Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

It's time for the supporters to act

2»

Comments

• Options
    Not posted on this thread but I think AFKA has got my mood exactly.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: AllLeftFoot[/cite]Agree with and understand all the frustration, but what are we meant to 'protest' about?[/quote]

I guess the fact that we aren't being told anything, that the club has been patently mismanaged, that the same people are still in charge, and all the other things people have been complaining about. Of course, as others have pointed out, there may be reasons for the silence, excuses for the mistakes and hope for the future.

We are in the dark, supporters often are. In those circumstances we have a few choices. We can either make our frustration and anger known to the Board like Lancashire Lad proposes (even if it is misplaced and unreasonable), or have faith that those in charge and in the know are doing the right thing (even if it means appearing obsequious, weak and complacent), or - my personal favorite - wait for the weather to change. We can also organize - the Supporter's Trust option. I've never been one for joining or organizing personally, and I'm not entirely sure what an ST would do, but it is an option and good luck to those who take it forward.

All these options may well be futile. I think people should probably do whichever they feel best about (within the bounds of reasonable behavior), that is whichever best relieves their frustration at our plight.
  • Options
    I'm with AKFA on this and his take on the reasons why any TO hasn't happened.

24 Red, and I'm not picking him out in particular, has summed it up. When he said:

I think people should probably do whichever they feel best about (within the bounds of reasonable behavior), that is whichever best relieves their frustration at our plight.

But I think there is a big difference between voicing a frustration and relieving one (I know, I know but lets keep this clean)

If people want things to change then decide what you are going to do individually or collectively, publicise that and take action.

I've decided what I'm going to do about my worries concerning the future of the club. That is organise a meeting to initiate a supporters trust. Other people have seen that action and liked it and have joined in. Others are interested but want to wait and see, others think it's a waste of time. All valid view points.

But what are YOU going to actually DO?
  • Options
    What AFKA said.
  • Options
    AFKA you're right, in my case it is frustration.

I'm frustrated that the club is not forthcoming with more information, but also understand that there needs to be some confidentiality.
    I'm frustrated that the new season and end of the transfer window is getting closer without the ownership of the club being resolved and the ensuing vacuum in the business of the club.

So these frustrations , coupled with my own inability to take action ( due to illness), lead me to air these frustrations in this media and hope that others will take up the cudgel in my absence.

Enough said, I'll pipe down now and wish you the best of luck with the ST which must be a step in the right direction.
  • Options
    Hahahaha, i hope use go bust, nothing little club