Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Zander Diamond

Comments

• Options
    Can see the headlines...
    "Diamond lights up the Valley"
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: GlasgowAddick[/cite]Apologies for the language. He's just one of those players the opposition hate and of course he likes to rub it in to us if Aberdeen beat Rangers as he's a Celtic fan. Its a touch personal but I just can't stand him.

Well putting your personal thoughts aside, i think we could do with someone like that. We need a tough character who can get stuck in as we've been far too easy to roll over the past few years
  • Options
    Or
    "Sparkling perfromances for Chalrton"
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ColinTat[/cite]How comes he's such a cnut Glasgow?
    Suspect his middle name has something to do with it.
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    [cite]Posted By: GlasgowAddick[/cite]Apologies for the language. He's just one of those players the opposition hate and of course he likes to rub it in to us if Aberdeen beat Rangers as he's a Celtic fan. Its a touch personal but I just can't stand him.
    Jeez. so he's a c**t because he supports Celtic? If that is really the basis of your hatred then you are being childish.

Generally I've always thought that if opponents and their fans dislike a player it's usually because he's considered a threat and perhaps to be too good at his job for their liking, therefore exactly the sort of player we should be signing. Or do we only sign players that conform with your sectarian loyalties and sundry other biases? Personally I want to see us sign good quality players who if we get promoted will be capable of playing at CCC level. This player is capable of acquitting himself in the Championship.

Still should it happen an ex-old firm centre-back pairing will be amusing to watch...
  • Options
    There's nothing sectarian about my hatred for him. I'm sure you would hate a player if everytime his team scored against Charlton he came running over to you to celebrate infront of you by himself. The Celtic fan bit is just because thats why I think he does it. There are plenty of players i know are Celtic fans who I do not hate or even dislike. The fact is I don't like him for being him not for who he supports.
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    [cite]Posted By: GlasgowAddick[/cite]There's nothing sectarian about my hatred for him. I'm sure you would hate a player if everytime his team scored against Charlton he came running over to you to celebrate infront of you by himself. The Celtic fan bit is just because thats why I think he does it. There are plenty of players i know are Celtic fans who I do not hate or even dislike. The fact is I don't like him for being him not for who he supports.
    Fair comment. I don't like any Palace or Millwall players so I don't see why you should like players with a Celtic connection. Nothing sectarian about that in my eyes.
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    [cite]Posted By: GlasgowAddick[/cite]There's nothing sectarian about my hatred for him. I'm sure you would hate a player if everytime his team scored against Charlton he came running over to you to celebrate infront of you by himself. The Celtic fan bit is just because thats why I think he does it. There are plenty of players i know are Celtic fans who I do not hate or even dislike. The fact is I don't like him for being him not for who he supports.
    If I understand your complaint it is he commits the heinous crime of celebrating goals for Aberdeen including those that the Dons score against Rangers? I didn't realise celebrating a goal that your team have scored is now a crime...
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    [cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite]
    If I understand your complaint it is he commits the heinous crime of celebratings goals for Aberdeen including those that the Dons score against Rangers? I didn't realise celebrating a goal that your team have scored is now a crime...

Er it is in my eyes if you do it front of the supporters of the team who you have scored against. (I use the word crime lightly on the assumption you have too).
  • Options
    1. Learn to quote
    2. FFS
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]1. Learn to quote
    2. FFS

Language please!
  • Options
    Theres celebrating your team scoring and then theres deliberatly winding the opposition fans up. I have no problem with people who celebrate goals against us ... I'm sure you all remember Gary Neville celebrating a goal against Liverpool at Old Trafford in 2005 which he was hauled up for. Thats the kind of celebration that I hate against us, but of course I only hate it when he does it because its against my team. Of course he doesn't do it to the extent Neville did on that day but he makes sure we know he's delighted every single time and I suppose his comments on his personal website about wanting to break Rangers players legs doesn't help. Anyway I was just passing my judgement on him this site isnt about Rangers. He's a decent player but he can switch off from time to time and in my opinion there is better out there
  • Options
    Er it is in my eyes if you do it front of the supporters of the team who you have scored against. (I use the word crime lightly on the assumption you have too).

Yep but its nothing to get worked up about - Aberdeen are or should be no threat to Rangers and if say a Millwall/Palace player did it to us I wouldn't take it too seriously - I'd expect us to have the last laugh as we are the bigger team and all that. However if this is the sort of thing that gets Rangers fans worked up then maybe they are being a bit too precious, which wouldn't be a surprise.

Anyhow we only have it on hearsay that he commited this crime and it seems that our rangers supporting friend doesn't really know him well after all enough to suggest that he's a c**t after all...no surprise there either.
  • Options
    With our luck we'd end up with his brother, Cubic Zirconia.

