Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The world has gone mad

SSN are reporting that Sol Campbell is joining the Sven revolution at Notts County. The world truely has gone mad!!!

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11768_5512687,00.html

Comments

• Money talks!
  • [cite]Posted By: eaststandmike[/cite]Money talks!

Where'd you hear that mike???
  • I was in the club shop yesterday and overheard an Arab say it to Peter Varney :-)
  • What could have been if zebel went through although by now we would be top 4 prem with henry getting his champions league 2011 tatt finished... ;-) good luck to them feel sorry for the actual manager at county mcpharland or somthing if correct, just hope they look after notts and its just not somthing they get bored with and bugger off leaving them in the crap.
  • [cite]Posted By: SoundAsa£[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: eaststandmike[/cite]Money talks!

Where'd you hear that mike???

“Forever in Blue Jeans” – Neil Diamond
  • ''Money doesn't talk, it swears, obscenity who really cares, propaganda, all is phoney...''

Bob Dylan, It's Alright Ma (I'm Only Bleeding)
  • Money talks
    People mumble

Stiff records ad circa 1978
  • I might be alone here but if this happens then for me, it makes Campbell far far worse than the likes of Robinho, Adebayor, Barry and lescott who are supposed to be at City only for the money. At least they have a chance to take the club into Europe and contest for trophies. Does Campbell really want to be an ambassador for Notts County? Does he f*ck!
    And it'll surely put noses out of joint at County as well. If you've got players there earning 2k a week and he strolls in picking up 40/50/60k a week, how is that good for morale?
  • Isn't there a salary cap in league two?
  • No jealousy here, I would hate what is happening at man city and a smaller scale notts county to happen to us
  • Sponsored links:

• Lets not jump on the bandwagon and assume heres there just for the money.

Yes they will have to pay him above what the average L2 player earns but I also heard they offered to put him through his coaching badges etc

Would it have been better for him to join Newcastle for £30 p/w and help them get back into the PL or be part of the growth of Notts County? I'd say, with all things being equal, the latter would be more appealing myself.
  • WHO HEAR WOULDN'T ACCEPT MORE PAY FOR AN EASIER JOB? PARTICULARLY IF THEY WERE NEAR RETIREMENT. OR AT LEAST UNDERSTAND WHY SOMEONE ELSE WOULD?
  • dont worry about sol campbell and wot players get paid u cant even buy a bloody goldfish anymore without getting the water tested in your tank the world has definately gone f---ing crazy pet shop staff silly w---ers.
  • [cite]Posted By: Charlton Dan[/cite]Yes they will have to pay him above what the average L2 player earns but I also heard they offered to put him through his coaching badges etc

They've also offered him a coaching role at their centre of excellence...
  • 'Money can't run and money can't walk,
    But when I write out a cheque I swear to God I hear money talk'
    The Kinks
  • Money, get away.
    Get a good job with good pay and youre okay.
    Money, its a gas.
    Grab that cash with both hands and make a stash.
    New car, caviar, four star daydream,
    Think I'll buy me a football team.
  • [cite]Posted By: Medders[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Charlton Dan[/cite]Yes they will have to pay him above what the average L2 player earns but I also heard they offered to put him through his coaching badges etc

They've also offered him a coaching role at their centre of excellence...
    Notts County......center of excellence.........?

Those two phrases aren't ones that I would normally put in the same sentence.
  • Centre of mediocrity doesn't quite have the same ring to it. ;)
  • Money don't get everything it's true
    What it don't get, I can't use
    Now give me money
    That's what I want
    That's what I want, yeah
    That's what I want

Barrett Strong + The Beatles
  • [cite]Posted By: Charlton Dan[/cite]Lets not jump on the bandwagon and assume heres there just for the money.

