Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

What is it with coloured boots?!

edited July 2009 in General Charlton
How many players did we have today with standard black boots on?

From recollection - we had :

Basey - electric blue
Sam - illuminous yellow
Racon - Red
Llera - Red
Semedo - White
Spring - White
Dickson - Red

I am sure there were more - and that's why we won't win anything this season - we have a team of players more interested in the colour of their boots than playing!

I sound like my dad - but it used to be that only "special" players wore coloured boots and now feckin' rubbish division 3 players are all wearing them!

Comments

• Options
    edited July 2009
    omg this is so sad ¬¬
  • Options
    I'm sure the colour of the boots isn't their priority while choosing them.
    Having said that, Lloyd Sam's boots look radioactive
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: cafc-4-life[/cite]omg this is so sad ¬¬[/quote]

Not sad - but reflective of our players caring more about standing out by wearing different boots than standing out by being the best player on the pitch!
  • Options
    They could all wear leopard skin boots for all i care.

Are they good enough to play for us, then fine. Wear what they want.

What next to moan about. Not enough filling in your meat pie.
  • Options
    I would suggest by our league position and performances over the last three seasons that NO, they are NOT good enough to all play for us!
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    [cite]Posted By: supaclive[/cite]I would suggest by our league position and performances over the last three seasons that NO, they are NOT good enough to all play for us!

So what did you think about tonight's game? Or were you taking notes on player's boots?
  • Options
    LOL!

I thought we were the better of the two teams - though I did think that Ipswich's team was very young and lacked a lot of their "bigger" names. However - you can only beat what is in front of you.

Basey was more accomplished than he has been for a while, but the intensity of the game meant he wasn't exposed. Christian Dailly was pony at West Ham in the premiership - but we ain't West Ham and we ain't in the Premiership, so I'd sign him.

Solly reminds me of Kevin Dickinson from way back when - I like him and think he'll grow into a crowd favourite. Youga did well when he came on - I'm not a big fan of Wade Small.

Spring is tidy but ineffective really, Dickson does himself no favours when he comes on, Burton is the best of a bad bunch - but why we persist in lumping it forward to him is plain daft.

I thought Jonjo had one of his poorer games - lots of running but nothing really happened when he was on the ball. Bailey is wasted wide at the level we will be playing at, Sam was effective but his end product still isn't what it should be - if he hadn't been brought down for the penalty, I think he didn't know what to do with the ball and he would have wasted it.

Racon is a class above, Fleetwood was better than I expected, Elliot will be one of the best keepers in our division, Llera looked equally good one moment and equally poor the next - but we have to give him some time.

I think a real cutting edge up front and some nervous moments at the back will mean we don't run away with the division, but keep the midfield together and we'll win more than we lose - I hope!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: supaclive[/cite]LOL!

I thought we were the better of the two teams - though I did think that Ipswich's team was very young and lacked a lot of their "bigger" names. However - you can only beat what is in front of you.

Basey was more accomplished than he has been for a while, but the intensity of the game meant he wasn't exposed. Christian Dailly was pony at West Ham in the premiership - but we ain't West Ham and we ain't in the Premiership, so I'd sign him.

Solly reminds me of Kevin Dickinson from way back when - I like him and think he'll grow into a crowd favourite. Youga did well when he came on - I'm not a big fan of Wade Small.

Spring is tidy but ineffective really, Dickson does himself no favours when he comes on, Burton is the best of a bad bunch - but why we persist in lumping it forward to him is plain daft.

I thought Jonjo had one of his poorer games - lots of running but nothing really happened when he was on the ball. Bailey is wasted wide at the level we will be playing at, Sam was effective but his end product still isn't what it should be - if he hadn't been brought down for the penalty, I think he didn't know what to do with the ball and he would have wasted it.

Racon is a class above, Fleetwood was better than I expected, Elliot will be one of the best keepers in our division, Llera looked equally good one moment and equally poor the next - but we have to give him some time.

