Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Transfers

13»

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: cafcdan18[/cite] Cook, Halford, Bouazza.......etc

All Pardew signings.
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Eddie Youds a loanee??
  • Options
    nor Graham Stuart and both joined over ten years ago so hardly recent!
  • Options
    Mills and Youds were not loanees, but both did play for the League Two side in a match vs the Italian league Two teams which was held at the Valley and Curbs managed this team. Curb's was interested in signing both players for Charlton so he asked their clubs if they'd loan them for the night so he could see them in action and both passed the "trial".
  • Options
    But Danny Mills did come back and play 19 games on loan in 2007.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: pilchard[/cite]Eddie Youds a loanee??

Mills, Youds and Stuart all started as loanees
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: The Red Robin[/cite]

No, they were not! Youds joined for 800,000 from Bradford, Stuart for about 1 million from Sheffield United and Mills for around 400,000 from Norwich.

None of them joined as loanees although Mills did come back on loan in 07/08.
  • Options
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eddie_Youds

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Graham_Stuart_(footballer)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Danny_Mills
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ormiston Addick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: The Red Robin[/cite]

No, they were not! Youds joined for 800,000 from Bradford, Stuart for about 1 million from Sheffield United and Mills for around 400,000 from Norwich.

None of them joined as loanees although Mills did come back on loan in 07/08.

Exactly!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    ANDROS Townsend has hinted that Orient fans may get a late gift and see him return to Brisbane Road on loan.

The 18-year-old winger came for a month-long spell in August, and then stayed.

But now it is time for him to head home to Tottenham Hotspur.

The youngster said: “I go back to Spurs for a few weeks and we review where I want to go next."

A decision is expected to be made by the middle of January.

“I’m playing regularly and playing well" he said. "I feel I've improved a lot. It could be here.”

But resolutions made at this time of year are so often hard to keep.

Townsend’s performances have caught the eyes of other clubs.

Promotion-chasing Charlton Athletic are one outfit rumoured to be interested.

O’s boss Geraint Williams has said he is 'working on that', with regard to bringing Townsend back to the Matchroom Stadium.

The teen has the pace and skill which wreaks havoc among defences in League One.

He scored a wonder goal in August when he slalomed his way through the Yeovil Town team from all the way inside Orient’s half, and hammered home his strike.

So Townsend, who is the son of ex-Leyton FC boss Troy, must decide if he should swap a starting place at Orient for an uncertain future at another club.

He is busy amassing experience in the lower leagues to mould him into a better player, so he can break into the first team at White Hart Lane.

And his spell at Brisbane Road since August has certainly been a character-building time.

Orient have struggled for wins and end the year in the drop-zone.

But Townsend has got the chance to become one of their most potent threats. That has made him the target for several no-nonsense tackles.

Last month, MK Dons delivered a lesson in what defenders think about being turned inside out by his step-overs and flicks.

Paul Ince’s MK Dons side targeted him ruthlessly.

“I don’t mind that,” said Townsend. “It means I’m doing something right if they are hacking me down."

Speaking after Monday’s 2-1 home defeat against Southend, he spoke his mind.

“Over the past few weeks, we've been taking leads at home and then not really coming out to play in the second half, and then losing it.

“I thought I played well in the first half but then in the second half I didn't really see the ball, and that’s usually how it is when I play at Brisbane Road.

“I just go out and play my own game. We always go out there to win the game. The players we have, like Sean Thornton, Jimmy Smith and Ryan Jarvis have all been at big clubs.”

“We have good players, we need to start gelling as a team. Hopefully the gaffer will sort it out in training.”