Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Parky - Izale Might Be On His Way, Confirms Interest In Jaidi

edited July 2009 in General Charlton
Post match interview stated that Hearts were in for McLeod and that we are considering the offer.

Confirmed he has been speaking to Jaidi's agent.

Wants 3 CB & a utility man asap - says we have one CB (Llera) & Utility man (Dailly) - obviously doesn't think Mambo is ready then.

Jaidi would be a good signing on a freebie.

Also mentioned Fortune - we haven't offered him what he wants, entitled to train with Sheff Utd, if we can't offer him what he wants shortly then good luck to him at Sheff Utd.

Lots of hand tied at the moment comments and finance hints.

He is talking like something is still going on.

Comments

• Options
    I noticed that Fortune wasn't in Sheff U's 19-man squad tonight...
  • Options
    Where was the post match interview?
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Charlieee[/cite]Where was the post match interview?[/quote]

On the O/S
  • Options
    Jaidi would be good, but his wages would have to be a big, big problem.

Similarly, McLeod might have to take a big wage cut at Hearts - there is no money in Jockball at all.
  • Options
    I think he's right about Mambo. Play him in the Johnstone Paint Trophy or send him out on loan maybe, but he's not ready to be thrown straight into the team.

At least no one can complain he's not trying to sort out the defensive problems, he's made it clear he wants to sign another 2, plus a (presumably defensive) utility player. Small is still on trial so we may well bring him in. Just leaves a striker which I think we need. If any of the main midfielders go they'll need replacing, especially Bailey as we need someone on the left unless he stays.
  • Options
    Rumour is we're also in for Jaidi.

I reckon you should try and keep hold of McLeod though, League One is more his level. Tbh I wouldn't mind it if Saints made a move for him.
  • Options
    I thought Parky sounded very good on the post match...
  • Options
    McLeod is hopeless. Any money we get for him and get him off the wage bill I am all for.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Scoham[/cite]I think he's right about Mambo. Play him in the Johnstone Paint Trophy or send him out on loan maybe, but he's not ready to be thrown straight into the team.

At least no one can complain he's not trying to sort out the defensive problems, he's made it clear he wants to sign another 2, plus a (presumably defensive) utility player. Small is still on trial so we may well bring him in. Just leaves a striker which I think we need. If any of the main midfielders go they'll need replacing, especially Bailey as we need someone on the left unless he stays.

I read it that Dailly was the defensive minded utility man but agree we still need another two centre halves. Thought Small looked lively when he came on, very pacy.
    [cite]Posted By: Saints fan[/cite]Rumour is we're also in for Jaidi.

I reckon you should try and keep hold of McLeod though, League One is more his level. Tbh I wouldn't mind it if Saints made a move for him.

Pardoo wasted money on McLeod before, can't see him making the same mistake again, however big a knob he is.
    [cite]Posted By: BigRedEvil[/cite]McLeod is hopeless. Any money we get for him and get him off the wage bill I am all for.

Mirror says move to Hearts is a loan deal so at least we'll save part/all his wages ALTHOUGH I'd keep him as I think he could do it in League 1.
  • Options
    Might get a loan fee as well.

Shame about McLeod as he's one of those players I really thought had something. Maybe a loan to Hearts will give him some confidence.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    If he's good enough for Hearts surely he's good enough for us...? I think he just needs to get some confidence via a goal going in off his backside or something.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Might get a loan fee as well.

Shame about McLeod as he's one of those players I really thought had something. Maybe a loan to Hearts will give him some confidence.

even I could score in the SPL
  • Options
    Still no news on Yassin or Holland. I'd like to see Small and Dailly come in plus Jaidi and one other defender, plus a pacey striker for alongside Deon.
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Saints fans, Ipswich fans, Polypse fans and Norwich fans, they're all on here! Charlton Life- So good that fans of other clubs can't stay away (tm)!

