Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Reserves spank Palace 6-2

2»

Comments

• Options
    Good to see Tamer banging them in again, the lad has a great touch, and even more ability, but he is 17 and needs games and opportunity. As I have posted before I know the lad and his family well, since he was a dot.

Always difficult to predict youngsters, but given time, confidence, and some breaks the lad could be a real find. My own two lad's used to play at county level and I managed a few teams in local football, a couple of years ago and there were a few lads that showed promise, including Tamer's own brother who used to play along side one of my sons, (In fact they won the Kent cup for Gravesend, against the Gillingham academy side of Maidstone )few of those lads have come through so it is always a bit speculative with young players. But like Shelvey, you have a real talent that nowaday's Charlton have no chance of buying, so we need to keep the kids and encourage them.
  • Options
    Clearly Tamer is not ready yet for a starting berth but I just have a feeling he will find his way in over the season and be a big player for us in the next few.
  • Options
    I'm not suggesting an immediate change to the first team chaps, but you need to have options. Unless you believe that we'll not get a single injury or suspension and (I'd presume) that the replacement is going to be coming out of the reserves. That was the point I was trying to make.

If they do so without a hint of first-team football under their belts, they're going to struggle when it happens.
  • Options
    I hope some of the youngsters - especially Tuna, Wagstaff, Mambo, Stavrinou and Solly - get their chances. But we're a long way off seeing most of them forcing their way into the starting XI. A few more performances like this, and with, perhaps, some spells on loan, would be far better than being thrown in and failing.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chizz[/cite] But we're a long way off seeing most of them forcing their way into the starting XI.

we've had the same starting XI for four consecutive league games , when was the last time that happened???
  • Options
    Great result, certainly a promising start to the season all-round.
  • Options
    Tuna must've loved that - didn't he dedicate his Facebook page to his feelings about the orange twat? While we're not over-endowed with goalscorers it might be better to keep him around for little cameos, rather than pack him off on loan. Time will tell but management seem to rate him highly. "Feed the feeesh and he will score"!!
  • Options
    Was there a palace match report on their OS or a fans site.

Would be interesting to read what their team was (and ours)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Was there a palace match report on their OS or a fans site.

There's a report on the front page of our O/S.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Covered End[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Was there a palace match report on their OS or a fans site.

There's a report on the front page of our O/S.

It doesn't contain the full lineups, which is what Henry is after methinks.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Henry, Palace seem to have ignored the fact that the game took place and have made no mention of it on their OS or forums. I wonder why?