Yes they will have to pay him above what the average L2 player earns but I also heard they offered to put him through his coaching badges etc

Would it have been better for him to join Newcastle for £30 p/w and help them get back into the PL or be part of the growth of Notts County? I'd say, with all things being equal, the latter would be more appealing myself.
    30 quid a week ain't much.
  • Sponsored links:

• It's all about the money,
    It's all about the dum dum duh dee dum dum.
    I don't think its funny.
    To see us fade away.
    Its all about the money,
    its all about the dum dum duh dee dum dum.
    and I think we got it all wrong anyway.
  • [cite]Posted By: Leroy Ambrose[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Charlton Dan[/cite]Lets not jump on the bandwagon and assume heres there just for the money.

30 quid a week ain't much.
    :P
  • A five year deal, an absolute joke. He wasn't even sure he was going to move house to be closer to Nottingham. Ian McParland had the right arse in the press conference and i can't see him staying there for much longer.
  • Didn't realise it's a five year deal - that's ridiculous!

I'd bet my left nut that he ain't paying for them in 5 years.
  • [cite]Posted By: Swisdom[/cite]I'd bet my left nut that he ain't paying for them in 5 years.

He bizarrely said he thought he was good to play for another 3 years at least but hadn't fully thought about coaching yet. I reckon he'll play 2 years tops and then get paid off. As AFKA has said i'd hate this to be the type of takeover that we could get.
  • I would take another job for more money, especially if the work was easier and I wanted to slow down

However I don't have anyone cheering my name when I turn up, nor do I have anyone applauding me when I do things right

Nor clap me off when I leave the yard

So it can't be compared like that I'm afraid
  • He turned down Aston Villa ! Martin O'Neill mad references to still be in the market for players who have the desire to play at the top level but wasn't going to comment on Sol LOL
  • Money Talks

Money Talks

Dirty Cash I want you

dirty Cash i need you..

stevie V.
  • Guardian's Fiver take on it:

Sol Campbell turns 35 next month. He's just signed a five-year contract with League Two's nouveau ultra-riche Notts County. No wonder he was smiling like a cat who thought he'd got the cream only to find he'd also got some HobNobs to dunk at his unveiling at Meadow Lane this afternoon.

County had previously been signing in a fairly low-profile manner. They'd won the lottery but invested in upgrading their lot with a few tasteful bits and bobs, wallpapered the spare room maybe, gone for a few premium lagers down at the offie regardless of whether they're on six for a fiver or not. Now they've ripped up the shed and slapped in a Luxury Super-Bubble Executive Hot Tub, a 15-foot plasma TV that rises out of the lawn and installed the sort of sound system that shakes the windows of semis in the neighbouring villages.

A winner of two Premier League title, four FA Cups, a Milk Cup and 73 caps for England across three European Championships and three World Cups, Campbell may be, but his signing may not, in the short-term at least, make a vast amount of difference on the pitch. County already have three of the best centre-halves in the division in John Thompson, Graeme Lee and Mike Edwards, and boast a defensive unit that has kept three clean sheets in four games, conceded only twice so far this season and helped the club to the summit of League Two. But, like Andrex, Dolmio and Hovis (don't tell us they're more absorbant/tomatoeyer/more packed with yeasty goodness than your shop's own brand), it's as much about the name as the quality.

Today's unveiling was all very short and sweet. Why Notts County? "Because of the future. They've got great ambitions and I want to be a part of it." Sven? "He's a great man, he knows his football." Was he offered more money by County than the Premier League clubs? "Not really, no." What do you think of Nottingham? "It's charming." The entertainment came from the irritable, scowling and not-in-the-least-bit-on-edge County manager Ian McParland, who took one hack to task for having the temerity to suggest that the standard of player in the County squad might be somewhat less than Campbell was used to and interrupted his new signing to big-up the running of the club. "Does that answer your question?" he barked. "Good." If he's this irritable now let's hope things don't go thrupny bits up at Meadow Lane, for his sake.
  • I'd love to know what he's on a week. He must be on more than the rest of the squad put together.