I think a real cutting edge up front and some nervous moments at the back will mean we don't run away with the division, but keep the midfield together and we'll win more than we lose - I hope!

Excellent response and no mention of boots at all
  • Options
    What boots?....
  • Options
    Well I used to wear blue boots back in the 90's playing in the East Cornwall League, and the Plymouth & District League.

Ssssh, keep it a secret, but only last season I turned out in blue boots for the Charlton Life games - and even graced played the Demelza match at The Valley in blue boots.

And d'you know what? Nobody complained.
    Not even SupaClive.

;o)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I wasn't there

Otherwise I would have

;-)
  • Options
    lol, Supes!
  • Options
    funny we were all laughing about the coloured boots

we are in division 3 ffs not the poncey prem
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]funny we were all laughing about the coloured boots

we are in division 3 ffs not the poncey prem

Or even the poncey East Cornwall or Plymouth & District Leagues .......?

;o)
  • Options
    hows things mate
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    I don't feel the colour of players boots really matters at all, as long as the players in them do the business!!
  • Options
    I do recall reading somewhere that if a player is getting harassed on the ball and can't look up, he knew who was nearby by distinctive combo of socks and football boot colour. Sounded a bit far fetched to me, but then I don't play.
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Remember the beleaguered Manager of Barnstoneworth United from Michael Palin's 'Golden Gordon episode of Ripping Yarns' ..........

"Shorts don't matter! It's the pumping muscles underneath that matter, the two legs of iron for running around kicking the ball! It doesn't matter if they're blue serge shorts, white cotton shorts, green flannel shorts, monogrammed shorts, hand-stitched shorts, signed shorts, shorts made in Austria or pink shorts that light up at night. They're not important!"

Boots on the other hand (foot?) ....... that's a whole different thing ......isn't it?

In my own playing days, I always found it odd to have to turn out in light-coloured socks. Sadly I was cursed with teams that generally played in yellow socks (yes, I know). Just found it sort of strange to be aware of the lower part of the leg. Might explain why I shinned it so often.
  • Options
    I thought Dicksons Fluro pinky red boots were just a tad on the silly side....I quite like the blue ones though that Basey was wearing...we too all had a bit of a laugh at the colours
  • Options
    Football boots are black.

When I rule the world gay boots will be banned
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: charltonkeston[/cite]Football boots are black.

BBBB

Bring Back Black Boots
  • Options
    Does it sodding matter what colour there boots are FFS

we wont win as they are too worried about the colour of there boots

get real
  • Options

Erm better wording could have been used here...

On the subject of boots I look at the shape of the boot if i like that and they are black red or white i'll buy but not Green Yellow or Orange or Pink no no no.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Dazzler21[/cite]

Erm better wording could have been used here...

On the subject of boots I look at the shape of the boot if i like that and they are black red or white i'll buy but not Green Yellow or Orange or Pink no no no.

I'd get pink boots if I were you, Gay Gordon.

;o)
  • Options
    Whatever the colour of the boots, I can't for the life of me understand why all the squad can't have boots fitted with the flashing light thingy you get in kids shoes.
  • Options
    Performance enhancing lights in their boots are not allowed.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Dazzler21[/cite]Performance enhancing lights in their boots are not allowed.

What about Heelys?
  • Options
    Paddy'd have their guts for garters if they used Heelys on the pitch
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Bump for this and a quick question given how things are going recently and how many of our squad are currently sporting coloured boots (baby blue fer gawds sake on Wednesday!)

Coloured boots,

a) sign of a player confident in his own ability and you don't care what they wear or
    b) sign of a poser more interested in his own appearance and should be banned until performances improve?
  • Options
    B, B, B !

Lloyd Sam - have you seen his GREEN effort - they are shocking and so has he been!
    Neon Deon Burton - his boots gave him a hernia!
    "Pacey" Basey - those boots are slowing him down
    Racon - great in the August sunshine and has disappeared since

Our best players this season - Elliot, Dailey, Sodje + Richardson - all wear black boots

:-)