Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Parky - Izale Might Be On His Way, Confirms Interest In Jaidi

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: paulbaconsarnie[/cite]

imo you have to look at whatourdefence is lacking.

Players?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]We're in league one and we're skint, for that level Jaidi would be fairly decent. As Henry said, he played 30 times for a promoted championship side so i fail to see why he wouldn't be good enough for us. I'm sure his wages would be too high though.

And that is most likely the problem. Maybe come 31 Aug he and a few others will be willing to take a cut. Until then they will hold out for the best offer and rightly so.

I would prefer Sodje though.

I don't know how good Jaidi is now, but I'd imagine playing a significant part in a promotion season suggests he's better than Sodje, who is a Championship back up player at best, good League One defender.
  • Options
    Balance plays a big part of it.

Haven't seen Llera yet but if he's 6'4" then I'm assuming he'll be good in the air, but lacking a little on pace. Would probably be better balanced to have someone quick who can sweep behind Llera if he loses any headers.

Jaidi might be better than Sodje, but Sodje might be better suited to the role we need to fill.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: PeakieRocket[/cite]Balance plays a big part of it.

Haven't seen Llera yet but if he's 6'4" then I'm assuming he'll be good in the air, but lacking a little on pace. Would probably be better balanced to have someone quick who can sweep behind Llera if he loses any headers.

Jaidi might be better than Sodje, but Sodje might be better suited to the role we need to fill.

Llera didn't look slow, but I think could do with an experienced head beside him. Given Llera is left footed, it would be better if his partner was right footed (not a problem given the names we're discussing).

I hope it's not a choice between either Dailly or Jaidi, I think they'd both be great signings. Both better than Sodje in my opinion.
  • Options
    I think someone like Sodje is a good idea as we need some Brawn not just height in this league, agree we need a pacier partner too tho
  • Options
    The thing that concerns me is if we can't afford to give Fortune what he wants then how can we afford Jaidi or Dailly who are both likely to be on bigger wages.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]The thing that concerns me is if we can't afford to give Fortune what he wants then how can we afford Jaidi or Dailly who are both likely to be on bigger wages.[/quote]

I'd imagine Jaidi would be asking for a lot. Probably too much.

Don't think Dailly would have been on huge wages at Rangers. They are skint.

Dailly has had a pretty successful career and has no doubt picked up a fair few quid. He looked pretty committed last night. Parky praised his effort in training. Hopefully, he won't be after too much and is looking at extending his career at the highest level he can.
  • Options
    signing on fee I guess, more appealing to the older player.

Fortune bit earlier in his career etc
  • Options
    jaidi would be a good signing, especially if we practice corners.
  • Options
    I reckon Fortune would be on a bigger wage than Jaidi/Dailly. Presumably when you stay at a club for a long time, every contract you sign is for more money. Only now are we offering him less money than he was on previously. I think Jaidi/Dailly would accept less as they are less likely to find a club than Jon.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Not necessarily though Dabos. Fortune would've probably have a relegation clause meaning his money dropped when we fell out of the prem, and he wouldn't have been on massive money anyway.
    Jaidi was a prem player then went to Birmingham who would've been fairly high payers.
    Dailly was a prem player then went to Rangers. Despite them being skint now they'd surely have paid more than we were as a championship club.

Either way, at the very least i'd expect Jaidi and Dailly to have been on around 10-12k a week, and we won't pay anywhere near that. I'd also be surprised if neither of them could find a championship level club.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]Not necessarily though Dabos. Fortune would've probably have a relegation clause meaning his money dropped when we fell out of the prem, and he wouldn't have been on massive money anyway.
    Jaidi was a prem player then went to Birmingham who would've been fairly high payers.
    Dailly was a prem player then went to Rangers. Despite them being skint now they'd surely have paid more than we were as a championship club.

Either way, at the very least i'd expect Jaidi and Dailly to have been on around 10-12k a week, and we won't pay anywhere near that. I'd also be surprised if neither of them could find a championship level club.

Fair points, Chris. I've no idea whether any of our players actually had relegation wage reduction clauses. It may be a standard inclusion in all contracts.

