Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

CONSECUTIVE RELEGATION?

2»

Comments

• Options
    I do not have the same reservations about our squad leading us to certain relegation. Yes we need a goalscorer and quite a few centrebacks, but we have (at the moment) the best midfield in this division by quite a distance.

Our main problem is that the club needs a boost
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: cfgs[/cite]I do not have the same reservations about our squad leading us to certain relegation. Yes we need a goalscorer and quite a few centrebacks, but we have (at the moment) the best midfield in this division by quite a distance.

Our main problem is that the club needs a boost

Hear hear!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: cfgs[/cite]Our main problem is that the club needs a boost

surely we received that BOOST when parky got given the job full time
  • Options
    Get over it!

We will rise like a phoenix rising from the ashes of defeat and we will Soar once again....
  • Options
    its a real possibility and worse, people are over estimating the difference a take over will make.
  • Options
    Reading this thread is depressing...

Anyone remember the season we were kicked off the Valley and forced into ground sharing at Selhurst? Of course you do...and you all remember how that season finished. Who'd have thought that Charlton would get promoted that year? I'm not saying that we will go up this year, but in adversity strange things can happen.

It's always darkest before the dawn...
  • Options
    It's Possible but after last Season's 'Promotion Effort' I will not rule anything out.
  • Options
    Yes relegation is a possibility, after watching 3 preseason games I feel it is certain. With the directors not given Parkinson a transfer budget to not strenghen the team but at least give him some cover many positions in the team where we have only or 2 players then yes. I now feel sorry for Parkinson with fans having a go at him because of the preseaon fiasco of a team which is not his fault. he does not sell palyers or set the wage budget byt he has to work with in it and this means he has to turn to first/second year academy players who are not yet ready for professional first team football. The directors most do some thing now even if they are still in negotiatnions to sell the club other wise we will not have a team fit for purpose who ever owns the club.
  • Options
    I can see us flirting with relegation but eventually finishing 19th.
  • Options
    We won't get relegated...locked on FACT! ;-)

Got to believe this other wise why bother going to support!

Besides which it'll be the last time I get to go to the Valley before disappearing down under at the end of this year so naturally the team is going to start playing better to give me a send off. * Cough, cough, splutter, splutter *

:-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Where the hell are you guys getting those massive relegation odds?

Just had a look on Betfair, where we are 10-1 to get promoted and 5-1 to get relegated.

Yep, the massed punters of Betfair think we're twice as likely to go down as up.
  • Options
    Not something we can rule out, that is for certain.

Based on the current squad, though, I'd like to think we can do enough to steer clear of too much trouble, but it's hard to see us getting promoted and we'll be being carried by the midfield.

Two weeks is a long time in football though and it's even longer to the end of the transfer window so there is still plenty of time for a few ins and outs. It is hard to see the squad being up to full strength and ready to get off to a flyer on the 8th August so if we do well next year, I can see it being becuase we peak late in the season rather than early.
  • Options
    is it just me or does this title of this thread sound like the title of a new Stephen Segal movie?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: razil[/cite]is it just me or does this title of this thread sound like the title of a new Stephen Segal movie?

LOL
  • Options
    lol you can get 3 to 1 on betfair for us to go up i'll guarantee it till the takeover!!