Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Norwich Away

Comments

• JTJT
    edited September 2009
    [cite]Posted By: WhenIwasLittleBoy[/cite]
    It would be intersting to find out how many people travel to away games from these areas,and from all of the pick up points of the Valley Express how many of those pick ups are used for away travel pick ups.

The Valley Express pick ups in Kent aren't used for away games, maybe some in the North of the County but certainly where i am they don't. I get the train.
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: Telnotinoz[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: allez les addicks[/cite]Do we no if they will be selling em at the ground? I quite fancy it but don't know if I'll be able to go until Saturday morning...[/quote]

According to the OS, yes they will be available on the day[/quote]

cheers mate, when I looked earlier it didn't say.
  • [cite]Posted By: JT[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: WhenIwasLittleBoy[/cite]
    It would be intersting to find out how many people travel to away games from these areas,and from all of the pick up points of the Valley Express how many of those pick ups are used for away travel pick ups.

The Valley Express pick ups in Kent aren't used for away games, maybe some in the North of the County but certainly where i am they don't. I get the train.

Depends on demand.

Also The South east and London in particular are the most expensive areas of the country to live in.
  • Although the Jills away game i think there is a few coaches doing the rounds.

Just to annoy them even more. :-)
  • i have to go to uni this sat though, otherwise obviously i would be there.....

do we ever run away coaches from canterbury any more..?
  • edited September 2009
    Whenever I picture Ooh Aah he's in a straight-jacket in a padded room, rocking back and forth, repeating: "Curbishley... Away Support... Curbishley... Away Support..."
  • chunes you're closer to the truth than i actually feel comfortable with ;-)
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: Friend Or Defoe[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: J BLOCK[/cite]In refrence to mike I start uni in sheffield on Saturday but charlton comes first![/quote]
    Does that mean you're starting uni next week? ;-)

You'll enjoy Sheffield, it's a great uni city.[/quote]

[quote][cite]Posted By: Mike[/cite]i have to go to uni this sat though, otherwise obviously i would be there.....

do we ever run away coaches from canterbury any more..?[/quote]

Yeah im supposed to be starting saturday I had to ring up the uni and ask them to allow me an extra day for "family reasons", looking forward to my last charlton game in a while, it's gotta be a win!
  • edited September 2009
    We are not currently running away coaches regularly from east of Medway/Maidstone because the demand isn't there.

A majority of our supporters live inside the M25, so it's not surprising that most people who want to travel away (by coach) do so as well.

You have to bear in mind that the overall population density is much higher in London than in Kent.

On the Norwich allocation, we were initially given 1,300 tickets. We are entitled to 2,000, but there was some debate between the clubs as to who was most likely to sell a potential additional 1,000. Ultimately, it was decided to split them.
  • can we get one running just for me Airman? :P
  • Sponsored links:

• southend will have a better away following than us, how does that compare?
  • We took 705 to Norwich last December and 415 for the FA Cup replay. On that basis 1,500-plus seems reasonable to me.

I don't understand the Southend point. They averaged 532 away last season. Leeds and Leicester were the only teams in League One to average more than 1,000. I'd be very confident we will be in four figures over the season.
  • What was our average last season?
  • [cite]Posted By: Morts-Genius[/cite]What was our average last season?

like our team it was bottom of the championship ;-(
  • 532 to 708 Sorry, we are massive!
    Interested to see this years comparison.
  • [cite]Posted By: Airman Brown[/cite]708

Hi Airman - where can I find such stats for each club during the current season?
    Is there a dedicated site or would I have to trawl through each of the clubs own websites for info on how many away fans were at each gamne?
  • As OoAhh he's got an excel spreadsheet.
  • Where is everyone drinking on Sat then? Never been to Norwich in good time for a few pints and will be up there by 10:30 so will have time for a good few! Somebody said the Compleat Angler by the station?
  • Usually the away supporters pub, 2 minutes from the station, on the way to the ground.
  • Sponsored links:

• So I know its a bit late and all that .................but can you get tickets on the day ?
  • [cite]Posted By: holyjo[/cite]So I know its a bit late and all that .................but can you get tickets on the day ?

There are just under 300 away tickets left which can now only be bought on the day at Norwich, according to OS and Airman Brown.
  • Admin, can we sink this thread, I am fed up with having to trawl through people arranging to go to away games when all we want is to compare our away following to Man Utd and have a good whinge about the old days of pre war when we had 50000 walk to Carlisle after their double shift down the blackheath bone mines.
  • [cite]Posted By: Steve Dowman[/cite]Admin, can we sink this thread, I am fed up with having to trawl through people arranging to go to away games when all we want is to compare our away following to Man Utd and have a good whinge about the old days of pre war when we had 50000 walk to Carlisle after their double shift down the blackheath bone mines.

Excellent post SD. Made me laugh
  • yep when i go onto an 'away travel' thread it should all be about the takeover
  • me and 3 others
  • May make this my sons first away game by train
  • [cite]Posted By: Plaaayer[/cite]Usually the away supporters pub, 2 minutes from the station, on the way to the ground.

That must be the Compleat Angler then, see you all in there. :D
  • Wallet, phone, train tickets and beer
    check check check check

Come on you reds!
  • Don't forget your match tickets!