Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Kinsella tipped for Colchester job according to Newsnow

edited August 2009 in General Charlton
That would be a blow!

Comments

• Options
    How often has this rumour surfaced in the last few years .....?

They trundle out this bit of gossip each time Colchester need a new manager.
  • Options
    Well it seems him and Holland are in the frame - and both seem plausible in their respective current situations
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]How often has this rumour surfaced in the last few years .....?

They trundle out this bit of gossip each time Colchester need a new manager.
    Probably coz they had the arse that we wanted to talk to Parky about being curbs' replacement. Now perhaps they want to return the stirring.

Just a guess
  • Options
    Help the unemployed, let Matty have it. Kins already has a good job.;)
  • Options
    Oggy asked : ''How often has this rumour surfaced in the last few years .....? They trundle out this bit of gossip each time Colchester need a new manager.''

Yes, but there's a perfectly good reason for that, Oggy. Kins himself said a couple of years ago when Geraint Williams was about to be sacked that it was his ambition one day to manage the club he started his career with as a 17 year old. He's now 37 and if he's going to make a career as a manager , he needs to get started pretty soon.

So Kins for Colchester seems a very plausible call, I would have thought...
  • Options
    I don't think he WANTS to be a manager.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nigel w[/cite]Oggy asked : ''How often has this rumour surfaced in the last few years .....? They trundle out this bit of gossip each time Colchester need a new manager.''

Yes, but there's a perfectly good reason for that, Oggy. Kins himself said a couple of years ago when Geraint Williams was about to be sacked that it was his ambition one day to manage the club he started his career with as a 17 year old. He's now 37 and if he's going to make a career as a manager , he needs to get started pretty soon.

Add to that, that he's married to the chairman's daughter, the fact that he stayed at the club for a number of years when there was better offers on the table (though you could say the same of us) and that he was clearing his desk at the Valley a few months ago and suggest that it's implausible starts sounding like wishful thinking.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Mortimerician[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: nigel w[/cite]Oggy asked : ''How often has this rumour surfaced in the last few years .....? They trundle out this bit of gossip each time Colchester need a new manager.''

Add to that, that he's married to the chairman's daughter, the fact that he stayed at the club for a number of years when there was better offers on the table (though you could say the same of us) and that he was clearing his desk at the Valley a few months ago and suggest that it's implausible starts sounding like wishful thinking.
    His desk is extremely un-cleared now, though.
  • Options
    let's not kid ourselves eh. If offered the job he'd go. He's ambitious and it's not a bad place to cut your Managerial teeth. I'd rather they gave it to Holland though.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]let's not kid ourselves eh. If offered the job he'd go. He's ambitious and it's not a bad place to cut your Managerial teeth. I'd rather they gave it to Holland though.
    What makes you think he WANTS to be a Manager? I understand he's not interested in the role.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Chizz[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]let's not kid ourselves eh. If offered the job he'd go. He's ambitious and it's not a bad place to cut your Managerial teeth. I'd rather they gave it to Holland though.[/quote]
    What makes you think he WANTS to be a Manager? I understand he's not interested in the role.[/quote]

well we will see if he's offered it won't we.
  • Options
    perhaps we will take on Holland if Kins goes there, good luck to him I say.
  • Options
    If i was Kins id take it. We have got the guy Breaker in,so where does Kins fit in ? Parkys job aint 100%. No one know what will happen --or if the takeover will happen. He knows some of the players at CU. They are in the same division as us. He would be in charge. The money will be at least the same,if not better.

A legend as a player and one of my all time favorites, id like to see him go on and make a fist of it as a manager somewhere.
  • Options
    WSSWSS
    edited August 2009
    [cite]Posted By: Goonerhater[/cite]A legend as a player and one of my all time favorites, id like to see him go on and make a fist of it as a manager somewhere.
    Didnt he try at Walsall or was that justa player/coach?
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: Goonerhater[/cite]A legend as a player and one of my all time favorites, id like to see him go on and make a fist of it as a manager somewhere.[/quote]
    Didnt he try at Walsall or was that justa player/coach?[/quote]

was Manager temporarily after someone or other was sacked, about six games I think.
  • Options
    think he was caretaker manager but he won a game or 2 so he had to go.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chizz[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Mortimerician[/cite]

His desk is extremely un-cleared now, though.
    It's still pertinent though.