Mind you Scottish football is the equivalent of shopping at Argos isn't it?
  • Options

Yep but its nothing to get worked up about - Aberdeen are or should be no threat to Rangers and if say a Millwall/Palace player did it to us I wouldn't take it too seriously - I'd expect us to have the last laugh as we are the bigger team and all that. However if this is the sort of thing that gets Rangers fans worked up then maybe they are being a bit too precious, which wouldn't be a surprise.

Anyhow we only have it on hearsay that he commited this crime and it seems that our rangers supporting friend doesn't really know him well after all enough to suggest that he's a c**t after all...no surprise there either.

So do you have to know Joey Barton or Craig Bellamy to assume that they're a c*nt?
  • Options
    Your right in terms of finishing position Aberdeen don't threaten us. However after Celtic, Aberdeen are our rivals. Anyway enoughs enough am not biting anymore thats my opinion of him and I'll be upset if Charlton sign him. And I completely agree with you on the both of them aswell stop shouting.
  • Options
    I think it would be quite nice to have an annoying git in our team again. Other Mills who else have we ever had over the last few years?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: cfgs[/cite]I think it would be quite nice to have an annoying git in our team again. Other Mills who else have we ever had over the last few years?

Plenty, it's just us they've anoyed and not the oppo.
  • Options
    Sounds like he's scores a few goals as well then - sign him up!
  • Options
    He sounds like he could be the jewel in our crown.

And he'll know the words to "it's a grand old team to play for" : - )
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Lucky we're a catholic club eh? ;)

DUCKS AND RUNS FOR COVER
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    [cite]Posted By: Charlton Dan[/cite]Lucky we're a catholic club eh? ;)

DUCKS AND RUNS FOR COVER
    What!!! Thats it I am no longer a Charlton fan! haha
  • Options
    :)

PS At the bottom of the comments window you should click the BBSCode box. Then you'll be able to quote properly
  • Options
    cheers was wondering how it looked like that
  • Options
    So do you have to know Joey Barton or Craig Bellamy to assume that they're a c*nt?

What does that have to do with Alexander Diamond, or are Joey barton and Craig Bellamy also Celtic fans?

Joey Barton has a criminal record and has been involved in enough trouble on and off the pitch for me to form an opinion that he's more than a bit of thug, were it not for his footballing ability I suspect he'd have an lengthier criminal record and have spent a fair amount of time inside. Instead he's an insanely wealthy yob who doesn't know how lucky he is to have a succession of managers queuing up to throw yet more money at him because he can offer a bit of midfield bite. Life is so unfair at times....

Craig Bellamy can be petulant, childish and can be a bit of a nutter, especially when golf clubs are around, but generally works hard for his teams and demands that his fellow players do the same. Occasionally that boils over into too much direct criticism when maybe for the sake of team unity he could be a bit more diplomatic. However in mitigation he did recently sink a large six figure sum into a football academy in Sierra Leone with the intention no doubt of making a bit of money in spotting talented young footballers and exporting them to European clubs, but also to help street children, orphans and others in a country ravaged by civil war, indeed he even visited Sierra Leone. Anyone that does that is not a "c*nt" in my book. Evidently your erudition allows you to hold different standards and a different definition, whatever.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/africa/7385488.stm

Anyway because you might think that player X or Y is a "c*nt" does not mean that Alexander Diamond automatically also deserves to be described the same just because he apparently maybe possibly who really knows or cares once celebrated a goal in front of a few oxygen thieving hun fans, and it seems that despite this thread going off topic some people here seem to dislike him purely because he's a Celtic fan and shock horror takes enjoyment when Aberdeen score goals against Rangers. Incidentally in his last match against Celtic he scored two late goals to win the match 4-2 for Aberdeen. Surely anyone that scores goals and is determined to put in a shift against a team that they support is worth signing?
  • Options
    These are the views of an Aberdeen fan's forum:

http://boards.footymad.net/forum.php?tno=4&fid=27&sty=2&act=1&mid=2125037614
  • Options
    oxygen thieving HUN fans? So now your the sectarian one :)
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    [cite]Posted By: GlasgowAddick[/cite]oxygen thieving HUN fans? So now your the sectarian one :)
    Nope, I'm an atheist...

Thank you for reading my post though.
  • Options
    you should'nt use sectarian terms if you don't wish to be branded a sectarian. Back to the subject and Russel Anderson was 2 times the player Diamond was before he moved down south from Aberdeen and look how that ended up.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: GlasgowAddick[/cite]you should'nt use sectarian terms if you don't wish to be branded a sectarian. Back to the subject and Russel Anderson was 2 times the player Diamond was before he moved down south from Aberdeen and look how that ended up.[/quote]

Errm and who was it who branded this a guy a "c**t"? Except you neglected to asterix out the middle two letters.

A hint...if you are going to try and take the moral high ground in a debate it's always a good idea to ensure that you are standing on something firm and don't contradict yourself.

Some players make the transition from Scottish football to English football, some don't. That's football for you, for every failure you can point to a Strachan, a Dalglish or even the likes of Colin Walsh, Mark Read or Stuart Balmer who prospered.