Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The world has gone mad

2»

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]I'd love to know what he's on a week. He must be on more than the rest of the squad put together.

it says he's now th highest paid player playin outside the prem, unbelieveable
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Mortimerician[/cite]WHO HEAR WOULDN'T ACCEPT MORE PAY FOR AN EASIER JOB? PARTICULARLY IF THEY WERE NEAR RETIREMENT. OR AT LEAST UNDERSTAND WHY SOMEONE ELSE WOULD?
    I don't think anyone would say no but to dress it up as 'part of the Sven revolution' or any other non-financial reason is what pishes people off most.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Carter[/cite]I would take another job for more money, especially if the work was easier and I wanted to slow down

However I don't have anyone cheering my name when I turn up, nor do I have anyone applauding me when I do things right

Nor clap me off when I leave the yard

So it can't be compared like that I'm afraid
    It's a fair point, though I reckon most of us think that is a lot more important to players than it really is. It's easy for us to value glory above money when we're not actually having to make the choice... Just because someone sings your name while you're doing well (and probably calls you a c*nt if you make a mistake) doesn't mean that all rationality then goes out the window. So, it must be comparable at some level.

I think if you caught most players in an honest moment they'd admit that it's secondary at best. But fans are like little kids, you can't tell them that santa doesn't exist, even though we all know, hence the charade he has to put on pretending he's somehow furthering his career going there.
  • Options
    "I don't think anyone would say no but to dress it up as 'part of the Sven revolution' or any other non-financial reason is what pishes people off most."

100% right. None of us offered that sort of dough at that stage in our career are going to say 'no thanks' but to suggest he's doing it for footballing reasons is insulting to the average fan, County fans in particular and even the press, frankly. What's wrong with a bit of honesty fer gawds sake? I'd have more respect for todays players if they did a little less shirt kissing but were seen to be trying their hardest to earn the ridiculous amounts they get each and every week.
  • Options
    But Sols always been a Count y fan.

;-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: scruffle[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]I'd love to know what he's on a week. He must be on more than the rest of the squad put together.

it says he's now th highest paid player playin outside the prem, unbelieveable

I thought that was Christiansen?
  • Options
    But aren't half of Newcastle on 60k plus???? If he's on more than that then it's just daft!

Reckons himself to have 2 or 3 years left in him.....but still signs a 5 year deal!!

Fair play to him but at least have the decency to admit it's about money

so....who next for County? Gazza? Becks?
  • Options
    Sol Campbell walks out on Notts County after playing one game - a 2-1 loss - and asks for his contract to be terminated.

That all worked out very well, didn't it?
  • Options
    i think there is more to the notts county story than meets the eye, i have heard twice now that the blokes in charge may not be the rich types it was once thought, and that there are rumblings in football league that they need to look into them a bit more.

maybe sol knows more than most
  • Options
    Yes, league say that the real investors haven't been revealed and that they need to complete the paperwork to show that they are "fit and proper" persons.

Not that ever seemed to be a problem with Ken Bates mystery backers at Leeds or Chelsea.

And at QPR Briatore may be kicked off the board for having being banned from F1.

Takeovers, ain't they great.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited September 2009
    The QPR takeover is distinctly underwhelming, I know a few R's fan's (nice chaps too) and they say that all these guys have done is raise ticket prices and not much else! Having said that- if their brief was to take an average Championship side and turn them into and average Championship side that are expensive to watch- then the QPR takeover has been a roaring success! As for Notts County on the one hand it would be funny to see Sven and his hangers on fall flat on their arses on the other the long suffering fans have had to suffer more than enough.
  • Options
    News just released is that SC has left by "mutual consent".