Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

footballer and mum stabbed

2»

Comments

• Options
    West Ham United footballer Calum Davenport has been charged with assault following an incident in which he was stabbed in both legs in Bedfordshire.

The former Coventry and Spurs star was stabbed in the legs in an incident at his mother's home in Kempston in September this year.

The 26-year-old, who denies any wrong doing, spent six days in intensive care in Bedford Hospital after the incident.

He has been charged with assault causing actual bodily harm on a woman.

Mr Davenport, of Moor View Close, Greenfield, Flitton, Bedfordshire, is currently on bail to appear at Bedford Magistrates' Court on 10 November.

In a statement issued by his PR company, Mr Davenport said: "I am deeply shocked and disappointed at the decision that has been made to charge me with assault.

"I deny any wrong doing and will plead not guilty. For legal reasons I am unable to discuss the matter further at this time."

Worrell Whitehurst, 25, has appeared in court charged with attacking the central defender as well as his mother, 49-year-old Kim Stupple, in the driveway of her home in Springfield Avenue, in August.
  • Options
    Good to hear callums back training