Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

A new player in tonight....???

Don't shoot the messenger but I was talking to one of the brokers who I work with and it seems he has it on good authority that Christian Daley is signing from Glasgow Rangers and could be playing tonight??

Replacment for Fortune??

Again DON'T SHOOT THE MESSENGER IF A LOAD OF TOSH!!

Comments

• Options
    i'd love that
  • Options
    Isnt that a religious newspaper?
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Daily - he was released in the summer but did ok last season. He often plays defensive mid for the national team but covered at CB for Rangers if Majid or David Weir were injured. Would be a decent signing one a 1 year deal IMO.
  • Options
    Nice 80's perm as well, would love him to sign, wealth of experience.
  • Options
    Think this would be a good deal especially with so many youngsters in the team.
  • Options
    Started as a striker and can play as a full back on either side as well as in midfield or centre back. I'd call him a bit of a "master of no trades" but would probably be a pretty good signing for us. Experienced so may help others.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Brunello[/cite]Isnt that a religious newspaper?

hahahaha i liked it mate x
  • Options
    his kids used to go to school with a friend of mines ... he's a right tight jock apparently
  • Options
    it is a fact i was in the gym this morning and the cleaner trains with the head stewards sons mate fom school and he told me. only joking he is going to be playing starting at cb i heard from a different contact to above
  • Options
    Wasn't he at West Ham when they were relegated and the Wham fans sang "we want a new back four"?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Now i realise how far we've sunk. Thank gawd i wont be there tonight :-(
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    He was utter utter gash against us when we gubbed C**bs's Hamsters 4-0, turned like the Woolwich Ferry.

Anyone with 2 arms and legs will do

(^will live to regret that statement^ )
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: falconwood_1[/cite]He was utter utter gash against us when we gubbed C**bs's Hamsters 4-0.

(will live to regret that statement. . . . )

So you are discriminating against one armed or one legged people now. I know things are bad but lets not forget equal opps.
  • Options
    Got a really big rep after the 98 World Cup and I also thought he was quite good in a fading Derby team. But then he went to Blackburn under Roy Hodgson and was probably from that moment on the most useless over-paid defender in the whole of Britain. He only ever stayed at WHam because his wages were so huge no one would touch him. To give him his dues he did become an asset for them, and he appears to have a few OK seasons at Rangers and Soton albeit with not too many games. Personally unless the guy is playing for a pay as you play deal it's a wate of time, I doubt he'll make more than half the league appearances possible.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: falconwood_1[/cite]He was utter utter gash against us when we gubbed C**bs's Hamsters 4-0.

(will live to regret that statement. . . . )[/quote]

So you are discriminating against one armed or one legged people now. I know things are bad but lets not forget equal opps.[/quote

But will there be a kit available for Christian?
  • Options
    This would make sense as he is currently a free agent

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christian_Dailly
  • Options
    I'd rather a bloke who has been steady for Rangers and is available for nothing, than a 6 figure transfer fee on a complete unknown from the conference.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Clem_Snide[/cite]I'd rather a bloke who has been steady for Rangers and is available for nothing, than a 6 figure transfer fee on a complete unknown from the conference.

yep but the bloke from rangers has a bigger gap to jump up in footballing terms;-)
  • Options
    Reminds me of the story about him joining Blackburn.

Brian Kidd wanted to sign him from Derby and got in touch with Jim Smith to enquire about his availability , Jim said he's have to speak to the chairman. On speaking to the chairman he asked if he was to sell him (which he would do for the right price or around £2m) then would he be given all the funds to spend?

The chairman said as long as he could get what he wanted for him then he could . So Jim went back to Brian Kidd who promptly offered him £5.35m! which Jim was only too happy to accept.
  • Options
    2 years ago I would have been dumbstruck at the prospect of Christian Dailly signing, now I reckon he would be a decent acquisition for us. Would rather keep Fortune though if it was a straight choice.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: valleyman[/cite]2 years ago I would have been dumbstruck at the prospect of Christian Dailly signing, now I reckon he would be a decent acquisition for us. Would rather keep Fortune though if it was a straight choice.

I'd rather we had both.

Any centre back will do right now so I don't think we can afford to be too fussy. Never rated Dailly very highly when we were up the Leagues a bit, but as a League 1 club I don't think we'll do a lot better than an experienced International like him - especially for free.
  • Options
    Live update, Dailly playing and GOD AWFUL
  • Options
    really lol we're 2-0 up so cant be that bad... guarenteed signing.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Les Berrys Tash[/cite]Live update, Dailly playing and GOD AWFUL

I don't suppose he's anywhere near match fit if he's had no club and no regular training.
  • Options
    umm... an ex west ham player on the pitch and an ex west ham player off the pitch signing on.... umm parky has no west ham connections neither does kins or anyone else... as ive said before if you like conspiracys this one has legs...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: adamtheaddick[/cite]umm... an ex west ham player on the pitch and an ex west ham player off the pitch signing on.... umm parky has no west ham connections neither does kins or anyone else... as ive said before if you like conspiracys this one has legs...

Our New Manager is Geoff Hurst ?
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    sir trevor of brooking mate.. :-)

sport-graphics-2008_689542a.jpg
  • Options
    at any level, judge a player by recent performances, never by what he was several season ago
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Salad[/cite]at any level, judge a player by recent performances, never by what he was several season ago

Exactly. Derek Hales might be our all time leading goalscorer ...... but he's not scored for 25 years, so must be rubbish!

;o)
  • Options
    I shall reserve judgement for now, I will let until his first mistake I see then slate him and Parkinson for ever more.

"Feck off back up to Jockville you slow mop haired sweaty!"