Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

CONSECUTIVE RELEGATION?

edited July 2009 in General Charlton
Surely we cant be relegated again, can we?

Comments

• Options
    without a takeover it is a distinct possibility
  • Options
    no way, we're a big club, promotion favourites, quality team ..... oh bugger yes it looks a distinct possibility.
  • Options
    if we has less than 5 points from our first 5 games then i think its likely....
  • Options
    we won't be relegated again.

us fans desperately need the season to start so we have some football to watch...
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: BBClaus[/cite]we won't be relegated again.

us fans desperately need the season to start so we have some football to watch...[/quote]

That's true. But we are no where near ready and I can't see us being ready for the 8th. In fact without the takeover I fail to see how we will be ready as we will only be able to pick up rejects from other clubs, even if the takeover goes through I suspect we won't get anywhere near a settled side before January.
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    I think we will be in the Isthian premier in a few years - playing to crowds of 37 and a terrier in a park somewhere.

Christ on a bike - we really need to get a grip people. None of us knows what the future holds for our club but negativity breeds more negativity so why don't we try and take a few collective happy pills!!
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Swisdom[/cite]I think we will be in the Isthian premier in a few years - playing to crowds of 37 and a terrier in a park somewhere.

Christ on a bike - we really need to get a grip people. None of us knows what the future holds for our club but negativity breeds more negativity so why don't we try and take a few collective happy pills!![/quote]

I ran out :-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Kap10[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Swisdom[/cite]I think we will be in the Isthian premier in a few years - playing to crowds of 37 and a terrier in a park somewhere.

Christ on a bike - we really need to get a grip people. None of us knows what the future holds for our club but negativity breeds more negativity so why don't we try and take a few collective happy pills!!

I ran out :-)

they are a placebo anyway - a pack of tic tacs will do the same job :)
  • Options
    deary me football season needs to start to shut u drama queens up lol
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Ledge[/cite]deary me football season needs to start to shut u drama queens up lol[/quote]

Now you've made me cry!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    STOP IT! The season has not started yet, surely this is still a time of optimism
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: kimbo[/cite]STOP IT! The season has not started yet, surely this is still a time of optimism[/quote]

OK I'll stop crying and take a tic tac
  • Options
    Blind faith and hope, always lets me down. Its usual for me too always look forward to the new season in eager anticipation of great things to come. After our fail from grace from the prem, I thought nailed on cert we would get promotion. I also felt the same after the Reading game last season, so this season Im a little more fearful.
  • Options
    I seriously doubt relegation but mid table obscurity looks likely to me.
  • Options
    Relegation?.....hmmmn, lets examine the evidence of Philip Parkinsons managerial record, well mid table obscurity would represent a great leap forward for Parky.
  • Options
    already backed us to go down.
    head rules heart.
  • Options
    What are the odds for Charlton to go down?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: kevtherev[/cite]What are the odds for Charlton to go down?
    i got us @ 28-1.
    think best you could get now is 25's.
  • Options
    parkys at the helm,28s look good value
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: kevtherev[/cite]What are the odds for Charlton to go down?

25-1

7 or 8 -1 for promotion.

Bookies dont usually get it wrong
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Good odds for Charlton to go down. However,I could never place a bet like that and have Charlton as divisional winners in that eachway acca with Middlesboro at 66-1.
  • Options
    We have one centre back.
    We have no strikers that are any good.
    We have the possibility that Jonjo, Racon & Bailey will be sold to bring in cash if the takeover does not happen leaving us with no midfield.
    We have Parkinson as our manager.

Can we go down for the second season in a row....I won't even bother answering that one!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: valleyman[/cite]We have one centre back.
    We have the possibility that Jonjo, Racon & Bailey will be sold to bring in cash if the takeover does not happen leaving us with no midfield.

Can we go down for the second season in a row....I won't even bother answering that one!

Yeah but apart from that we are fine !
  • Options
    Oh come on doom mongers for goodness sake. Lots of things can be done to bolster the squad. Lets get a grip!
  • Options
    Unless big changes happen before Wycombe game then relegation looks a very likely outcome in my opinion. Squad would be so reliant on youth players, the majority of which are not ready for first team football.
  • Options
    " Always look on the bright side of life, da doo, da doo, da doo da doo da doo "
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: valleyman[/cite]We have one centre back.

Ahhhh, oh Gawd, ahhhh ...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: PeakieRocket[/cite]Unless big changes happen before Wycombe game then relegation looks a very likely outcome in my opinion. Squad would be so reliant on youth players, the majority of which are not ready for first team football.

If big changes don't happen by wycombe then we'll still have jonjo, bailey and racon. Of course we're going to bring in new players, and we've got until the end of august to do it, not the 8th.

Even after the transfer window closes, we can still bring in some good quality, hard-working, committed loan signings. ;0)
  • Options
    Perhaps division 4 will get rid of those premiership plastics once and for all!

Real grounds and proper fans, unlike those in Div 3.
  • Options
    im ready for welling visiting the valley for a pre-season friendly when they are the bigger club.