Whisper it but dare I say it a team appears to be taking shape (or at least a reasonable idea of one), well done PP!!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: pilchard[/cite]well done PP!!
    Success follows success
  • Options
    Sky Sports are reporting we've told Exeter to up their bid for Fleetwood if they want to sign him, so looks like Parky is happy to let him go as well. Assume we've got someone else lined up because if McLeod goes as well, we're going to be a bit light up front (not that we aren't already!)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: PeakieRocket[/cite]Sky Sports are reporting we've told Exeter to up their bid for Fleetwood if they want to sign him, so looks like Parky is happy to let him go as well. Assume we've got someone else lined up because if McLeod goes as well, we're going to be a bit light up front (not that we aren't already!)

Thats how I read it unless Gray and Dicko are staying.
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Jaidi would be an awful signing. He's past it. Not sure what to make of Dailly either.
  • Options
    Jaidi played over 30 league games for a promoted side last season in league 1. Not sure how that makes him past it for league 2.

And he's three years younger than Dailly.

Doesn't seem to be much in it at the moment. He's a free agent yet has played or training with us so might not be more than we spoke to his agent.
  • Options
    I'd sooner have Jaidi than Dailly, three years younger, he's played at a higher standard recently (Dailly didn't play much for Rangers) and looks a more ambitious type. Dailly would be a decent back up/utility defender, but at 35 is a bit old to be a regular starter.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Jaidi played over 30 league games for a promoted side last season in league 1. Not sure how that makes him past it for league 2.

And he's three years younger than Dailly.

Doesn't seem to be much in it at the moment. He's a free agent yet has played or training with us so might not be more than we spoke to his agent.

I hope there is nothing in it. He might be younger than Dailly, but Dailly is a fitter and better player. There must be someone out there better than Jaidi. Did Sodje sign for Bristol City in the end? Bit worried by Parkinson's comment that we're basically willing to sign any available CB!?
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    [cite]Posted By: The Red Robin[/cite]Jaidi would be an awful signing. Even Kandol completely outpaced him at home last season, desite Jaidi having a head-start! He's past it. Not sure what to make of Dailly either.
    Probably because Kandol isn't actually that slow. Not fast at all, but he's got a bit of pace, if you know what I mean.

No idea where we'll find better defenders than one released by Rangers and one released by Birmingham, who won promotion to the Premier League. We could do a lot worse.
  • Options
    We're in league one and we're skint, for that level Jaidi would be fairly decent. As Henry said, he played 30 times for a promoted championship side so i fail to see why he wouldn't be good enough for us. I'm sure his wages would be too high though.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: The Red Robin[/cite] Bit worried by Parkinson's comment that we're basically willing to sign any available CB!?

Did he actually say that?

He didn't sign O'leary or the other guy we had on loan so just not the case.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]We're in league one and we're skint, for that level Jaidi would be fairly decent. As Henry said, he played 30 times for a promoted championship side so i fail to see why he wouldn't be good enough for us. I'm sure his wages would be too high though.

And that is most likely the problem. Maybe come 31 Aug he and a few others will be willing to take a cut. Until then they will hold out for the best offer and rightly so.

I would prefer Sodje though.
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    jaidi may have played 30 games for a promoted side.
    hudson and butterscotch were half of the tightest defence in the division in 2007-8. getting them went well didn't it.

imo you have to look at what our defence is lacking.
    is it pace, experience, height, leadership, concentration, communication?
    i haven't seen llera or richardson so don't know the answers (probably would be none the wiser if i had), but i would hope that parkinbreaker would.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Heath Hero[/cite]If he's good enough for Hearts surely he's good enough for us...?
    How do we know he is good enough for Hearts? Surely we won't know until he actually plays for them?
  • Options
    according to the sheff united web site jon fortune missed out a game because of a hamstring problem and nicky weaver is there on trial there too
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: paulbaconsarnie[/cite]
    imo you have to look at whatourdefence is lacking.
    is it pace, experience, height, leadership, concentration, communication?

Just add ability and I think you've got it!!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: colthe3rd[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Heath Hero[/cite]If he's good enough for Hearts surely he's good enough for us...?
    How do we know he is good enough for Hearts? Surely we won't know until he actually plays for them?

Well look how Jeffers and Faye struggled in Scotland, though Bougherra did very well.