Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Darren Bent

124»

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: North Lower Neil[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Dazzler21[/cite]fifa bent vs coventry

Rubbish keeping.
    true was on world class though!
  • Options
    Had a significant (by my standards) bet on him on Friday to be top prem goalscorer e/w.

Did the same last year as well and was still looking good until he got injured at the end.

Hope Benty proves Redknapp wrong and gets more goals than Judas.
  • Options
    I think JohnnyBoy is spot on. Alas many of his fellow Yiddos lack a brain and you'll hear most of the season "he was shit for us"...

Benty will score goals for fun up there, good luck to him, Jones and him look a real handful and team is set up a little more to play to his strengths, with sides pushing on more against Sunderland there will be plenty more chances and space in benind for him. i'd lump on for top scorer or top scoring Englishman.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: T[/cite]many of his fellow Yiddos lack a brain and you'll hear most of the season "he was shit for us"...

That pretty much somes up what the bloke in the bookies said to be last week when I stuck my customary tenner e/w on him at 33's. An interesting debate followed but I had to leave as it was obvious they bloke had never been anywhere near WHL and was just regurgitating the spin coming out of Talksport et al. God I hope he's still working there next April...
  • Options
    i've backed a few quid on bent to get more than defoe, premiership league goals ... easy money, i think!
  • Options
    Simple for a stato
    -- put Bentys last 4 seasons prem games played goals scored . then compare against

WankerDefo
    Berbatof
    Crouch

and id bet he is better than all 3.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Goonerhater[/cite]Simple for a stato
    -- put Bentys last 4 seasons prem games played goals scored . then compare against

WankerDefo
    Berbatof
    Crouch

and id bet he is better than all 3.[/quote]... and Keane
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: JohnBoyUK[/cite]Good luck to the bloke and I was genuinely pleased to see him score for Sunderland yesterday and can see him going on to hit 20 goals this season. I hope so as he's in my dream team.

Apart from the last couple of weeks, he was the consumate professional and never complained once. Yes, he never got a fair crack of the whip at Spurs but in all honesty I think he would have been better going to West Ham rather than coming to us.

Not quite sure how the Spurs fans never really took to him. When he first signed for the club, the Berbatov/Keane partnership was pretty much unbreakable and he was always going to struggle to get a game. Defoe found the same didnt he? Really expected him to nail down a starting place last season but it never materialised. Dont know why. I guess it didnt help that the Sporting Director Damien Commolli signed him in the first place and not Jol as manager then neither Jol, Ramos nor Redknapp fancied him, simple yet really unlucky for him.

Another view. Fair enough, he scores goals, we all know that. Other than that, he didnt really show much else. Over the past decade or two, Spurs have have tended to play with forwards rather than strikers. Forwards that tend to offer much more than just scoring goals and contribute a lot more to open play. The likes of Sheringham, Keane, Berbatov, Defoe, Kanoute to name a few have always had a touch of flair or creativity about them - Bent does not, simple. The only notable expections to that over the last decade or so would have been Klinsmann and Ginola but the fact they won player of the year, football writers player of the year tells its own story.

Dont get me wrong, I think Bent is a good player, he will score goals for fun in a team which plays to his strengths but he was not that player for Spurs. Will be interesting to see how he reacts when scoring against us. Berbatov and Defoe never celebrated scoring against us, can I say the same for Bent? I doubt it.

Darren alluded to as much with his post match comments

Bent rapped: "Last season, playing with Robbie Keane or Jermain Defoe, I was mainly acting as the target man. But with Kenwyne it allows me to play the role I am made for.

"My natural game is playing off the shoulder of the last defender. People did not see the best of me when I was at Tottenham because I was playing as a target man.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: JohnBoyUK[/cite]

Not quite sure how the Spurs fans never really took to him.
    Will be interesting to see how he reacts when scoring against us. Berbatov and Defoe never celebrated scoring against us, can I say the same for Bent? I doubt it.

bent's an arsenal fan so IF he scores he's got to give it big time but then again any proper arsenal fan wouldn't sign for spurs