Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Reserves spank Palace 6-2

TELTEL
edited August 2009 in General Charlton
On the OS now

Comments

• Options
    WSSWSS
    edited August 2009
    http://www.cafc.co.uk/newsview.ink?nid=34673

Tuna hat-trick, 2 from Dizzy and one from The Count.

This guy who came on has a great name as well: Tosan Popo
  • Options
    See that Yassin got a game? Is he being given a 2 chance or just trying to get him fit hoping someone will come in for him?
  • Options
    Addicks development coach Damian Matthew named two trialists in his starting XI, also giving match action to the likes of Darren Randolph, Yassin Moutaouakil and Alex Stavrinou.

He's mad, bad and dangerous to know!
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    [cite]Posted By: Plaaayer[/cite]See that Yassin got a game? Is he being given a 2 chance or just trying to get him fit hoping someone will come in for him?

This was the first thing that struck me as well. Could we be seeing progress in man-management at The Valley?
  • Options
    Yes, we spanked the Palarse! Who says we've got no strength in depth? More than them thats for sure!!!!
  • Options
    Just a shop window/fitness thing with Yassin, albeit I didnt think he had even trained with his teamates for a while....let alone played with them...
  • Options
    Tosan Popo - my new hero.
  • Options
    Wonder who the trialists were?
  • Options
    Nteresting to see moo2 got a game - still thunk he's worth keeping
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    "Palace, watched by first-team boss Neil Warnock, fielded a strong side which included the likes of Lee Hills, Nick Carle, Claude Davis, Sean Scannell and Ryan Smith."

That's a cracking result for the reserves given the players that turned out for Palace.

Hopefully Tuna and McLeod can transfer this to the first team once we bring them on in the second half having cruised to 6-0 half time leads in our forthcoming matches.
  • Options
    no Dickson or Fleetwood by the look of it. Thought they would have both needed a game.
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    [cite]Posted By: Stuart the Red[/cite]Could we be seeing progress in man-management at The Valley?

Why is this always the default position - why does this have to be Parky or Pardew's fault?

Perhaps we're seeing progress in player attitude and application and as a result the manager is happy to have him back around the training ground again.
  • Options
    This just shows that confidence is high throughout the club!
  • Options
    Tosan Popo

Boasting 'fox-in-the-box' poaching tendencies, striker Popo is an attacker who can play just off the front man or at the tip of a midfield diamond. From Hutton, near Brentwood, Popo has been with the Addicks since U15 level and his anticipation and movement is a feature of his game not to mention a knack of scoring most of his goals from inside the area
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Stuart the Red[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Plaaayer[/cite]See that Yassin got a game? Is he being given a 2 chance or just trying to get him fit hoping someone will come in for him?

This was the first thing that struck me as well. Could we be seeing progress in man-management at The Valley?

Don't think this tells us, to be honest. You're rather assuming that because he hasn't been directly in your line of sight that nothing has been happening between club and player, and I don't think that's true.

I'm a big fan of people that can make decisions and stick to them. It's surprising how many ball-less individuals you find out there, determined to stay on fences. I know what Yassin did and I would have probably handled it differently had I been a professional football manager and not just an internet-opinion-distributor, but the situation couldn't stay as/was. But - the point is - the Parky has gone with a course of action and stuck with it (which Curbs was a great/terrible one for). I think with what has happened this season (Richardson/Solly coming in and improvements in other players), that with hindsight taking the hard line, and isolating Yassin, has probably been for the best.
  • Options
    Wonder if there's a way of accommodating Tuna within our existing shape? Maybe on either of the wides? I'd be tempted to drop Bailey back to midfield (with either him or Racon taking Semedo's role) and trying him on the left?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]no Dickson or Fleetwood by the look of it. Thought they would have both needed a game.

True. Next time either comes on they're going to be miles of match fitness...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Mortimerician[/cite]Wonder if there's a way of accommodating Tuna within our existing shape? Maybe on either of the wides? I'd be tempted to drop Bailey back to midfield (with either him or Racon taking Semedo's role) and trying him on the left?
    I don't think we can drop Semedo. He is too important, I think we will only see how important he is when he is not there.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Mortimerician[/cite]Wonder if there's a way of accommodating Tuna within our existing shape? Maybe on either of the wides? I'd be tempted to drop Bailey back to midfield (with either him or Racon taking Semedo's role) and trying him on the left?

Drop Semedo ???????????
  • Options
    I really think that Tuna is going to make the grade. he may get mainly subs bench chances though this season.
  • Options
    haha class! :) Good to see Izzy getting some goals
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]
    I don't think we can drop Semedo. He is too important, I think we will only see how important he is when he is not there.
    I get that, but:

1. Bailey and Racon can both get a foot in and cover ground.
    2. Despite the goals, Bailey is not a left winger
    3. I figured that dropping Jonjo, Bailey or Racon wouldn't fly

If Parky can get away with the same starting 11 for the whole season that will be lovely, but if that doesn't happen we need to have a think about alternative shapes, no?
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: bingaddick[/cite]I really think that Tuna is going to make the grade. he may get mainly subs bench chances though this season.[/quote]

Cleary the management share your sentiments. Parky et al seem to praise him constantly.

If we can get some numbers in I'd get him out on loan for 6 months. Don't think he is ready for our level yet.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Mortimerician[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]
    I get that, but:

1. Bailey and Racon can both get a foot in and cover ground.
    2. Despite the goals, Bailey is not a left winger
    3. I figured that dropping Jonjo, Bailey or Racon wouldn't fly

If Parky can get away with the same starting 11 for the whole season that will be lovely, but if that doesn't happen we need to have a think about alternative shapes, no?
    I don't think we should change our first team at the moment. Our results are good enough. I know that a P'larse-spanking is good for the spirit, but a win against the stripey's stiffs should make no difference to first team plans.

When - and if - we have to change personnel in the first team, we should select the fittest player who plays in the position of the dropped/banned/injured first teamer. And not fiddle about with formations and tactics.
  • Options
    Well done the second fiddle, great result.
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    I don't think Tuna's ready or good enough yet, same as Wagstaff. Definitely not better than any of the starting 11 we have at the moment.

McLeod isn't seen as good enough but scored twice and could have scored a few more, I think that shows that Palace's team were hardly great standard. Still it sounds like it was a very good performance and we created a lot of chances. Wonder if any of that was down to the quality of the trialists?

What Chizz said, we're doing well, we shouldn't be changing the team or formation just for the sake of it. Tuna might be promising but he's not another Shelvey, neither are most other young players.
  • Options
    Tuna's day will come if he's good enough and his attitude stays right.
    Really good to see these youngster's stepping up and knocking on the door.

Like Scoham and Chizz said, we shouldn't mess with this first team while it's putting in decent performances and getting results.

The fringe players belong on the fringe until their chance presents itself - and then they can step in and gain match experience from the bench.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Stuart the Red[/cite]

I think maybe yassin has apologised for whatever he has apparently done wrong!