Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Should we sell Llera ?

2»

Comments

• Options
    edited July 2009
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Dazzler21[/cite]could be because HIS HANDS ARE TIED BY THE TAKEOVER AND IS LIMITED TO FREE PLAYERS!!!!

true but last season when he brought in Spring and Burton he could have brought in a centre half instead. Spring is surplus to requirements imo and a centre half was necessary then and still is now.
    He was trying to bring Wayne Brown in and eventually signed Ward. And we don't know who else he probably enquired about.

Spring's not surplus to requirements, we need cover in CM and he'll provide that. I don't really rate him but in League One he'll be ok as back up and probably happy to be a squad player.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Scoham[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Dazzler21[/cite]could be because HIS HANDS ARE TIED BY THE TAKEOVER AND IS LIMITED TO FREE PLAYERS!!!!

true but last season when he brought in Spring and Burton he could have brought in a centre half instead. Spring is surplus to requirements imo and a centre half was necessary then and still is now.
    He was trying to bring Wayne Brown in and eventually signed Ward. And we don't know who else he probably enquired about.

Spring's not surplus to requirements, we need cover in CM and he'll provide that. I don't really rate him but in League One he'll be ok as back up and probably happy to be a squad player.

Brown saw the light and Ward was never going to become permanent so he should have looked elsewhere. We have enough cover in midfield but don't even have two centre halves. We need to sign at least two with Mambo as back-up back-up, we can't rely on a 17yr old who isn't even a pro.
  • Options
    And I'm sure he knows that and is trying to sort it out. I do agree we need 2 more, but he is surely working on it right now and probably have been for a while.

I don't think that's fair about Ward, he tried (and probably did) to get the best available to us at the time. At the end of January he was trying to keep us up, if we stayed up he'd have probably tried to sign Ward.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Scoham[/cite]And I'm sure he knows that and is trying to sort it out. I do agree we need 2 more, but he is surely working on it right now and probably have been for a while.

I don't think that's fair about Ward, he tried (and probably did) to get the best available to us at the time. At the end of January he was trying to keep us up, if we stayed up he'd have probably tried to sign Ward.

fair point re Ward but it was plain to see we were going down even before January.
  • Options
    Was to us but we can't blame the manager for not giving up can we. We don't like it when the players don't appear to care.
  • Options
    Large i'm 100% positive if we had stayed up we would have signed Ward and A N Other who i hear is really good.