Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Alan Curbishley could return to Charlton

2»

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: mascot88[/cite]Thank Phil for getting us here....
    League One?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: mascot88[/cite]Now we do the takeover ....

get Curbs in, Thank Phil for getting us here....

Give curbs 8mil...

and bang Chamions league.....

Please can I have some of what your drinking?....:-)
  • Options
    hhmmmm i think i am going to stick with my original statement

[cite]Posted By: C.Walsh'sLoveChild[/cite]Pillock, thats all that needs to be said
  • Options
    hahaha.....

thank him for getting us to 2nd in the table....

curbs always worked on a budget, 10 mil will land us the copa america, eaaaaaaaaaaaasyyy
  • Options
    I reckon Curbs is at the top of the list for a large number of teams! Hull is my first guess.
  • Options
    Its time for curbs to come back and put 6 yrs hard eork in, only for us not to be able to handle him leaving again...

come on curbs.....

still reckon we should have gone for ranieri.....
  • Options
    let's move forward not backward
  • Options
    unfortunately all we've done is move backward since curbishley left
  • Options
    the answers to yesterday's crossword are unlikely to work for today's
  • Options
    i'm not saying we should have curbs back ....
    We've had our turn with curbs and the board decided to let him go a year earlier than he wanted to, so imo we don't deserve another chance
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    History has proved quite conclusively that it was a big mistake to lose Curbs. Sometimes in life you have to learn the hard way that the grass isn't always greener on the other side. I really don't buy all this "never go back" stuff. What do we want as a club, to stay in league 1 for donkeys years, or do we want to get back to the Premiership ASAP. Personally I believe we would have a much better chance of getting back there under Curbs than we would with Parky.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: queensland_addick[/cite]History has proved quite conclusively that it was a big mistake to lose Curbs. Sometimes in life you have to learn the hard way that the grass isn't always greener on the other side. I really don't buy all this "never go back" stuff. What do we want as a club, to stay in league 1 for donkeys years, or do we want to get back to the Premiership ASAP. Personally I believe we would have a much better chance of getting back there under Curbs than we would with Parky.

Probably true but without the lure of new money via takeover then .......well its just nonsense to even think about his return. He has served his apprenticeship and can`t see him jumping over fences in order to serve it again.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: ShootersHillGuru[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: queensland_addick[/cite]History has proved quite conclusively that it was a big mistake to lose Curbs. Sometimes in life you have to learn the hard way that the grass isn't always greener on the other side. I really don't buy all this "never go back" stuff. What do we want as a club, to stay in league 1 for donkeys years, or do we want to get back to the Premiership ASAP. Personally I believe we would have a much better chance of getting back there under Curbs than we would with Parky.[/quote]

Probably true but without the lure of new money via takeover then .......well its just nonsense to even think about his return. He has served his apprenticeship and can`t see him jumping over fences in order to serve it again.[/quote]

No, unfortunately I can't see it happening either. I just find it hard to understand the logic behind the thinking that he shouldn't come back simply because he has already managed us for many years. It's like telling your wife never to bake you your favorite cake again because despite the fact that it's extremely delicious she hasn't made it in the last two years and therefore she should never make it again !
  • Options
    If this is about Takeovers then it's on the wrong thread
  • Options
    it's like asking to her to bake the same cake but using none of the original ingredients ;-)
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Salad[/cite]it's like asking to her to bake the same cake but using none of the original ingredients ;-)[/quote]

Fresh ingredients should always be used for the best result!
  • Options
    Curbishley's time at Charlton had run it's course, he said so himself.

Unless we were to get a massive investment of funds, I can't see that there is any incentive for him to come back and even then I'm not sure he would want to.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: queensland_addick[/cite]History has proved quite conclusively that it was a big mistake to lose Curbs. Sometimes in life you have to learn the hard way that the grass isn't always greener on the other side. I really don't buy all this "never go back" stuff. What do we want as a club, to stay in league 1 for donkeys years, or do we want to get back to the Premiership ASAP. Personally I believe we would have a much better chance of getting back there under Curbs than we would with Parky.

I think your right ultimatly we have built a good standard of club with a ground bigger than some in the prem. Now im not saying a clubs size is judged on the size of its stadium but that is an indication. I personally do not want to be a league 1 club or a champ club obviously i want the best for our club and the best for any club is to be in the prem. Lets be honest with all these consortiums buying out football clubs and with the world of football being a money grabbing world now, it is scary times being in any league below the prem, for example say each prem club gets a large consortium to buy them out small clubs without consortiums will be pushed out of the market and if we languish in league1 for years we will not be an attractive buy which could end up in us being non existant. However if we manage to get promoted quickly back to the prem it would make us a more attractive offer. Now do not get me wrong i hate the way football is all about money nowa days but that is the way its going and in some ways gone i am affraid and the money is in the prem so if we want to survive i would say back to the prem asap in my opinion.
  • Options
    quote# 39
    the answers to yesterday's crossword are unlikely to work for today's

unless of course the crossword is the quick one on the back page of the substandard
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Barn Door Varney[/cite]Curbishley's time at Charlton had run it's course, he said so himself.

he also said that he wishes that he'd been allowed that extra year.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: ThreadKiller[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Barn Door Varney[/cite]Curbishley's time at Charlton had run it's course, he said so himself.

It could have made a big difference financially - if he'd kept us in the Prem for that last year we'd have come into the new sky sports tv cash. And I also reckon he wouldn't have spunked the £14m+ dowie had either......
  • Options
    I cant see any other way we are gonna get anywhere,

It weems we are incapable of finding a top quality manager, I do like Parky and he puts in 100% and hopefully he can have us there or there abouts, its just with Curbs he gave us such security, he knew what to flippin do........
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: ThreadKiller[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: Barn Door Varney[/cite]Curbishley's time at Charlton had run it's course, he said so himself.[/quote]

he also said that he wishes that he'd been allowed that extra year.[/quote]

I have never heard him say that, certainly not publicly.

He would not sign an extension and he and Murray felt that it would create too much uncertainty if he he went into the 06/07 season in the last year of a deal that he would not be extending.

It would make signing players very tough if the manager signing them was leaving at the end of the year.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ormiston Addick[/cite]

He would not sign an extension and he and Murray felt that it would create too much uncertainty if he he went into the 06/07 season in the last year of a deal that he would not be extending.

It would make signing players very tough if the manager signing them was leaving at the end of the year.

curbs did publicly say this at 'an evening with curbs' a few months back ... he said he wanted to see the last year out and would have like to help murray chose his successor
  • Options
    edited November 2009

Sorry edited, attached my comments to the wrong post.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Ormiston Addick[/cite]

curbs did publicly say this at 'an evening with curbs' a few months back ... he said he wanted to see the last year out and would have like to help murray chose his successor

Which ironicly may well have been Phil Parkinson!!