Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Fortune on Trial at Sheff Utd & Moutaouakil on Trial at Portsmouth

2»

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]Moots shown door at Pompey

No surprise there. If everything went to plan when we originally signed him, we were hoping 2 years later he'd be a Premier League player. At the moment he's nowhere near that.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Scoham[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite][url=http://www.portsmouth.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=164835]Moots shown door at Pompey[/url][/quote]

No surprise there. If everything went to plan when we originally signed him, we were hoping 2 years later he'd be a Premier League player. At the moment he's nowhere near that.[/quote]

If he can't get in our side when we were propping up the CCC what makes anyone think that he's suddenly good enough to be playing premiership football?

I suspect that with his form before signing for Charlton Pompey took him on trial to have a look at him and then realised exactly why he's nowhere near our first team. Their curiousity satisfied he's on his way back.

Hopefully we can send him off somewhere on loan/flog him off rather than have him sat in the stands earning a salary but doing nothing.
  • Options
    if pompey want to sign eugene bopp they really are in trouble.
  • Options
    I don't think Moots not being in our first team is anything to do with ability.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]I don't think Moots not being in our first team is anything to do with ability.

I do. He was a poor defender when he played for all his forward runs IMHO.

His unwillingness to put his hands up and admit mistakes didn't endear him to his team mates and neither did his other activities
  • Options
    I don't.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]I don't.
    Not just ability but work ethic and teamwork.
    He clearly showed in his first few games his ability, then he got injured and stopped marking, would chase a guy for about 15 yards and then give up, lazy and too good for a small club like us etc. etc.

I think he could be a back up winger...
  • Options
    For the Record all this Crap about Mooto knocking someone off is total crap.

Who makes this stuff up anyway?
  • Options
    but he did clump another player in training tho ( i heard)

whatever he's chuff just like most of our players
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]but he did clump another player in training tho ( i heard)

whatever he's chuff just like most of our players

French U21 Skipper, he could not be all that bad, perhaps it's not all his at fault, maybe the way we play / coach players are partly to blame ?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    For the Record all this Crap about Mooto knocking someone off is total crap.

Who makes this stuff up anyway?

Henners is quite keen to keep reminding us about it...

I presume that it must therefore have been on the OS at some point.
  • Options
    Did Fortune sign for Sheff Utd in the end or is he still injured? I noticed he wasn't in their side last night.
  • Options
    No don't think he's signed for anyone yet.
  • Options
    Was just looking for that myself. I don't think he's with anyone as yet.
  • Options
    waiting for us to be able to offer him nearer what he wants with a bit of luck...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Northern_Monkey[/cite]
    I don't think he's with anyone as yet.

He's with the Woolwich .......
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Elthamaddick[/cite]waiting for us to be able to offer him nearer what he wants with a bit of luck...

I was wondering that. Is it a case of Sheffield have said to him we'll sign you when you're fit or is there a chance of us re-signing him if the takeover goes through?
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]Did Fortune sign for Sheff Utd in the end or is he still injured? I noticed he wasn't in their side last night.[/quote]

He's still on trial, I think he picked up an injury in pre-season and I don't suppose Sheff U want to fork out good money on signing him until it's clear that he's going to stay injury free. Presumably he's on a week-to-week contract and they aren't nervous that another team will take a punt on him in the meantime.
  • Options
    Hamstring injury apparently. 3 or 4 weeks until you can train again, let alone play.