Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Stead or Kandol

2»

Comments

• Options
    Didn't Stead reject us to join Sunderland, hence we then got Darren Bent B-)
  • Options
    ]Posted By: bigstemarra
    So therefore he can't hold a candle to Kandol
    Few can!
  • Options
    Kandol all day for me. Think he could be useful for us especially at this level.
  • Options
    Kandol for me but not that keane on either.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: The Red Robin[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Exiled_Addick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: The Red Robin[/cite]Bailey is anonymous out there

WTF???!!!???

I really do wonder what game people are watching sometimes.

What I mean is he is better in the middle as doesn't get involved as much as he could out on the left and he drifts into the middle too much. I did not say he should be dropped as he is probably our best midfielder.
    Let me get this right. He's doing a fantastic job on the left, scoring a goal every other game and we're winning every match. So, we should play him somewhere else?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chizz[/cite]Let me get this right. He's doing a fantastic job on the left, scoring a goal every other game and we're winning every match. So, we should play him somewhere else?

I'm happy with him as well, even more so when you look at the inconsistent rubbish we've had on the left the last few years. Does anyone really want a League One version of Bouazza, Ambrose, Thomas etc out on the left? Bailey offers a lot of things an out and out winger can't, even if he's not as quick or skillful (or left footed).
  • Options
    Stead has been a player cursed with "potential" that never produces.
    Kandol, while not a finished article, is the more likely of the two to score goals.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: American_Addick[/cite]Kandol, while not a finished article

He's 28 soon (looked it up, in a few days time), so pretty much at his peak now. I'm not so sure he'd definitely score more goals, Stead has mainly played in the top two leagues, may well score regularly at League One level.
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]It would take about four kandols to make up one stead

Four Kandols? Wasn't that a Two Ronnies sketch?

"Pumps"
  • Options
    Steads' wages will be well out of our league, he didn't want to come when we were a Premiership London side, why would he want to come now we are a Division 3 London side?. The only way I can see this happening is on loan with Ipswich footing a large percentage of his wages.

Leeds will want a fee for Kandol and I also think they might have some reservations about selling him to one of their "rivals".
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I am no fan of Stead's. He is a massive disappointment and career underachiever.
    Kandol is what he is, which may be good enough to score goals at this level.
  • Options
    Look at Kandol's career and he's a massive underacheiver at every club he's been at. Starts well then tails off alarmingly, a loan player and that's it. Whatever way you look at it the only factor is affordability. Personally I'd rather someone who's on the up, but Kandol on loan is acceptable nothing more.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: American_Addick[/cite]I am no fan of Stead's. He is a massive disappointment and career underachiever.

I think Stead is simply a confidence player.

The more goals he scores, then the more goals he scores.
    When he can't score, then he just can't score.

Think Luke Varney.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: American_Addick[/cite]I am no fan of Stead's. He is a massive disappointment and career underachiever.

I think Stead is simply a confidence player.

The more goals he scores, then the more goals he scores.
    When he can't score, then he just can't score.

Think Luke Varney.

Very true, but at this level as others have already pointed out you are not going to get "finished article" players, you are going to get the fringe dwellers a la Luke Varney who can be great/shite in the same breath.

Saw Luke Varney playing on loan for Sheffield Wednesday at the weekend, looks like Nigel Clough has bombed him out of Derby already.....
  • Options
    Bring back Varney if anyone i'd want a hard worker in the side.

Ok so i just like Luke Varney, he never could believe he was at CAFC and knew he should've been in a good league 1 team... So we're perfect now!