbury many years ago

'don't do that someone will get hurt'!!!!!!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Les Berrys Tash[/cite]I am happy to engage in any form of sex with anyone or anything.

I understand the Nash Indulgence bedchair is pretty strong and as I'm 17stone it would have to be.

In fact if you got me, Dave Mehmet and 1905 that would be approximately 55-60 stone of man love (how much do you weight mike?)

On a serious note have you had anything of note out of Monks or Darenth, fished Orchards earlier this year and had 5 twenties to 29lbs in a 48 hour session

Hi LBT,
    I weigh 13 stone but I am happy to drop the testing of the Nash bedchair........ moving swiftly on and in answer to your question nothing to shout about as such but I am still finding my feet on both lakes, I had a 14lb mirror from Monk but made a mistake of going into a swim that crossed others, I have tried another lake down there but you need a marker rod to find the features so I have just bought one.
    As for Darenth the place drives me nuts, I have only fished the day ticket water (Long Lake) twice, the first day was very hot and the fish were spawning, waste of time as they were too busy bonking to eat my bait.
    The second session was a bit cooler but ramo and the only swims that were empty were up in the stagnent part, I tried various methods i.e. bottom bait, zig rigs, floater but nothing so I aim to crack that one.

Where is Orchards??? is it day ticket or a syndicate water??? nice one re the 5 x twenties up to 29lbs, I would be well pleased with a session like that.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Les Berrys Tash[/cite]I am happy to engage in any form of sex with anyone or anything.

Hi LBT,
    I weigh 13 stone but I am happy to drop the testing of the Nash bedchair........ moving swiftly on and in answer to your question nothing to shout about as such but I am still finding my feet on both lakes, I had a 14lb mirror from Monk but made a mistake of going into a swim that crossed others, I have tried another lake down there but you need a marker rod to find the features so I have just bought one.
    As for Darenth the place drives me nuts, I have only fished the day ticket water (Long Lake) twice, the first day was very hot and the fish were spawning, waste of time as they were too busy bonking to eat my bait.
    The second session was a bit cooler but ramo and the only swims that were empty were up in the stagnent part, I tried various methods i.e. bottom bait, zig rigs, floater but nothing so I aim to crack that one.

Where is Orchards??? is it day ticket or a syndicate water??? nice one re the 5 x twenties up to 29lbs, I would be well pleased with a session like that.

Lapsed Match Angler here! Now you carp guys please tell me the point, you might as well set up your tripod of optonics, complete with bait runners and hair rigs with 25lb line and a 15lb hook length (not forgetting your pop up baits) next to a bed in a slumberland factory, you set your kit up and dive into a tent for 3 hours kip, Now match Angling is all about 4/5 hours of skill, concentration, preparation not forgetting the luck of the draw, not 2 weeks of groundbaiting a swim in the middle of the night.........................Just an opinion, comments please gents and keep them polite ; ).................."runs in search of a empty bivvy".................
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: T.C.E[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: eaststandmike[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: Les Berrys Tash[/cite]I am happy to engage in any form of sex with anyone or anything.

On a serious note have you had anything of note out of Monks or Darenth, fished Orchards earlier this year and had 5 twenties to 29lbs in a 48 hour session[/quote]

Hi LBT,

Where is Orchards??? is it day ticket or a syndicate water??? nice one re the 5 x twenties up to 29lbs, I would be well pleased with a session like that.[/quote]

Lapsed Match Angler here! Now you carp guys please tell me the point, you might as well set up your tripod of optonics, complete with bait runners and hair rigs with 25lb line and a 15lb hook length (not forgetting your pop up baits) next to a bed in a slumberland factory, you set your kit up and dive into a tent for 3 hours kip, Now match Angling is all about 4/5 hours of skill, concentration, preparation not forgetting the luck of the draw, not 2 weeks of groundbaiting a swim in the middle of the night.........................Just an opinion, comments please gents and keep them polite ; ).................."runs in search of a empty bivvy".................[/quote]

Match fishing and modern day carp fishing -------- Pah------- angling at its worst.
    The only bite indicator i use is a silver teaspoon and a china plate and i have no keepnet no carp rod but i still catch carp.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Mr RRH is a very keen fisherman - used to insist on taking me along but I soon stopped that; every time he got a bite i'd sit on the bank and go 'FFIIIIIISSSSSSHHHHHH' - that worked a treat!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: T.C.E[/cite]

Hi LBT,

Lapsed Match Angler here! Now you carp guys please tell me the point, you might as well set up your tripod of optonics, complete with bait runners and hair rigs with 25lb line and a 15lb hook length (not forgetting your pop up baits) next to a bed in a slumberland factory, you set your kit up and dive into a tent for 3 hours kip, Now match Angling is all about 4/5 hours of skill, concentration, preparation not forgetting the luck of the draw, not 2 weeks of groundbaiting a swim in the middle of the night.........................Just an opinion, comments please gents and keep them polite ; ).................."runs in search of a empty bivvy".................

Hi TCE,
    No need to run mate as you make some fair points, I used to have a bash at match fishing but to be honest got fed up with sitting upright on a box feeding maggots into a swim and catching tench, roach, bream etc all day long, I find Carp fishing more relaxing now, yes I bait up an area or just use a single boilie, (only on the day though I do not bait up for weeks in advance), get the rods out, put the kettle on then settle down with my chess computer or the latest copy of Total Carp, and when I d catch something I like to think it will put up a fight and be worth weighing.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Rodex[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: T.C.E[/cite]

Hi LBT,

Match fishing and modern day carp fishing
    Pah
    angling at its worst.
    The only bite indicator i use is a silver teaspoon and a china plate and i have no keepnet no carp rod but i still catch carp.

Ah, the old "put the rod at right angles to the water" ploy when it flies into the lake, and the carp is almost Sh***ng out a size 6 hook, it registers!!
    I have a bite??
    ; )
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Size 10 barbless tied straight to the line 6-8lb, all the way to the pin and nothing else not even a splot shot.
    Avon rods 1 1/4 lb test curve, these skills are being lost.
  • Options
    SINK LOL
  • Options
    We should organise a 48 hour fishing Pads lake is the nuts and you can book the whole lake fish upto nearly 50lb if not bigger I would be prepared to sort it out if people fancy it as for Nash kit it's great stuff all my stuff is Nash as a mate of my mine works for them.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: fatrob[/cite]We should organise a 48 hour fishing Pads lake is the nuts and you can book the whole lake fish upto nearly 50lb if not bigger I would be prepared to sort it out if people fancy it as for Nash kit it's great stuff all my stuff is Nash as a mate of my mine works for them.

Aint got the gear now, but dare say I could borrow it?
  • Options
    what on earth.... ? this is all russian to me.

we walked along the canal near hythe a while back and it went on for miles, mile upon mile of men sitting by the river with all this kit. looked like it cost a few bob.
  • Options
    With regard to match fishing verses carp fishing, I go fishing to chill out and do nothing, match fishing is to much like hard work.

I'd be up for a carp match, never fished Pads lake but would give it a go.

Good opportunity for aq social, I know the people who own Orchards and we could book a whole lake and have a BBQ,

Mike, Orchard Place Fish Farm has a website. Its in Paddock Wood, top lake
  • Options
    I'd be up for a spot of Fishing if something gets organised.