Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Where should I move to?

2»

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: DPFC[/cite]You should try the southborough lane/road area of bickley. Good schools near by, both primary & secondary. Good transport links, Bickley Petts wood & chislehurst stations very close by and of course a much better class of residents with many CAFC fans

True but pricey.
  • Options
    Thomas Tallis is a good school.

Orpington/Chelsfield fit your criteria too.
  • Options
    Thanks gents.
  • Options
    Hi Picwick,
    Just saw your post.

For someone who lives in Bexley village you will not get much for that amount. I have the house valued at £395,000 and have been trying to downsize for 3 months now, to a smaller 3 bed in the village. Unless it is by the A2 or outside the village, have not seen anything, the estate agents are rather lazy and compared to those in Bexleyheath have done nothing for us. I know a couple of houses that are on the market but one needs £25,000 to be put right having had a tank leak.

As others have posted Blackfen is more sensibly priced, and Sidcup as well, especially around Burnt Oak, which will qualify you for a decent primary school.

The catchemnet areas are very narrow around here so do your homework before you buy, my daughter went to Blackfen and now we are told we could NOT have got here into that school because of oversubscription.If you live in the village not past the blue anchor or Joydens wood you should be fine. But then Joydens wood has Dartford Grammer the best school but that is not in Bexley, and a seperate exam.

If you are youngish Bexley park has some decent houses and is less better value for money . But it can be a bit remote up there. Good luck anyway.
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Well I have made an offer, which has been accepted and am moving to sunny Sidcup, assuming everything moves on from here. Thanks to all for the suggestions/info, and in due course a pint in the Alma, AFKA.
  • Options
    Just make sure you avoide Sidcup... oh!

;o)
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Sidcup :P
  • Options
    If the Alma is your local then you'll wonder why you never made the move before. Cracking pub.

Some of the clientele can be a bit iffy mind you, in a shortarse, working in a bank nerdy website running sort of way.