Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Fortune on Trial at Sheff Utd & Moutaouakil on Trial at Portsmouth

edited July 2009 in General Charlton
Now appearing on the CAFC site moving banner at top of page

Comments

• Options
    i am sorr but that's a disgrace - jon fortune has played in the PL for christ sake we should tell them to fuck off - make an offer and sign or sod off.
  • Options
    Got nothing to do with us now as he's out of contract
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Ledge[/cite]i am sorr but that's a disgrace - jon fortune has played in the PL for christ sake we should tell them to fuck off - make an offer and sign or sod off.[/quote]
    We made him an offer he rejected it, what more do you what.
  • Options
    OK, lets all wake up and smell the roses. any take over that was going through clearly isn't. You dont have to be a genius to work that out. We wouldnt still be holding back on contracts and letting so many players go.

The reason that we are waiting so long to hear any news in my opinion is that the take over has fallen through and i rekon the club is bending over backwards to try and find another buyer so that they dont have to release another ''bad news'' statement.

I hope they find one and the board are obviously working hard to sort this mess out. But a club in so much debt is hard to sell.
  • Options
    i am sorr but that's a disgrace - jon fortune has played in the PL for christ sake we should tell them to fuck off - make an offer and sign or sod off.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fortune is a free agent and can speak with any club. Charlton offered him a contract, he has not signed it and there is nowt the club can do to stop him playing on trial for another club. Hardly a disgrace.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Ledge[/cite]i am sorr but that's a disgrace - jon fortune has played in the PL for christ sake we should tell them to fuck off - make an offer and sign or sod off.[/quote]

Looks like he has taken your advice and decided to sod off...
  • Options
    Fortune going will be a big blow IMHO. Really hoped we'd keep him.

Good news about Yassin. Let's hope we get a fee.
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    re fortune.
    can't blame him.
    he is better than a tier 3 player and has had the right to seek his next employer since january.
  • Options
    Given the circumstances Fortune has demonstrated his loyalty, he could have moved after relegation and agitated for a move to Stoke after a successful loan spell there, but came back. Perhaps some people will only be happy if he plays under the minimum hourly wage or pays the club to play.
  • Options
    Don't blame Fortune for going, like Henry I really hoped we'd keep him.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Real shame on Fortune, I hope they think he is crap and send him back.

As for Moots, it is amazing that Parkinson thinks he is not good enough for a 3rd tier team but he is able to sort our a trial in the Prem...if he goes I can't see us getting our money back for him as we only played him a handful of times.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: valleyman[/cite]As for Moots, it is amazing that Parkinson thinks he is not good enough for a 3rd tier team but he is able to sort our a trial in the Prem...if he goes I can't see us getting our money back for him as we only played him a handful of times.

It's been clear for a while now this isn't just down to his ability. As said British managers don't always like very attacking full backs/wing backs like Yassin is, and I think Parkinson comes into that. Though his biggest problem with the player is whatever happened off the pitch.
  • Options
    Would be a shame about Fortune but guess our new offer isn't likely to be over generous. If he can get a better deal elsewhere so be it. Get the impression he's not keen on moving far from London if possible.

Thing is there are loads of unattached players around who will be getting nervous about finding a club as the deadline draws nearer. Still time for a bargain or two. He says more in hope .......
  • Options
    i didn;t know he was out of contract - been out the loop recently for personal reasons.

all the same making someone like fortune have a trial is still a joke .
  • Options
    I do wonder why we didn't try and sort out his contract a lot earlier last season. Maybe his injury was first thought to be a worse than it turned out... That would explain why Sheff U want to take more of a look at him Ledge. Plenty players are never the same again after big injuries.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ledge[/cite]i didn;t know he was out of contract - been out the loop recently for personal reasons.

all the same making someone like fortune have a trial is still a joke .

been out injured a while, probably just want to make sure he is fit
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: valleyman[/cite]As for Moots, it is amazing that Parkinson thinks he is not good enough for a 3rd tier team but he is able to sort our a trial in the Prem...if he goes I can't see us getting our money back for him as we only played him a handful of times.

You have to consider the fact that Portsmouth currently don't have enough players to fill their starting 11 and the bench, so presumably are happy to give lots of players a trial.
    [cite]Posted By: McLovin[/cite]I do wonder why we didn't try and sort out his contract a lot earlier last season. Maybe his injury was first thought to be a worse than it turned out... That would explain why Sheff U want to take more of a look at him Ledge. Plenty players are never the same again after big injuries.

I guess we didn't want to offer any contracts til we knew what division we'd be in (even though it was pretty obvious by the turn of the year).
  • Options
    So no confirmed news on either Fortune or lover boy.

No squad numbers either.

Wonder if Sheff Utd have offered Jon anything or if we take the deal we've offered him?

