Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Should we sell Llera ?

edited July 2009 in General Charlton
Been thinking of how ridiculously imbalanced our squad is with just one centre half, would it not be better to flog him and do without them altogether ? Or get Robbie Elliot to fill in playing rush-goalie ?

Comments

• Options
    edited July 2009
    We've done without forwards for two seasons so why not.
  • Options
    Semedo? Youga?

oh yeah see what you mean
  • Options
    Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

Or could it actually work!?!?!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: addick1965[/cite]We've done without forwards for two seasons so why not.
    we have forwards but not the scoring variety - which as we know is very old school.. the modern forward does something quite different

;):);):)
  • Options
    Yeah Rob deffo to play rush keeper
  • Options
    We should sell Dan Deriver then the OS could say 'Sold - Dan Deriver' and that would sum up exactly how things are at the moment.
  • Options
    Flog Elliott and Randolph and play monkey goalies this year
  • Options
    What have you heard AFKA?

Llera being sold? Club must be in a real mess but it said he was being sold on Charlton Life so must be true.

I think if we get £250k for him and get Sodje and Ward in that's a good deal.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]What have you heard AFKA?

Llera being sold? Club must be in a real mess but it said he was being sold on Charlton Life so must be true.

I think if we get £250k for him and get Sodje and Ward in that's a good deal.

No, the last thing we need is more players. More chances of injuries, then we might also need an extra physio. Slippery slope, with wage bill sliding further out of control.

I would dedicate the funds raised from the Llera sale towards the hiring of a Chief Luncheon Vouchers Officer. We desperately need to get the foodbill back in line for a Division 3 club.
  • Options
    We could bring Mark Stuart out of retirement to replace him - he'd be able to fill in as a stopper.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    How about we sell Elliot and Randy as well?

We could just play a midfield and striker XI, all that diving about could induce a fiar few knocks.
  • Options
    Sell Llera and use the money to hire a Deputy-Deputy-CEO

That's one area of the club where we're really short
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]No, the last thing we need is more players. More chances of injuries, then we might also need an extra physio. Slippery slope, with wage bill sliding further out of control.

I would dedicate the funds raised from the Llera sale towards the hiring of a Chief Luncheon Vouchers Officer. We desperately need to get the foodbill back in line for a Division 3 club.

Luncheon Vouchers! Do you think the club is made of money?

Play the youth team and rely on free school dinners. That is way forward.
  • Options
    would be great business tho as we got him free, I hear Cardiff have some ex palace collusus we could bring in instead..
  • Options
    Play one of Caplin/Waggot/Kavannagh at Centre Half ?
  • Options
    You'll be getting a call from your old man Rick to play soon Ketters.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]You'll be getting a call from your old man Mick to play soon Ketters.

I would do better than some of the clowns we have had playing that position recently !
  • Options
    Kay wanted to see us adopt a straightforward strategy of 11 midfielders spread across the pitch running with the ball....wouldnt need any forwards, goalkeepers etc....
  • Options
    We've been short of central defenders for more than a year, Parky's been in charge for 8 months and here we are 2 weeks from kick off and only one senior centre back on our books. What is Parky doing? I could put together a list of three or four we'd have a chance of getting without the benefit of a scouting system. There must be plenty of non-league players who could make the leap to full-time and do a decent job. Instead he recruits Richardson when we have Semedo at least as good and Wade Small when we have Lloyd Sam. I can already hear him trotting out excuses "my hands were tied" for his failures.
  • Options
    we started the same last year...one fit CB on the books.....nothing changes :-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Addickson's God[/cite]We've been short of central defenders for more than a year, Parky's been in charge for 8 months and here we are 2 weeks from kick off and only one senior centre back on our books. What is Parky doing? I could put together a list of three or four we'd have a chance of getting without the benefit of a scouting system. There must be plenty of non-league players who could make the leap to full-time and do a decent job. Instead he recruits Richardson when we have Semedo at least as good and Wade Small when we have Lloyd Sam. I can already hear him trotting out excuses "my hands were tied" for his failures.

I'm sure that he must have plan A & plan B lined up. If we get taken over then the likes of Ward, Sodje etc. will probably come into play. If it falls through, he will probably have to fall back on a couple of the trialists McCready, O'Leary etc. I can't believe there is not a plan of action in place, all be it plan A or B!
  • Options
    Lets play total football - pick a goalie and next 10 best players, and have them rotate positions a la volleyball.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]Been thinking of how ridiculously imbalanced our squad is with just one centre half, would it not be better to flog him and do without them altogether ?[/quote]

Didn't we try that last season?
  • Options
    2-4-4?
    2-2-6?

nah, sod it 0-0-10!
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Addickson's God[/cite]We've been short of central defenders for more than a year, Parky's been in charge for 8 months and here we are 2 weeks from kick off and only one senior centre back on our books. What is Parky doing?

Now that is a very good question.
  • Options
    could be because HIS HANDS ARE TIED BY THE TAKEOVER AND IS LIMITED TO FREE PLAYERS!!!!
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Addickson's God[/cite]We've been short of central defenders for more than a year, Parky's been in charge for 8 months and here we are 2 weeks from kick off and only one senior centre back on our books. What is Parky doing? I could put together a list of three or four we'd have a chance of getting without the benefit of a scouting system. [/quote]

Ireikpen just gone to Hamilton - he looked decent when he played against us.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Dazzler21[/cite]could be because HIS HANDS ARE TIED BY THE TAKEOVER AND IS LIMITED TO FREE PLAYERS!!!!

true but last season when he brought in Spring and Burton he could have brought in a centre half instead. Spring is surplus to requirements imo and a centre half was necessary then and still is now.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Dazzler21[/cite]could be because HIS HANDS ARE TIED BY THE TAKEOVER AND IS LIMITED TO FREE PLAYERS!!!!

true but last season when he brought in Spring and Burton he could have brought in a centre half instead. Spring is surplus to requirements imo and a centre half was necessary then and still is now.

He won't be surplus to requirements if (when) Bailey, Racon and Shelvey go.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: Dazzler21[/cite]could be because HIS HANDS ARE TIED BY THE TAKEOVER AND IS LIMITED TO FREE PLAYERS!!!![/quote]

true but last season when he brought in Spring and Burton he could have brought in a centre half instead. Spring is surplus to requirements imo and a centre half was necessary then and still is now.[/quote]

He won't be surplus to requirements if (when) Bailey, Racon and Shelvey go.[/quote]

Oh yes he will.