Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Movies you've never seen but should have

BDLBDL
edited August 2009 in Not Sports Related
Seeing the tragic death of John Hughes has made me realise that I never saw Ferris Buellers day off.

There are several other films that I've never seen - Ronin, The Godfather (honest - never seen it), The French Connection.

Anyone else missed out?

Comments

• Options
    Citizen Kane - often named as one of the greatest films ever but i've never seen it
  • Options
    The Godfather,which is amazing seeing as Goodfellas is one of the greatest films I've ever seen.
  • Options
    1 u shud see mate is get over it, one of my fave films. comedy fyi
    i havent seen godfather either, but also have not seen star wars, james bond or any other thing like that dunno why but i just dont like following everyone else.
    the one movie i did follow everyone is lord of rings, which to my suprised i loved it and watched all films in a week lol
    while on the subject any film with adam sandlier always good :-P
  • Options
    Casablanca, Lawrence of Arabia, Cool Hand Luke (which is a disgrace because it seems to be on Film Four every night). Oh and for the love of God please get the Godfather Trilogy as soon as.
  • Options
    Ronin surely doesn't deserve to be mentioned alongside The French Connection & The Godfather?!
    I've never seen The Sound of Music or Grease & don't intend to. Grumpy git signing out ;-)
  • Options
    never seen Psycho.
  • Options
    BDLBDL
    edited August 2009
    [cite]Posted By: Darren[/cite]Ronin surely doesn't deserve to be mentioned alongside The French Connection & The Godfather?!

Wouldn't know, not seen them ;-)

Will see if I can borrow Godfather Trilogy.

CTIC - You've got to see Lawrence of Arabia - It's absolutely stunning.
  • Options
    Casablanca - 2nd best film ever to gone with the wind.

Never seen godfather (any of em) or usual suspects. Or the whole of trainspotting in one sitting from beginning to end.
  • Options
    Posted By: Henry Irving 'never seen Psycho.'
    Wow! That's a good 'Never seen.'
    Yo Mamma ;-)
  • Options
    i've not seen any terminator film. or any aliens film. or any predator film.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    BDL, have you seen 'Sir Henry at Rawlinson's End'?
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: BDL[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: Darren[/cite]Ronin surely doesn't deserve to be mentioned alongside The French Connection & The Godfather?![/quote]

Wouldn't know, not seen them ;-)

Will see if I can borrow Godfather Trilogy.

CTIC - You've got to see Lawrence of Arabia - It's absolutely stunning.[/quote]

Godfather 1&2 Brilliant, best films ever. Don't waste your time with 3.

On a Marlon brando theme, never saw last tango in paris
  • Options
    never seen ET or Star Wars
  • Options
    I will be tracking down Lawrence of Arabia as soon as.
    [cite]Posted By: Elthamaddick[/cite]never seen ET or Star Wars

Gobsmacked
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: BDL[/cite]I never saw Ferris Buellers day off.[/quote]

Please go and rent this asap. One of the best 80's comedies made.

Bueller.... Bueller.... Bueller....
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Kap10[/cite]On a Marlon brando theme, never saw last tango in paris
    Way overrated, I wouldn't bother if I were you.
  • Options
    Never seen a Starwars film but sci fi is not really my thing
  • Options
    never seen.........Et, the godfather films,The full monty.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Charlton Till I Cry[/cite]I will be tracking down Lawrence of Arabia as soon as.
    [cite]Posted By: Elthamaddick[/cite]never seen ET or Star Wars

Gobsmacked

Yep me neither, not seen Star wars, or any godfather, ferris bueller, Alien films (that kind of bullshit dont do it for me, my lil bro used to watch one every day when he was little!)

Good thread idea BDL
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    movies

some take a while to load

http://www.novamov.com/search.php?q=star+wars+&c=5 (loads of star wars ) ps dont try first 4

http://www.novamov.com/video/wlcru5vghibc0# (ronin)

http://www.novamov.com/video/auar2ql79y6nu# (terminator)

all films can be downloaded of that site all new films can be streamed(like youtube)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    if youve not seen films like Casablanca (all time top five) or citizen kane you will be surprised when u do.

So many references to them in other films and the simpsons.
  • Options
    Suzisausage - Please rent Usual Suspects. One of the best films ever made, the storyline and twists will blow you away!

Ive never seen the Great Escape.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: suzisausage[/cite]Casablanca - 2nd best film ever to gone with the wind.

Never seen godfather (any of em) or usual suspects. Or the whole of trainspotting in one sitting from beginning to end.

You can borrow my DVD of the Usual Suspects if you want?

Never seen Blazing Saddles
  • Options
    Saw Midnight Express recently for the 1st time.........

Never seen any of Star Wars,Deer Hunter,Usual Suspects,Titanic,Casablanca or GWTW.
  • Options
    Can't believe the number of people who haven't seen the Godfather-

Echo what many say- 1 & 2 are great- 3 ( the only one i saw when it was released) is poor IMHO.

I suspect that if you haven't seen Godfather many will have missed out on Once upon a time in america.

Do yourselves a favour and see it- Sheer quality!

Back on thread though- there are way to many good old films i haven't seen- 2 a month from now on.....
  • Options
    I joined love film just to get round to watching classics i've missed. Really recommend doing this as you'd be surprised how bad some old classics are!
  • Options
    There must be loads of films I've never seen but there are many more that having started to watch and then started to wonder if I had anything better to do. There are some films I have never managed to watch all the way through, The Matrix is one that springs to mind. Everyone raves about the Matrix but every time I try to watch it I get very bored very quickly. 2001- a space odyssey, the great escape, Casablanca.. tried to watch them all.. dull films.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]never seen Psycho.

Take a trip down The New Den I hear they re enact it every home game.
  • Options
    Never seen harry potter or lord of the rings films - and have no intention of doing so either!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: McLovin[/cite]I joined love film just to get round to watching classics i've missed. Really recommend doing this as you'd be surprised how bad some old classics are!

lol your telling us to see it but say how bad the classics are, confused.com : )