Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Where should I move to?

2»

Comments

• Options
    I was thinking somewhere near to Ashford might be nice. Heart of the Garden of England, yet within high-speed rail connection to London.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]Friends have a beautiful place in Shenfield. Its very nice. Still the bars there are a bit clicky.

SouthendAddick - Thames Ditton is lovely. We hire a boat from there every year, boat yard next to Ye Olde Swan - lovely pub but all along the thames going up as far as errr im cant remember how far we got to - houses lovely and lovely riverside pubs. and all 20 mins from waterloo.

Its Essex everthing is clicky ;-)
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: T.C.E[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: uncle[/cite]Its got to be Essex... Get to the proper side of the water.....( Waits for abuse)[/quote]

Was over there yesterday, Hornchurch. Getting measured up for our wedding suits. Had walk past a pub with a forecourt full hammers fans wearing their shirts and a couple of flags, got away with the first time on the way back to the car park the Charlton tattoo was spotted on my leg and we were rewarded with quick verse of a song about giving Micheal Jackson's monkey oral sex, was all in good humour though. Made sure we wiped our feet when we came back across the water. ;)[/quote]

Ah memories! I used that wedding shop for my big day as well. Was that the pub next to Sainsbury's? I remember watching us stuff Arsenal 4-2 at Highbury in there.
  • Options
    Only true Charlton fans were at highbury that day, FACT
  • Options
    Chizz, if you want to know more about the different parts of Ashford let me know as I lived their a couple of years before moving further out to Hythe, guess I will have to move to France next. As with most places there are good and bad bits but if you are after a quiet village place very close to Ashford then mersham, aldington and great chart are nice. All around Ashford there are big developments as well with 3 bed detached identikit houses from about 275k.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Steve Dowman[/cite]Chizz, if you want to know more about the different parts of Ashford let me know as I lived their a couple of years before moving further out to Hythe, guess I will have to move to France next. As with most places there are good and bad bits but if you are after a quiet village place very close to Ashford then mersham, aldington and great chart are nice. All around Ashford there are big developments as well with 3 bed detached identikit houses from about 275k.
    In that case, what about "High Halden"?
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Steve Dowman[/cite]Only true Charlton fans were at highbury that day, FACT[/quote]

LOL. Only true Charlton fans fly half way around the world every season to watch their team. FACT
  • Options
    Lovely place, know someone who lives there. But the problem with it is that it is on the main road from Ashford to Tenterden, another lovely place and the road can be very busy. Biddenden is nearby and a lovely place too but not on the main road. They would also be about 25 minutes drive to Ashford station.
  • Options
    I lived in Kent until I was 18 then moved to London for 12 years. And after my first son was born I wanted to move out of the big smoke in order for my family to have a better quality of life. I moved back to Kent over two years ago and have settled in Whitstable. My wife and I love it down here. It's great being by the sea in the summer (a bit cold and windy in the winter) and the largest woods in Kent, Blean, are only a few miles away, with Canterbury about 6 miles away. The train station is the one before Faversham and the train direct into Victoria.
  • Options
    Anywhere else near to Ashford? Village location; a bit off the beaten track; village green, nice pub, etc?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    CommentAuthorqueensland_addick CommentTime3 hours ago quote# 38
    [cite]Posted By: Steve Dowman[/cite]Only true Charlton fans were at highbury that day, FACT

LOL. Only true Charlton fans fly half way around the world every season to watch their team. FACT

Both wrong - true Charlton didnt put money into the coffers of the Gooners. They watched in on pay per view at home, thus giving Charlton an extra few quid through their share of the PPV revenue that season. Then bought the catchily titled 'Black Sabbath' dvd as well
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: MrOneLung[/cite]CommentAuthorqueensland_addick CommentTime3 hours ago quote# 38
    [cite]Posted By: Steve Dowman[/cite]Only true Charlton fans were at highbury that day, FACT

Both wrong - true Charlton didnt put money into the coffers of the Gooners. They watched in on pay per view at home, thus giving Charlton an extra few quid through their share of the PPV revenue that season. Then bought the catchily titled 'Black Sabbath' dvd as well
    ...then downloaded the clip of "that" goal by Jensen onto their mobile phone while on holiday in Hong Kong.
  • Options
    Mersham or aldington are both nice quiet villages with a pub, great chart is similarly attractive and all within a 10 minute drive of Ashford station. Wye might be another option, very picturesque or chilham or chartham both on the way to Canterbury and about 15 minutes from Ashford. Boughton aluph is a very picturesque place about 10 minutes from Ashford with an nice pub and cricket green immediately in front of the pub. But obviously the villages are a bit more expensive, though cheaper than London.