Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Anything to do in Kent?!?

2»

Comments

• Options
    Come round my place for a cuppa!
  • Options
    The Leather Bottle in Cobham, near Gravesend, lovely pub/inn
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]Take her to Bluewater.

She'll love it.

;o)

The only thing in Kent isn't it other than Charlton Fans!
  • Options
    Chatham Dock Yard not too bad.......

Or some nice pound shops and cafes in Ye Old Dartford Town.....
  • Options
    I've always enjoyed the riverboat trip from Maidstone to Allington Lock. Decent pub by the riverside a nice lunch and a couple of pints, then back to Maidstone. Very pleasant, relaxing afternoon out.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Essex_Al[/cite]I've always enjoyed the riverboat trip from Maidstone to Allington Lock. Decent pub by the riverside a nice lunch and a couple of pints, then back to Maidstone. Very pleasant, relaxing afternoon out.

the Malta Inn? Beafeater with tables etc out by the river?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Medders[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Essex_Al[/cite]I've always enjoyed the riverboat trip from Maidstone to Allington Lock. Decent pub by the riverside a nice lunch and a couple of pints, then back to Maidstone. Very pleasant, relaxing afternoon out.

That's the one Medders, very pleasant on a sunny day. The boat is called The Kentish Lady.
  • Options
    Ye Old Leather Bottle in Cobham is where we had our wedding day meal & we stayed there as the have a few beautiful rooms, a couple with 4 poster beds. Some beautiful walks round there too, so you could make a real day & night of it!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Medders[/cite]

If you go to the Malta Inn you could always look round the Kent museum of Rural life before or after which is worth a visit.
  • Options
    http://www.tour-maidstone.com/Default.aspx?page=308

It's called Kent Life now. Next door to the Malta inn though.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Another brilliant weekend spent on the Kent coast.

JT you didnt stop in the clarendon on your pub crawl did you?
  • Options
    I knew we'd missed one!

Started in Folkestone town centre and ended up in Seabrook, did them all in Sandgate except the Clarendon. Quite busy in Sandgate Hotel when we were there.

The Providence locals didn't look too impressed when we all stumbled in though!
  • Options
    A group of about 10 came in there about 5ish when we had popped in. how could you have missed that one - its my favourite.
  • Options
    what time were you in the hotel at by the way.
  • Options
    We were in there later than that.

I'd find it hard to tell you, late evening i know that much. They had music in the downstairs bit
  • Options
    DA9DA9
    edited August 2009
    [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]http://www.tour-maidstone.com/Default.aspx?page=308

It's called Kent Life now. Next door to the Malta inn though.

Stayed in the Malta Inn a couple of times, well the premier inn attached too it, me & the other half go every now & then just go get away for a night etc, and its a decent beefeater with lovely river views, especially nice in the morning for breakfast and a quick walk down the riverside pathway.
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Watch Kent Cricket Club.
  • Options
    I'll hold back from what my true opinion is of the Malta Inn, a once great juicer now a dirty slughole is all I'll offer

Go to diggerland just off the M2 by Amadeus
  • Options
    Can you Cockney types please keep away from the garden of England as it is not what it was. If you must come down then stick to hop picking like your forefathers, toodle pip from the country gentry!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Carter[/cite]I'll hold back from what my true opinion is of the Malta Inn, a once great juicer now a dirty slughole is all I'll offer

Unlike you to hold back Dicko, so come on - out with it!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Carter[/cite]I'll hold back from what my true opinion is of the Malta Inn, a once great juicer now a dirty slughole is all I'll offer

Go to diggerland just off the M2 by Amadeus

erm mr dicko. Dirty slug hole. the missis and i like taking a stroll down there as its our local. AND as your anticks in the huntsman spring to mind any pub seems nice haha!! i admit tho its not as nice as it used to be.
  • Options
    I don't know what your talking about, huntsman schumtsman

It used to be mint did the malta, now they took all the boats off the ceiling it's not the same
  • Options
    Something about the Huntsman and soil Dicko....
  • Options
    DA9DA9
    edited August 2009
    Malta Inn

Lovely Surroundings

659628_3e9158af.jpg

riverside-setting-for.jpg