Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Where's this takeover then ?

2»

Comments

• Options
    Well my hunch is the mystery buyer is Mike Ashley and he can't complete the deal until he's sold Newcastle..................
  • Options
    thanks McL a good realistic insight into what can happen in this sort of scenario and more than likely on the money, one would suspect
  • Options
    well put mcl. i think you will find with the southampton deal the directors did not recive any of there investment back. the club owed 26mil to norwich union now avia in a loan on the ground and they took 12.5mil for this loan to get it off there books. what bank would want to have been seen to reposes a football ground what value would it have none really. the coucil would never grant any planing on it and no other team would ever ant to play there. so it has no value. hope that helps some one . ith regards to us i think there is no such thing as freindly debt every one always wants there money back banks directors every one .
  • Options
    Val Doonican is still out on tour...so it's all on hold till he get's back.
  • Options
    McL

Very interesting post. The poker references are over my head, but I'm sure they are appropriate, as most City types fancy themselves as gamblers, with variable results.

The only area where I'd differ from you is this. In my field a deal isn't "done' (i.e. a buying price agreed) until after due diligence is completed. I have reason to believe that in this case it has been. Just as it was in the Zabeel case (in that case its a matter of public record if I recall right). Due diligence doesnt come cheap, and when you pay for it, you expect to act on it.
  • Options
    I think If we were all juts a bit more patient with the Club things could yet turn out OK.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]I think If we were all juts a bit more patient with the Club things could yet turn out OK.

is that a change in your stance Ketman ?? I thought the other day you were all doom and gloom too.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]I think If we were all juts a bit more patient with the Club things could yet turn out OK.

is that a change in your stance Ketman ?? I thought the other day you were all doom and gloom too.

Got caught up in the depression on here, still think the squad balance is a disgrace at the moment but the season has not started yet. A lot of the critisicm of the board/club seems valid at the moment, but with the absence of any actual facts do we really know who to blame? I would say no we don't.
  • Options
    altogether now.........boring boring subject, boring boring subject
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: mrbligh[/cite]altogether now.........boring boring subject, boring boring subject

How on earth can this be boring. Its the most singularly important issue regarding Charlton right now. Am I interested in whats a pivitol point in Charltons history.....You bet I am.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    to be fair SHG even his song is wrong
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ShootersHillGuru[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: mrbligh[/cite]altogether now.........boring boring subject, boring boring subject

How on earth can this be boring. Its the most singularly important issue regarding Charlton right now. Am I interested in whats a pivitol point in Charltons history.....You bet I am.

Bang on Guru, seconded with knobs on!