Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

NEW Charlton Blog - well worth reading

edited July 2009 in General Charlton
Honest !

For the few of you that are not pig sick of reading my views, the much-admired flag-bearer of London football*, the Evening Standard, has recently discovered there is a club within their boundaries called Charlton Athletic, and have asked yours truely to do a weekly blog:

http://londonfootball.standard.co.uk/

* yes, i know......

Comments

• Options
    Danny Carlier?!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]Danny Carlier?!

yes, its my name.

Or at least my name no one at my work would recognise.
  • Options
    you didn't really believe my real name was Ulysses De La Booze, did you ?
  • Options
    The Sub-standard - I feel dirty just reading it!

Only joking, well done and a good opportunity.
  • Options
    How much you getting paid ?
    ;-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Miserableold-ish git[/cite]How much you getting paid ?
    ;-)

ziltch
  • Options
    Very good Dan. How often do you need to write an article?
  • Options
    Thought it read Danny Cardealer.....
  • Options
    they edited out my joke about Bjourn Borg's tennis-based consortium and too many backhanders :-(
  • Options
    Told you it'd need a disclaimer for the humour impaired!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    No Palace blog, or Millwall ...... ?

Perhaps the Sub-Standard knows that we're still number one in SE London, lol
  • Options
    Well done Dan.Perhaps a new career beckons. ?
  • Options
    Maybe you could do Palarse and Millwall as well?
  • Options
    i can't believe it,the only thing that i had any hope left for has gone and sold his soul!
  • Options
    I think it is a pity you have to wash our dirty linen in public. We, Charlton fans, know we are in a mess but do you have to go and spell it out for the whole of SE England.

AFKA I think you do a marvellous job with this site but this goes a bit too far.
  • Options
    oh come on lancashire lad , don't be so precious, we're a shambles at the moment and that's how it is unfortunately ...
    we were all happy being lauded as the way to run a model club when in reality it was only the miracles of curbs that kept us going
  • Options
    sorry, but being so far away I expect my perspective is a bit askew !
  • Options
    you're in the safest place mr lancashire!!...any nearer and mad takeover charltons disease would be catching ;-)
  • Options
    Danny Carlier, ohh la la very continental :0)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: NorthStandUltra[/cite]Danny Carlier, ohh la la very continental :0)

With a nice 70's frizzy Afro wig, he could be Danny Curlier.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Good on you, Dan. Quite a feather in your cap, mate.

Maybe a stepping stone to bigger & better things ?
  • Options
    Love the Pen name..... ;)
  • Options
    Ohhhhh Danny Danny,
    Danny, Danny, Danny, Danny, Caaaaaaaarlier......
  • Options
    Formidable M. Carlier!!
  • Options
    good stuff! My favourite part: 'In our Premiership days, we routinely lost to lower division teams in cup games, so we are prepared for what may lie ahead.'
  • Options
    Danny - it'll never last!
  • Options
    What happens if we draw the gooners in a cup & beat them, are you allowed to write what you like in your blog or will the Evening Gooner suppress you?
  • Options
    Nice one AFKA. Let's hope one day soon we can look back at that and reflect how far we've come (apart from the mileage accumulated visiting grounds in the Conf).

I wonder if the Sub-Standard's aficianado of London football who told us to stop moaning about making the "fifteen minute" bus journey to Selhurst every fortnight still thrills readers with his well-informed opinions!
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    How did you get to do this Dan - I've often wondered how one gets into freelancing

nice piece (except the typo on Galatasaray) that pretty much sums up the situation but as for the name.........you big gay bear!
  • Options
    You could change your surname every week, that would baffle the Millwall supporters; Dan Courteous or Dan Courtesan, if your the gigalo type...