Surely the fact that he was effectively laid off for a couple of months would affect any loyalty that he might have. Why would you be loyal to an employer that hasn't been particularly loyal to you?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Goonerhater[/cite]A legend as a player and one of my all time favorites, id like to see him go on and make a fist of it as a manager somewhere.
    Didnt he try at Walsall or was that justa player/coach?

was Manager temporarily after someone or other was sacked, about six games I think.
    That some one or other was Paul Merson if my memory is correct/
  • Options
    Would be a big blow lets hope its Bollocks
  • Options
    What is his situation here? I thought Kinsella's contact ended at the end of last season - or does it terminate at the end of this season?

If offered the job given the uncertainty over the takeover and his situation I might be inclined to take it. Besides he'll get an opportunity to work with SuperKev again...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite]What is his situation here? I thought Kinsella's contact ended at the end of last season - or does it terminate at the end of this season?

If offered the job given the uncertainty over the takeover and his situation I might be inclined to take it. Besides he'll get an opportunity to work with SuperKev again...[/quote]

signed a new one at same time as Breacker appointed.
  • Options
    I hope he stays with us but who could blame Colchester for wanting such an exemplary bloke as manager?

He'd go with my blessing as with Breaker coming in he is effectively back to number 3. I hope he stays though as I said.

One thing i do know is that Joe Dunne, the present caretaker manager, is very highly thought of at Colchester so it is not entirely beyond the realms of possibility that he could get it if he wants it. He may not want it of course as he likes working with the yoof.
  • Options
    Holland has ruled himself out of the running.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]He'd go with my blessing as with Breaker coming in he is effectively back to number 3. I hope he stays though as I said.

Maybe Breaker is the real difference, since Charlton won nothing and appeared tactically inept under the Parky/Kins partnership?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: American_Addick[/cite]Maybe Breaker is the real difference, since Charlton won nothing and appeared tactically inept under the Parky/Kins partnership?

Probably helping, but we weren't tactically inept towards the end of last season. We were drawing games, but to be fair they were against better teams. We couldn't score and were letting in a few too many, and not holding onto leads. Now we've had a summer to get confidence back, get fitter, we've brought in some good defenders for this level, and have a more balanced midfield with Semedo taking Zheng's place.
  • Options
    While Kinsella is a Charlton legend as a player, I think the jury is still very much out on him as a coach. And last season surely hurt his stock as a potential Charlton manager, so if he gets an opportunity elsewhere, he should grab it.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: American_Addick[/cite]While Kinsella is a Charlton legend as a player, I think the jury is still very much out on him as a coach. And last season surely hurt his stock as a potential Charlton manager, so if he gets an opportunity elsewhere, he should grab it.

Tainted with working with Parkinson, d'you reckon, AA ........ ?

;o)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]
    [cite aria-level=0 aria-posinset=0 aria-setsize=0]Posted By: American_Addick[/cite]While Kinsella is a Charlton legend as a player, I think the jury is still very much out on him as a coach. And last season surely hurt his stock as a potential Charlton manager, so if he gets an opportunity elsewhere, he should grab it.

Tainted with working with Parkinson, d'you reckon, AA ........ ?

;o)

Pardont, Parky ... his early track record hasn't been the best. How much of it is down to him? How much of it is by association?
    Reasons to strike out on his own, if given the chance.
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    [cite]Posted By: American_Addick[/cite]

Maybe Breaker is the real difference, since Charlton won nothing and appeared tactically inept under the Parky/Kins partnership?

That is so so funny
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: American_Addick[/cite]
    [cite]

Maybe Breaker is the real difference, since Charlton won nothing and appeared tactically inept under the Parky/Kins partnership?[/cite]
    [cite]

That is so so funny[/cite]

Oi....where'd you come from...........................who rattled your cage?