Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Zander Diamond

13»

Comments

• Options
    Could do with another player full of passion, let alone can do a decent job.

Parky, just go shopping for winners.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]Could do with another player full of passion, let alone can do a decent job.

Parky, just go shopping for winners.[/quote]

I'm all for signing players with a bit of character and determination. No one would ever claim that Steve Brown or Stuart Balmer were fantastically talented players, but they rarely took a step backwards and consequently you forgave them their mistakes. Reading the Aberdeen Fan's forum comments makes me suggest that this a rumour with little substance, but nevertheless one I'd like to see come off.
  • Options
    I don't see were I contradict myself? I was actually poiting out that you had a go at me for being sectarian when I wasn't and then used a sectarian term yourself. So the moral high ground as you call it wasn't even in my thinking
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: GlasgowAddick[/cite]you should'nt use sectarian terms if you don't wish to be branded a sectarian. Back to the subject and Russel Anderson was 2 times the player Diamond was before he moved down south from Aberdeen and look how that ended up.
    Bad first move and an injury tbf. Not necesssarily any relation in how it would work out for Diamond, but I'd agree that Anderson is twice the player.

This piece of spactardedness off the thread that BFR amused me:
    [cite]A Sheep Botherer Said:[/cite]
    Surly the daft chunt would see sence and ken he'll get a bigger move than free falling charlton!! Plus id be lookin at player ex + cash for diamond and they dinna hae nabdy woth cumin ti us![/cite]
  • Options
    They do have a rather weird accent up north as you can see from the spelling!
  • Options
    "glug......................"
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    [cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite]
    A hint...if you are going to try and take the moral high ground in a debate it's always a good idea to ensure that you are standing on something firm and don't contradict yourself.
    Not sure how you think he did.

Rangers are pretty much my least favourite team on planet earth, but objectively, I can't see anything GA has said that is sectarian. I think Mark Lawrenson is an idiotic, nasty, *u*kin* *un*, but that doesn't mean I'm homophobic.
  • Options
    Surly the daft chunt would see sence and ken he'll get a bigger move than free falling charlton!! Plus id be lookin at player ex + cash for diamond and they dinna hae nabdy woth cumin ti us!

This from the Dons site made me laugh my arse off.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: millaphile[/cite]Surly the daft chunt would see sence and ken he'll get a bigger move than free falling charlton!! Plus id be lookin at player ex + cash for diamond and they dinna hae nabdy woth cumin ti us!

Even Fleetwood would bang them in in the SPL - heck, lets give them Youga as well, just for a laugh.

It's a shame that an interesting thread about a player moving from Aberdeen to Charlton gets sunk because of another Rangers/Celtic argument which includes stupid sectarian words such as "hun". WTF has that got to do with Charlton ? WTF does that have to do with football ?
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: McLovin[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite]
    A hint...if you are going to try and take the moral high ground in a debate it's always a good idea to ensure that you are standing on something firm and don't contradict yourself.
    .[/quote]
    Not sure how you think he did.

quote]

Fir enough, I guess it's ok to call a player a "c*nt" then.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Agreed SE9. Was it sunk because of quoting a vaguely offensive nickname, or because it contained some interesting/informed football debate.
  • Options
    I agree SE9 but the only person who has made secretarian comments on this thread is BFR. The c word is not sectarian in my book.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: stop shouting[/cite]I agree SE9 but the only person who has made secretarian comments on this thread is BFR. The c word is not sectarian in my book.

Yes I know, but people should try not to rise to this. Neither word is necessary. To be honest I don't understand how some one can get away with useing that sort of language (h**n)and not be banned, I'm sure they would for using racist language and sectarian comments are just as offensive.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: McLovin[/cite]Agreed SE9. Was it sunk because of quoting a vaguely offensive nickname, or because it contained some interesting/informed football debate.
    It was sunk because the intersting/informed football debate got overshadowed by pathetic nonsense that we have time and time on here that we don't want.

1.) There was no need to even bring it up
    2.) There is no need to rise to it
    3.) Using phrases that are known to offend and get a reaction is childish.
    4.) I can ;-)
  • Options
    I guess the 4th one is all the reason you need WSS!

I think this sectarian thing is a massive smokescreen, and English people fall for it. Certainly back in the mid 80s when I lived in Glasgow the-terms-which-we-now-may-not-use were used regularly in amongst groups of mixed friends (it'll surprise some, but only the most hopelessly retarded only hang around with their "own") as banter. Sure they were often accompanied by a hail of swearing and threats of violence, in and around football. Slowly over time though both sides seem to take some delicious pleasure from pretending to be offended by the other bunch, while slyly doing the same thing themselves. "That f*ni*n called me a h*n".

When the Rangers bloke got done for singing The Sash, a few Celtic supporting mates found it all hilarious, but I can't recall any of them saying they were upset by it, basically because they weren't. Frankly I find it pathetic and hanker after the good old days when, post-match, everybody just wellied the shite out of each other, but it was forgotten in time for work on Monday. Now it's the verbal equivalent of feigning injury.
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Thank god someone talks sense! well said McLovin the whole issue is blown so much out of proportion its unreal. No-one who actually goes to football in Glasgow is offended by any slogans it was part and parcel of growing up here. With UEFA now involved it seems theres no end in the near future to the banning of songs or slogans. People who don't understand it seem to jump on the bandwagon and think that anything an Old Firm fan says is sectarian or bigoted.