Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Guess The Crowd For Wycombe

Comments

• Options
    edited August 2009
  • Options
    13,529.................3-1 victory
  • Options
  • Options
    On the basis of above where 1,000 kids get free tickets, 500 Wycombe and me......I'd say 16,125 mostly because people are hoping there will be announcement or progress on the Undertaker.

Hope not though or the Lib Club will get too busy pre and post.
  • Options
    Just looked on the Wycombe site and tickets only went on sale today? Surely can't be right??

http://www.wycombewanderers.co.uk/page/TicketNews/0,,10430~1714279,00.html
  • Options
  • Options
    Roughly 10k ST holders
    1k freebies
    500 Wycombe
    1500 or so walk up.

• Options
    Surely Wycombe will have 1500 odd?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: mart77[/cite]Surely Wycombe will have 1500 odd?

I thought someone posted that a few days ago they'd only sold 300 or so.
  • Options
    Pay on the gate for wycombe fans.

I reckon we will have around 14-15k
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    You may well be right fella, i just thought they'd have a big following to see one of the big teams!
  • Options
  • Options
  • Options
  • Options
  • Options
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    [cite]Posted By: PL54[/cite]On the basis of above where 1,000 kids get free tickets, 500 Wycombe and me......I'd say 16,125 mostly because people are hoping there will be announcement or progress on the Undertaker.

Hope not though or the Lib Club will get too busy pre and post.

Congratulations, you were closest (I think?!) only 400 odd out
  • Options
    It was a very good crowd - Charlton's highest in the Third Division since the Preston NE promotion decider in 1975 - with a much bigger home walk-up on the day than we have had in recent seasons. Wycombe brought 1,021 in the end.

Outstanding performance by the fans, given the context.
  • Options
    If we can get those sort of attendances for home games, things maybe not looking as gloomy as first thought.

Felt busier up in north upper than it has in last couple of yrs
  • Options
    Airman, am i right in thinking stewards were going down the queue (which snaked from the ticket office back to the road at 2.55), and swapping tickets for cash ?

Thought i was back at Welling !
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]Airman, am i right in thinking stewards were going down the queue (which snaked from the ticket office back to the road at 2.55), and swapping tickets for cash ?

Hahahaha quality!!
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]Airman, am i right in thinking stewards were going down the queue (which snaked from the ticket office back to the road at 2.55), and swapping tickets for cash ?

So I understand.
  • Options
    very long queues when i went past so well done for not leaving ppl waiting when you can stewards to do a quick job.

Shame we didnt push on for a 4 or 5 goal win as might have converted a few into STs.

Still have to be impressed by 16 k+
  • Options
    Airman, out of interest what was the walk up yesterday, and how did that compare with what the club were expecting ?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]Airman, out of interest what was the walk up yesterday, and how did that compare with what the club were expecting ?

I had a conversation about this on Thursday and the view then was that it was very hard to predict. There was a big walk-up for Ipswich, but a lot of those people will have been season-ticket holders.

You might expect more match ticket sales because 30 per cent of season-ticket holders haven't renewed, but this was not our experience last season - even before it became clear we were in trouble. Match ticket sales - in advance and on the day - were poor.

Also you would expect an increase in match ticket sales to be reflected in advance sales rather than just walk-up on the day - in fact advance sales for Wycombe were poor, although it did get busier towards the end of the week.

In the end we sold more match tickets for Wycombe than for any game last season except the Kid for a Quid game against Barnsley and we probably had the biggest walk-up for a league game in a number of years, although I don't have figures to prove that.
  • Options
    And this is also at a time when a lot of people are on holiday too.

V impressive turnout.
  • Options
    did we only have 1 stand where the tickets could be purchased or was the north stan box office open also
  • Options
    north stand office was closed
  • Options
    feckin joke,why cant you pay on the turnstyle sorts all the problems out.
  • Options
    unbelievable queues at the valley for a walk up , just hope those that turned up will do again cos i know i would have had the right hump with queues that long ....
    still to those who got in they must have been pleased with the excitement (you were all wrong the championshit isn't the exciting league it's the third tier where it's at FACT) and hopefully they'll all be back for some more chinese torture in the near future but we have to have enough bodies to get these people in the ground quickly or it may put some off