Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Barnet away

Comments

• Options
    new stock tonight and you grubby lot aint even gonna smell em they are mine i tell the mine
  • Options
    Wont be there as gotta work. Bad times. They drew 2-2 with Gooners so not gonna be an easy game.
  • Options
    Parky has just announced that this game will be a Charlton XI and the main senior players will not feature in a similar situation to the Forest Green game. I'm a bit suprised by this.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: mart77[/cite]Parky has just announced that this game will be a Charlton XI and the main senior players will not feature in a similar situation to the Forest Green game. I'm a bit suprised by this.

Makes the 12/5 available on Barnet (Bet365) look rather big doesn't it? Hmm...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: mart77[/cite]Parky has just announced that this game will be a Charlton XI and the main senior players will not feature in a similar situation to the Forest Green game. I'm a bit suprised by this.

Better that the reserves get beaten rather than the full first team.
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    stupid decision. a lot of people had already brought tickets for this and were expecting the first team! unsure on whther ill bother now
  • Options
    Another bollox decision from Charlton.

Was really looking forward to this. Will probably still go but not happy. Barnet are probably not best pleased either.

Beginning to get really, really peed off with the club as a whole.
  • Options
    was going to go, I'll save my money now!
  • Options
    Was gona make the trip, as ipswich for some numpty reason is a night game would be a nice Saturday away from it all, however 12 notes to watch the u18s and ressys no ta, sorry peeps. Will just hopefully be wycombe now.
  • Options
    It actually is like they are deliberately trying to wind us up!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I'm still going. Few beers and a relaxed afternoon not having to worry too much about the result.

Better they told everyone now so you can make the choice. If you'd turned up and found it it was a young squad after it being billed as the first team then fair enough but you've been told. You make a choice
  • Options
    Fair point Henry. At least they've said in advance. It does seem a bit cack handed though. I know pre season is about preparation and conditioning rather than playing to the gallery. But, if you were going to have a Charlton first team and a Charlton XI then I'd suggest you could sent the "eleven" to Crawley in midweek rather than Barnet on Saturday
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    I guess all the "first teamers" in the accepted sense of the word are now on the transfer list so the "Charlton X1" is in fact the first team. They just don't want to admit as much yet!
  • Options
    My mate Harry Pell is travelling tomorrow as well as yado mambo!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Cuff[/cite]Fair point Henry. At least they've said in advance. It does seem a bit cack handed though. I know pre season is about preparation and conditioning rather than playing to the gallery. But, if you were going to have a Charlton first team and a Charlton XI then I'd suggest you could sent the "eleven" to Crawley in midweek rather than Barnet on Saturday

Then again we have a home game on Tuesday so maybe he's saving the first team for then when there are likely to be more Charlton fans there and it will be a sterner test.
  • Options
    I should be at this one
  • Options
    fug me just around the corner and this is dropped on me
  • Options
    Doesn't this mean most first team players are playing in less games in pre-season than usual? I can understand they did it for one game, but now another one meaning most players would have played some part in 5 friendlies at the most. Only difference this year I noticed is there are no reserve friendlies.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Scoham[/cite]Doesn't this mean most first team players are playing in less games in pre-season than usual? I can understand they did it for one game, but now another one meaning most players would have played some part in 5 friendlies at the most. Only difference this year I noticed is there are no reserve friendlies.

I suppose they are looking at potential replacements for when the entire 1st XI gets fed up and f**ks off.
  • Options
    thats it !!!! we tell the club 5 mins before kick off that we as FIRST TEAM SUPPORTERS aint turning up but all the kids are. We can stay in the pubs and have afew beers.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I'll drink to that........
  • Options
    Can't make tomorrow got to get a load of stuff done at home b4 super clive junior arrive(due 20th aug) so have a few for me and cheer the lads on. Ill be there Tuesday. Any lifers having a few before the ipswich game?
  • Options
    Apparently "Weavers" is near the corner of Station Road & Barnet Hill/Great North Road.
  • Options
    Mrs MOG still asleep.........
    bloody night work.
  • Options
    What better way to spend your saturday travelling on the Jubilee Line from North Greenwich to London Bridge then on the Northern line to High Barnet, a nice almost an hour journey there
  • Options
    probs still gonna make this, would be better if they released a squad though so we know who to expect
  • Options
    well, i'm in the bed lion. Weather's good' beer's good, hope the football is going to be good too.
  • Options
    We're at west finchley on our way, sun is out wahey! Hopefully will find the red lion!
  • Options
    were has the match thread gone guys cant see it anymore or am i just being blind?
  • Options
    it's been stickied