Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Darren Bent

Comments

• Options
    Good luck to him. Ill always lookout to see how well he's getting on.
  • Options
    Yeah same here !!!!!!!
  • Options
    Did we pay Ipswich 20% on profit?
    We signed him for £2.5M raising to £3M, if he made an agreed number of appearances for Charlton and for England. Did we pay the extra 500K?
    If we gave Ipwich £2.8M.

We took the £11M up front from Spurs, so we made £5.7M on the Bent deal, very, very poor.
  • Options
    We paid Ipswich £5m odd in the end. Last year (or tomorrows) handbook should say Darren Bent is now our record signing with the exact fee.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Shag[/cite]Yeah same here !!!!!!!

lol - i had to read that a few times - wondering who rattled your cage!
  • Options
    I for one am pleased he has left Spurs, completely mi-used & un-appreciated by them. He'll do well at Sunderland no doubt about it.
  • Options
    scored on his debut 1-0 to Sunderland at Bolton
  • Options
    Get in Darren! Top man!
  • Options
    will score twenty goals this year...
  • Options
    IN YR FACE SPUDS
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Nice one Darren.
  • Options
    We all know his quality, He'll do well up there where he is appreciated. Good on ya Dazza.
  • Options
    Well done Darren!

Would love it if he grabbed a hat-trick, or the winning goal against Ivy Tilsnapps mob this year.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: BexleyRed[/cite]We all know his quality, He'll do well up there where he is appreciated. Good on ya Dazza.

Course we do - he went straight in the fantasy league side!
  • Options
    Excellent my two bets are looking good for now, bloke at work reckons crouch will score more than benty, no way Jose!! Tenner!!

The other bet is with the driver who is Wall highest finish, tenner!! Nice!!
  • Options
    Good news....

Go on Benty!!!

love it Bruce will have him banging them in....

I wonder what odds Bent to be leading English scorer and not make the world cup.... again...

if any one can find this bet then Id be delighted....
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: mascot88[/cite]Good news....

Go on Benty!!!

love it Bruce will have him banging them in....

I wonder what odds Bent to be leading English scorer and not make the world cup.... again...

if any one can find this bet then Id be delighted....

we'll all be putting money on that!!
  • Options
    Soon as he went to Sunderland he was the first name in my dream team. Bruce will build the team around feeding Bent the ball and we all know what he can do with the right service.

Bizarre how he did so well at Spurs yet most people (at White Hart Lane anyway) seem to view his time there as a failure...!
  • Options
    What exactly were Darrens stats at Spurs. Anyone know ?
  • Options
    Love your user name.... leaburn for england....

bents in my dream team as well...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    According to Wikipedia, 25 goals in 79 appearances - although a lot of those were as a sub, and finished as the Spuds top goalscorer last season.

Not too shabby. At Sunderland I think we're going to see Bent make the breakthrough (for both England and rebuilding his reputation). As long as he keeps off Twitter!
  • Options
    Although, after just googling his stats, just found this news story and must admit I never knew he was cautioned for firing a pellet gun at a 12 year old!

Never had him down as a Bowyer/Barton type :)

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/suffolk/3801945.stm
  • Options
    Good luck to the bloke and I was genuinely pleased to see him score for Sunderland yesterday and can see him going on to hit 20 goals this season. I hope so as he's in my dream team.

Apart from the last couple of weeks, he was the consumate professional and never complained once. Yes, he never got a fair crack of the whip at Spurs but in all honesty I think he would have been better going to West Ham rather than coming to us.

Not quite sure how the Spurs fans never really took to him. When he first signed for the club, the Berbatov/Keane partnership was pretty much unbreakable and he was always going to struggle to get a game. Defoe found the same didnt he? Really expected him to nail down a starting place last season but it never materialised. Dont know why. I guess it didnt help that the Sporting Director Damien Commolli signed him in the first place and not Jol as manager then neither Jol, Ramos nor Redknapp fancied him, simple yet really unlucky for him.

Another view. Fair enough, he scores goals, we all know that. Other than that, he didnt really show much else. Over the past decade or two, Spurs have have tended to play with forwards rather than strikers. Forwards that tend to offer much more than just scoring goals and contribute a lot more to open play. The likes of Sheringham, Keane, Berbatov, Defoe, Kanoute to name a few have always had a touch of flair or creativity about them - Bent does not, simple. The only notable expections to that over the last decade or so would have been Klinsmann and Ginola but the fact they won player of the year, football writers player of the year tells its own story.

Dont get me wrong, I think Bent is a good player, he will score goals for fun in a team which plays to his strengths but he was not that player for Spurs. Will be interesting to see how he reacts when scoring against us. Berbatov and Defoe never celebrated scoring against us, can I say the same for Bent? I doubt it.
  • Options
    Defoe, creativity? Are you serious? Unless he's massively extended his repertoire in the last year, I'd have said he was your stereotypical goalpoacher.
  • Options
    Fair appraisal from JohnBoy UK. Bent is a top player but did not fit the mould at Spurs. Classic example of the problems caused by directors rather than managers buying players.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Dazzler21[/cite]fifa bent vs coventry

Rubbish keeping.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: aliwibble[/cite]Defoe, creativity? Are you serious? Unless he's massively extended his repertoire in the last year, I'd have said he was your stereotypical goalpoacher.
    I'd agree although in Defoe's case I guess he meant a bit more flair rather than creativity like he said.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Scoham[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: aliwibble[/cite]Defoe, creativity? Are you serious? Unless he's massively extended his repertoire in the last year, I'd have said he was your stereotypical goalpoacher.[/quote]
    I'd agree although in Defoe's case I guess he meant a bit more flair rather than creativity like he said.[/quote]

Yeah, thats more what I meant with Defoe. He's more than capable of scoring from anywhere, gets his fair share of goals from outside the box and has that ability to do something a little bit special, weave a little bit of magic to leave the defender in his wake...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: JohnBoyUK[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Scoham[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: aliwibble[/cite]Defoe, creativity? Are you serious? Unless he's massively extended his repertoire in the last year, I'd have said he was your stereotypical goalpoacher.
    I'd agree although in Defoe's case I guess he meant a bit more flair rather than creativity like he said.

Yeah, thats more what I meant with Defoe. He's more than capable of scoring from anywhere, gets his fair share of goals from outside the box and has that ability to do something a little bit special, weave a little bit of magic to leave the defender in his wake...

He's still a judas **** :o)