Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

A new player in tonight....???

2»

Comments

• Options
    Club do nothing they get slated, club get someone in on trial they get slated, I think we need to remember we are now in Tier Three so Terry & Ferdinand will not be signing to plug the hole at the back. I would imagine most of these triallists we are just having a look at, if they don't show anything we are unlikely to see them playing again. Let's see where we are on opening day playerwise before judging.
  • Options
    as was spoken about between myself , rothko and inspector sands tonight . Good experienced signing for this division
  • Options
    He was miles off the pace tonight, didn't win a header!
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    [cite]Posted By: buckshee[/cite]as was spoken about between myself , rothko and inspector sands tonight . Good experienced signing for this division

I agree, will be hard to find real quality at this level.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Charlieee[/cite]He was miles off the pace tonight, didn't win a header![/quote]

I thought he lasted the 90mins well.

He will do a job for us.

He's a better bet than Mambo at the moment and I agree we'll struggle to get anything much better.
  • Options
    I've always felt he was over rated in the past but agree that his experience , coupled with the number of positions he can play in , would be very beneficial in the coming season. Thought he did alright tonight - If we can also persuade Fortune to sign a new contract, our CB problems are sorted. Phew !
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Charlieee[/cite]He was miles off the pace tonight, didn't win a header!

you can not be talking about daily
  • Options
    What's good about yet another defender on trial is it shows we've been considering a lot of options (Jaidi and keeping Fortune even more options) and want to find the best players we can. We tried out O'Leary, McCready etc but it's turned out that they probably weren't quite good enough.
  • Options
    I read the OS repoert and was very pleased to see that Dailly was playing.

People are remembering Dailly from his Premier League days. We are in the third division and someone of his experience would be a great signing, partly because Charlton are really short on players with a lot of experience. Who is the oldest player in the squad now?

Older journeymen players are important in the lower divisions and we don't have any at the moment.

Of course I didn't see him last night but it was his first game and he lasted 90 minutes. Not bad for a 35 or 36 year old.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]Club do nothing they get slated, club get someone in on trial they get slated, I think we need to remember we are now in Tier Three so Terry & Ferdinand will not be signing to plug the hole at the back. I would imagine most of these triallists we are just having a look at, if they don't show anything we are unlikely to see them playing again. Let's see where we are on opening day playerwise before judging.

Exactamundo.

We are no longer an established Prem or even Chumpionship, and as such I am delighted we can attract a plyer who played international, European and top flight football last season. If we were not now in LEAGUE 1 I would also be less than impressed but we are so get over it
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    yep let's remember that we are in a shit league and just readjust our thought process and as hard as it seems a friendly victory over ipswich is a great result and crap past it players are now good signings for our current predicament ....
    so forget about the glory years and the pathetic mistakes since curbs left, let's be happy with our lot and just pretend the good times never happened and that these bad times aren't as bad as they really are
  • Options
    Yes, come one everybody let's be happy with our lot!
  • Options
    Thought he did well.

Can't believe the people on here saying he never won a header or was awful.

On that showing he would be a good player to have, especially as he can play in a number of positions

And well done to Terry 'scoop' Naylor for getting the story first
  • Options
    I thought Dailly did ok last night and would be a good signing in League 1 esp as he can cover RB and midfield. Agree though with Parky that we still need another 2 CH's. Don't really get this thing with Forch. Why bring Breacker in if we can't afford to offer Forch a bit more ? I read that Parky had been speaking with the Board all Summer to bring him in so it looks as if the penny has finally dropped that the season starts Saturday week and we are a way off being ready for it. Takeover or no takeover we need to start getting our arse's into gear.
  • Options
    Him and Llera looked quite comfortable I thought. We could do a lot worse than getting him in.
  • Options
    Sounds like he would be a good signing on a one-year deal.

As a number of posters have said: people need to get realistic and have a look which division we are in before complaining about the likes of Dailly
  • Options
    It sounds like Dailly put in a composed performance and proved a steadying influence on the whole team.

Aren't we crying out for a player like that .... ?
  • Options
    Unless we sign Lescott, Terry or Toure some people wont be happy.

Lots of people need to re-evaluate our current position, Dailly, with European and trophy winning experience is a good signing (if he does) for a League 1 side.
  • Options
    Cheers Heny

I will badger the hell out my new source of information about anything Charlton!

Watch this space!!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Terry Naylor[/cite]Cheers Heny

I will badger the hell out my new source of information about anything Charlton!

Watch this space!!

Come on, more info NOW. You are worse than the Club.

Why are you keeping secrets from us?

Full take over story by 5.00pm or you are disrespecting Charlton Life : - )
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Always one to admit a mistake, Dailly did have a terrible first half but I thought when Ipswitch upped the tempo second half he coped well.

Credit wheer credit's due
  • Options
    Sorry to bring bad news but Toure has turned us down and is at Man Citeh having a medical :o(

Why can't we have a decent manager who can attract the big names???

Parky out.
  • Options
    Wasn't there last night but even at his age he should be very comfortable at this level, as should Jaidi.
  • Options
    I must admit that i didn't perform cartwheels of joy at hearing Dailly's name linked with us as, like others, I well remember how awful he was for West Ham at times even against us!

However we are talking about two divisions lower and if Fortune is gone/going we do need an experienced head at the back and he would fit the bill.