Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Mountain Bikes

2»

Comments

• Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: CAFCBourne[/cite]You guys must be crazy £500 on a bike who has that kind of money!![/quote]

My bike cost £1k but effectively got it for £560 through my work's C2W scheme...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: SoundAsa£[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: CAFCBourne[/cite]Guys I think you are miss reading me here... The bike will probably never do over 10mph, see light more than 15 days a year and get dirty twice.

You guys must be crazy £500 on a bike who has that kind of money!!

I just want a casual bike for light exercise and riding to the pub

But NOT BACK from the pub I assume?

£2K fine drunk in charge of a bike. A bloke I used to work with got done many years ago for this, not think his fine was that much.
  • Options
    Cheers colin, might have a loo, I have continental gator skins on the now whoch are good, only thing is I heard carbon doesn't agree with winter, I have carbon forks
  • Options
    Was talking with the guy who I get tyres from and he reckons GP 4 Seasons, Tufo C Elite Ride or Vittoria Pave CG for winter. I'll prob put on the Armadillo's for a month in autumn as I hate wasting 50 quid on tyres but they are so truly horrible to ride on I'll get one of the aboves.
  • Options
    Cool ill have a look at those, any thoughts on the carbon thing?
  • Options
    I've ridden carbon forks in winter for three years now with no problems. Can't see what problems they'd have in winter, salts on the road isn't going to damage them as it may with steel. Carbon fibre's used on planes and automobiles and also used to re-inforce bridge structures, so I can't see there's any problems in winter.

The only problem with carbon fibre is that trauma can weaken it considerably, and some claim that in winter it's more likely to fail????? Can't see it myself with modern carbon fibre but I'm no expert. I've had a few crashes at pace and never noticed any damage to my carbon forks. As I'm no expert I'd ask a trusted bike shop owner, and I'd reckon he'd say everyone he knows uses carbon forks in winter even if they ride on an alu frame for their winter bike.
  • Options
    Bikes Bikes Bikes. On sevenoaks high street.
    i got a front and rear suspention 18 gear bike for 90 notes in there ive had it 2 years now and still it shines like a new one. The bloke in there has been going for donkeys years. he will service them for free too.