And where's Moo2?
  • Options
    Sheff U fans have no idea whats happening with Fortune but he hasn't been training with them since his spell over a week ago. That could mean he's busy moving house, at another club or staying here....it could mean anything!

Moo2 is addicted to milfhunters.com and refuses to leave his room :0)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]So no confirmed news on either Fortune or lover boy.

No squad numbers either.

Wonder if Sheff Utd have offered Jon anything or if we take the deal we've offered him?

And where's Moo2?

Was thinking this myself. Don't go Jon!

On another point I note that our Danish waste of space is yet to be given a squad number but the website have confirmed that is purely as he is on loan. Why can't we just release him!!! ;-(
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Sideways[/cite]Was thinking this myself. Don't go Jon!

On another point I note that our Danish waste of space is yet to be given a squad number but the website have confirmed that is purely as he is on loan. Why can't we just release him!!! ;-(

He was on loan, he isn't any more. Anyone know if he even trains with the first team any more (or even the youth team?? some players are made to do that at some clubs)

We can't release him because he came in on a 4 year contract, £5k a week or so and apparently rising every year. Releasing him might mean we have to pay him £500k-700k, which would be roughly what the rest of his contract is worth.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Scoham[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Sideways[/cite]Was thinking this myself. Don't go Jon!

He was on loan, he isn't any more. Anyone know if he even trains with the first team any more (or even the youth team?? some players are made to do that at some clubs)

We can't release him because he came in on a 4 year contract, £5k a week or so and apparently rising every year. Releasing him might mean we have to pay him £500k-700k, which would be roughly what the rest of his contract is worth.

I wonder if the t******r might change the situation with Christiesen or is are his bridges with the club burnt. You'd like to think a Danish U21 player would be a decent player at League 1 level and we might be able to afford the payment his first appearance will trigger, should the club change hands.
  • Options
    You cant blame Christenson!

Who was our chief scout, manager and chairman?
  • Options
    Scoham rarely do you pay a contract up in full if you settle it early. We obviously can't afford to but what usually happens is a significantly reduced up front cash offer happens; apparently we made an offer but was way too low. Most footballers are idiotic enough to accept it before agreeing a contract with another club. Indeed all they see is lump sum, and the agent loves it as he knows it's money straight away and money coming in again for hopefully another deal..
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ColinTat[/cite]Scoham rarely do you pay a contract up in full if you settle it early. We obviously can't afford to but what usually happens is a significantly reduced up front cash offer happens; apparently we made an offer but was way too low. Most footballers are idiotic enough to accept it before agreeing a contract with another club. Indeed all they see is lump sum, and the agent loves it as he knows it's money straight away and money coming in again for hopefully another deal..

No you probably wouldn't, but I'm sure it was said on here he rejected the offer to terminate his contract early. I got the impression he wants the total value of the contract if we're going to let him go. I guess it's just what you said, what we offered him wasn't seen as good enough.
    [cite]Posted By: Exiled_Addick[/cite]I wonder if the t******r might change the situation with Christiesen or is are his bridges with the club burnt. You'd like to think a Danish U21 player would be a decent player at League 1 level and we might be able to afford the payment his first appearance will trigger, should the club change hands.

Will be interesting to see, though I expect he'll go. Unlike Yassin there probably isn't something(s) that happened in training/behind the scenes, we just can't afford £100k for him to make his debut when he's not significantly better than say Wagstaff or anywhere near as good as Sam.
  • Options
    Fortune hasn't been given a squad number at Sheffield United according to their website, so I'm wondering whether he is now without a club.
  • Options
    Hes always got 'Faces' to fall back on?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: NorthStandUltra[/cite]Fortune hasn't been given a squad number at Sheffield United according to their website, so I'm wondering whether he is now without a club.

Fortune done a hamstring playing on trial for them, so no doubt can't even train.

Which is quite possibly why any proposed offer has gone quiet .... ?
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    [cite]Posted By: ColinTat[/cite]Scoham rarely do you pay a contract up in full if you settle it early. We obviously can't afford to but what usually happens is a significantly reduced up front cash offer happens; apparently we made an offer but was way too low. Most footballers are idiotic enough to accept it before agreeing a contract with another club. Indeed all they see is lump sum, and the agent loves it as he knows it's money straight away and money coming in again for hopefully another deal..
    I suspect that we won't do this, for three reasons:

1) The proportion of his salary that we're getting back from his loans exceeds the total that we'd be able to knock off the total contract value, by terminating it early. He always has the option of staying put.
    2) Cash flow: we're massively in debt. The directors/bank might not be keen to stump up a large lump sum.
    3) If we were going down the road of taking a hit on him, we'd be better off just playing him and getting some on-field benefit.