Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Alan Curbishley could return to Charlton

edited July 2009 in Rumours
http://www.people.co.uk/sport/football/tm_headline=alan-curbishley-could-return-to-charlton%26method=full%26objectid=21548517%26siteid=93463-name_page.html

Alan Curbishley could make a sensational return to Charlton three years after quitting The Valley.

Curbishley will be re-installed as manager if the club is sold to a consortium headed by former chief executive Peter Varney.

And the new owners will wait as long as possible to get Curbishley, who is fighting a legal compensation battle with West Ham - a case he will lose if he takes up new employment.

He is suing the Hammers for an estimated £3million after walking out of the club last September, blaming "breach of trust and confidence".

Comments

• Options
    "And the new owners will wait as long as possible to get Curbishley"

They cant be wrong can they? How long is long as possible?
    I dont think Curbs would come back even if offered the job.

What we need is someone with a shed full of money.
  • Options
    Tubes one and two ...............Fire
  • Options
    AAARRRGGGHH!!!!!!
  • Options
    "In the town, where I was born... lived a man who sailed the sea"
  • Options
    Can't see it happening. The way it's going at the moment we'll wait another 2 months before news on the takeover before being told it fell through right a the last minute.
  • Options
    Glug Glug Glug................................................................................>>>==========)))
  • Options
    Could be to late in november, could explain parkys ways of late, he knows he's temporary so trying hard but not 100% commited, leaving money transfers till jan??
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ShootersHillGuru[/cite]Tubes one and two ...............Fire

I have missed something here. Why are people saying this thread should be sunk?
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    He`s coming home, He`s coming home !!!!

See this thread
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: adamtheaddick[/cite]Could be to late in november, could explain parkys ways of late, he knows he's temporary so trying hard but not 100% commited, leaving money transfers till jan??

What are his ways of late? I doubt he can sign anyone at the moment and unless a takeover does go through we have no transfer money for now or January.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Why, if he is claiming West Ham effectively forced him out, and he has been "out of work" since then, can he lose the case? Surely the facts will be determined by law and then quantum established. He may lose part of his compensation if he gets another job but isn't that the point.

Say his contract was worth £3M if he had stayed at West Ham over a three year period.

He takes up a new position after one year for a two year contract which pays him £500K per annum. His loss as a result of West Hams breach of faith etc is

1 year at £1M
    2 years at £500K

i.e £2M (plus the £1M he earns for his new job).

I am no expert on this but equity would suggest that would be how it panned out.
  • Options
    Agree Bing. Never understood why accepting a job would nulify a rightful claim. He was either unjustly treated and due compensation or he wasn`t. Earning a living whilst this was determined is surely irrelevent.
  • Options
    Lets hope so! However he is someone i'd like to maybe see in charge of Rangers after Walter goes. Have a lot of respect for his ability as a manager.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: GlasgowAddick[/cite]Lets hope so! However he is someone i'd like to maybe see in charge of Rangers after Walter goes. Have a lot of respect for his ability as a manager.

Would be a good appointment for Rangers. He'd get you 3 'nought-noughts on the spin.'

P'raps.

;o)
  • Options
    Can't see Curbs going anywhere until his pay-dirt in November...
  • Options
    Not what we need anymore anyway. Parkinson's team is starting to gel and he's starting to look a handy manager to get us out of this League and beyond.

Another change of manager, even Curbs, would hold us back another season whilst he forms his own squad of players.
  • Options
    Director of football anyone ?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ShootersHillGuru[/cite]Director of football anyone ?
    Only if our manager wants one in place. Otherwise it won't work well, and would eventually turn into a wait until Parky is sacked and Curbs takes over as manager.
  • Options
    I will always love and treasure Curbs but he is the past and not the future.
  • Options
    What Ormiston said
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    If Curbs came back which I very much doubt I rekon he would have us back in the prem within 5 years.
  • Options
    I can't help feeling that if he comes back at all, it will be as Director of Football. Chances are he won't be coming though.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: GlasgowAddick[/cite]Lets hope so! However he is someone i'd like to maybe see in charge of Rangers after Walter goes. Have a lot of respect for his ability as a manager.

Please God no! He is a Charlton legend. Don't let him ruin that status by having anything to do with those nasty bigoted shits!
  • Options
    Bloody hell. Are we really this desperate?
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    On sky sports news just now he has won his case against West Ham.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Valley_floyd_red[/cite]Bloody hell. Are we really this desperate?

?...Explain please!
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    OMG please come back curbs i would be over the moon not outta desparation but because he is god. So was the other thread not about him winning the West Ham case then?????
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: covered end junior[/cite]On sky sports news just now he has won his case against West Ham.

Just answerd my question thanks. But really wow exciting times if he does come back thats put a real perk in me today i know it prob wont happen but the fact that there is a shread of hope of getting the messiah back :-)
  • Options
    Pillock, thats all that needs to be said
  • Options
    Now we do the takeover ....

get Curbs in, Thank Phil for getting us here....

Give curbs 8mil...

and bang Chamions league.....