Anyhow, the figures you're suggesting are scary, I hope we won't have to pay them anywhere near that!
  • Options
    Jaidi would be a very good signing. How many times last season did our strikers lose out because the opposition had some big lump at the back?

Jaidi could do that.
  • Options
    jog on izale and sign stern john on a free would score goals in league one
  • Options
    Why do i keep reading Jaidi as Jedi?

I keep thinking we're going to sign Obi One Kenobi or Luke Skywalker.....
  • Options
    I'd have thought Fortune was paid quite a lot. Lisbie was rumoured to be on a lot with us because as a long-serving player, he'd had a few contract renewals, and Fortune might have had the same thing.

Surely Jaidi and Dailly will know they have to accept pay reductions on their previous contracts.
  • Options
    Games I saw Jaidi play last year he always seemed to be giving fouls away and walking a red-card tight rope. Also seemed to get turned a lot by strikers, so guessing there's a good reason for his being available on a free. Dailly is more appealing to me at the moment, both would be an improvement i guess.
  • Options
    Jaidi is slow but he's a big, strong and experienced presence, and thirty apperances last season in the team with the best defence in the division above ours suggests he can't be that bad. He only got 6 yellow cards too and no reds, which suggests he might be a physical player, but he knows what he can and can't get away with.

Maybe not an ideal partnet for Llera, but maybe Parky is thinking Dailly, Youga and Semedo give him options for a smaller, quicker(ish), more 'cultured' player, but he only has Llera in the big lump mould, therefore Jaidi would be cover/competition for Llera, rather than a first choice partner.

Pointless signing players for the sake of it, but we do desperately need centre backs and there can't be too many better players than Jaidi and Dailly available for free to a League 1 club, if indeed they are interested in the kind of money we can afford to pay them.
  • Options
    I can recall him getting sent off a couple of times in the prem, I think, but we're league one now, I'd be delighted with getting him
  • Options
    i reckon mcloed is going to scotland - call it intuition maybe but i can feel it in my water
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ledge[/cite]i reckon mcloed is going to scotland - call it intuition maybe but i can feel it in my water

I heard one of those "my wife works in an estate agents and they are selling his house" stories but the source wasn't very reliable.
  • Options
    Jaidi was signed on a free from Esperance by big Sam. Esperance are the biggest club in Tunisia, but Tunisia is a pretty poor country. Big Sam did well to move him on for decent money after an eye catching season. I doubt if Brum started paying him even average wages for their squad. Fortune was probably on as much if not more in wages. The difference with Jaidi is if he doesn't get a contract here or in the richer Middle East countries he won't be receiving the same wage as we pay him back at Esperance. Not to say I definitely want him, haven't really seen him much recently.
  • Options
    Not sure I see it that way. Brum have been big payers and he went on a Bosman. I reckon he would have been on a lot more than Forch, but we're all just idly guessing.
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Ledge[/cite]i reckon mcloed is going to scotland - call it intuition maybe but i can feel it in my water

I heard one of those "my wife works in an estate agents and they are selling his house" stories but the source wasn't very reliable.

When it's on the OS i'll believe it ;)
  • Options
    When Izale get's Sold I expect NSS & Ooh Aah to be doing Cartwheels & talking up our chances for this season.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Mortimerician[/cite]Not sure I see it that way. Brum have been big payers and he went on a Bosman. I reckon he would have been on a lot more than Forch, but we're all just idly guessing.

As someone said earlier, Jaidi, etc probably get offered a contract within our current wage structure - and any top up made by a lump sum signing on fee.
  • Options
    I thought Hearts were in danger of going into administration, which surely makes new signings unlikely at this stage?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Mortimerician[/cite]Not sure I see it that way. Brum have been big payers and he went on a Bosman. I reckon he would have been on a lot more than Forch, but we're all just idly guessing.

As someone said earlier, Jaidi, etc probably get offered a contract within our current wage structure - and any top up made by a lump sum signing on fee.
    I'd not disagree with that, just saying that I think he'll be coming down from a higher level than Forch, which will be the challenge.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]When Izale get's Sold I expect NSS & Ooh Aah to be doing Cartwheels & talking up our chances for this season.

if we keep gray i'll be a bit more bullish of our chances but the clown , let's not go there
  • Options
    Jaidi set to sign for Southampton