Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Barnet away

edited July 2009 in General Charlton
Who's going?

Comments

• Options
    Me its a day before my birthday
  • Options
    Yeah, no idea what pub i'll be in though.

Its a free for all where we can sit/stand but I say away terrace ftw!
  • Options
    Uncle - its a day after mine so see you for a birthday beer! I didn't talk to you at the market porter!
  • Options
    about the pubs:

"A favourite with away fans is The Old Red Lion, just behind the north entrance to Underhill. Situated up in the town at the top of Barnet Hill are the Moon Under Water and the King John, and down the bottom of the hill (under the Underground bridge) are the Queen's Arms and The Weaver. Away fans are welcome in all of these pubs on the whole - Barnet fans are generally friendly and welcoming'. Steve Smith adds: 'if you come into New Barnet railway station, then opposite is a Wetherspoons pub called the Railway Bell, which has a good selection of beer'. There is a supporters club at the ground, but this is for home fans only."

The Old Red Lion is it then imo
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: uncle[/cite]Me its a day before my birthday
    You seem to be going to quite a lot of games, have you given up with West Ham?
  • Options
    What day is this one?
  • Options
    I'll be there
  • Options
    I'm going - then have the Solar Radio summer soul cruise from Temple Pier in the evening!
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Swisdom[/cite]What day is this one?[/quote]

Saturday
  • Options
    Yup I'm going.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    We ( & BurntOak Addick) shall be attending this one.
  • Options
    no, taking in the athletics grand prix at crippled alice

want to do quite a few aways this season, so stock-piling my anticipation now !
  • Options
    Me, hopefully, drinking in Camden before and after
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: suzisausage[/cite]Uncle - its a day after mine so see you for a birthday beer! I didn't talk to you at the market porter!

Sounds like a good idea to me !!!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Friend Or Defoe[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: uncle[/cite]Me its a day before my birthday
    You seem to be going to quite a lot of games, have you given up with West Ham?

No just enjoy it here. And if Jonjo's playing i go most places its not really about giving up on west ham its more like i have other interests. West Ham hd the best years of my life and most of my money too so now its just time to enjoy whatever i want
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Yes, bringing Henry Jnr so he can tick off another new ground.

Someone whisper or text me where they are drinking.
  • Options
    I had to bag the trip to the FGR friendly (as, per reports, did the club), and instead went to the Underhill for the Arsenal friendly on Saturday during a brief layover in London on my way home. The stadium does not allow for free movement between sections, so wherever you end up is where you'll stay. And while this is likely not an issue given the difference in crowd size from last weekend to the next, Barnet's main stand features some of the smallest seats I've ever wedged myself into. The grounds are gorgeous and it is a quick walk from both a tube (High Barnet) and rail station (New Barnet). The squad gave Arsenal's academy players all they could handle and did a good job bottling up Rosicky on his return. Hope that Charlton comes prepared or they risk being further embarrassed.
  • Options
    More then likely, not going to see much football before the Brentford home game with trips to Italy, brothers stag do and Wedding etc etc
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Weavers,just down the road (about halfamile) from High Barnet Station has been recomended.
    (Google "Weavers, High Barnet").
  • Options
    *bump*
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    "the weavers , the queens or the red lion, all near the ground , they're in the vicinity of Barnet Odeon.

But If they like decent beer and not a chavvy pub , walk up towards high barnet stn carry on past there for 5 minutes , on the right hand side of the road is The Mitre, it's nice in there . i think they do food on saturday as well"

Recommendation from a good pal of mine from Barnet.
  • Options
    Haven't been to a friendly for a few years, presumably I can just buy a ticket on the day of the game?
  • Options
    Think we're going to have a good following at this game. It's just figuring out which pub to use. I think i'll just trust Rock Spectacle's report and try The Old Red Lion. Dabos we're paying on the gate so you should be fine.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: mart77[/cite]Think we're going to have a good following at this game. It's just figuring out which pub to use. I think i'll just trust Rock Spectacle's report and try The Old Red Lion. Dabos we're paying on the gate so you should be fine.

Cheers mate. Let's hope the weather is good.
  • Options
    weather report say 22 degrees and sunny. Will be in the old Red Lion with Henry Jnr and Alex Wright
  • Options
    22 degrees, £12, unreserved terrace (you can probably move to where ever you want within the ground), zone 5....

Very tempting to say the least!
  • Options
    and 10 mins from my house very tempting indeed
  • Options
    All back to yours afterwards then NLA?
  • Options
    and run the risk of swine flu from nljr you lot must be mad :-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]and run the risk of swine flu from nljr you lot must be mad :-)

Nah...We just want to finish off your stock of Aspinalls