Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Burn a Cruddy Campaign

Comments

• Options
    Oh that's just a load of bull.....hehe....sorry :-|
  • Options
    The activists have done well already by provoking a bit of a debate about the climate on here.
  • Options
    They have indeed, as we all hope it pisses down for the next few days and they end up going home and thinking about growing up and getting themselves off the dole with a job. Although I would not be surprised if some of em are working there, employed by left wing local authorities and the universities to explore climate Change.
  • Options
    Apparently this morning they jeered some police officers. Frightening stuff!

All the OB would have to do arm themselves with bars of soap and watch the Crud's sh*t 'emselves.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: bigstemarra[/cite]I'm sorry, but a knowledge of science makes it easier to understand scientific arguments (and more to the point, to be able to spot bad ones and to know why they are bad) - I made an assumption, and please correct me if I'm wrong, that you are not a scientist.

What utter condescending bollocks!

Your approach of "I'm a scientist QED I'm right an wrong" is awful. There are plenty of people here who are not scientists, or have an alphabet of academic qualifications after their name, who are quite capable to analysing and grasping "scientific" results.

Whilst not wishing to get into a "you're wrong, I'm right" argument with you, my own opinions on this subject will remain just that for fear of being labelled as something I'm not, you cannot just go around hammering people into your way of thinking.

As a fellow scientist I'm sure the likes of Darwin would be turning in his grave as your conduct utterly belies your claimed vocation and academic prowess. If you talk to everyone like this you could manage to undo years of slow and steady re-education of the masses, whose lives and habits have been born out of an eras of consumption of fossil fuels, endless supply of natural resources and the ability to treat this planet like our very own one stop shop.

I've no doubt your heart is in the right place, but Id suggest reeling in the attitude less you end up with an audience who decides not to listen to your valid story for fear of having it bludgeoned into them.
  • Options
    Yes KBLS all i wanted was some help with geting all my petrol cans over to Blackheath/Greenwich and we get Stephen Hawkins best mates gobing off on here !

Wonder if Bob Crow will turn up ? probably aint got a tent big enough for his gut.
  • Options
    Bournemouth
    I am impresssed you know how informed some people from ther camp who came into MY house and talked to ME were.
    Having taught the subject for 10 years, all I can say is that they appeared well informed to me.

If their actions pull a few more people`s heads out of the sand it will all have been worth it.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: A-R-T-H-U-R[/cite]Bournemouth
    I am impresssed you know how informed some people from ther camp who came into MY house and talked to ME were.
    Having taught the subject for 10 years, all I can say is that they appeared well informed to me.

If their actions pull a few more people`s heads out of the sand it will all have been worth it.
    Too right. Lets just hope they have a softer and more compassionate approach to this than some.....
  • Options
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/environment/video/2009/aug/26/climate-camp-london

1.38 breaking the stereotype.

Also notice at the start the massive Salford Van hire van they have hired. Obviously not too concerned about the harmful effects of diesel engines when it suits their purposes.
  • Options
    Arthur you let em in ur house ????????????????????????????????

for 4 years we had climate protesters outside our building every monday night. Not kids or the great anti soap brigade. Always had a chat to em on the way home--nice enough. Only once did i point out that their props ( a big glob--- and a green house) where plastic and therefore a by product of the oil industry who they where protesting against.

It is the right in the UK (just) to protest. These people want to take our tiny island back to the stone age, it wont make a gnats bollox differance what we do here. Some have a differant agenda (see above about Stockwall tube). I recycle as much as i can---had water saving shower and toilet put in a year back and grow a good bit of veg--------- i will use my car when i want, how iwant, i will take long hall flights (taxed at £150), eat meat, and fart where and when i want to. No tax dodging , cruddy, will lecture me as to how i live. Step into my house face cremation !
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: RodneyCharltonTrotta[/cite]Also notice at the start the massive Salford Van hire van they have hired. Obviously not too concerned about the harmful effects of diesel engines when it suits their purposes.

exactly rodney, if that doesn't bring down their weak arguments,then i don't know what will.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Goonerhater[/cite]Arthur you let em in ur house ????????????????????????????????

for 4 years we had climate protesters outside our building every monday night. Not kids or the great anti soap brigade. Always had a chat to em on the way home--nice enough. Only once did i point out that their props ( a big glob--- and a green house) where plastic and therefore a by product of the oil industry who they where protesting against.

It is the right in the UK (just) to protest. These people want to take our tiny island back to the stone age, it wont make a gnats bollox differance what we do here. Some have a differant agenda (see above about Stockwall tube). I recycle as much as i can---had water saving shower and toilet put in a year back and grow a good bit of veg
    i will use my car when i want, how iwant, i will take long hall flights (taxed at £150), eat meat, and fart where and when i want to. No tax dodging , cruddy, will lecture me as to how i live. Step into my house face cremation !

Burial is more eco- friendly.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Charlton Dan[/cite]
    Your approach of "I'm a scientist QED I'm right an wrong" is awful. There are plenty of people here who are not scientists, or have an alphabet of academic qualifications after their name, who are quite capable to analysing and grasping "scientific" results.

And there are also others that haven't a clue what they are talking about, but that doesn't stop them being authorative !

If its not your bag, can't see why anyone would get worked up about it. If people feel they can influence change for the better, good luck to them. Not really a subject i'm bothered about, and i suspect that goes for most people.
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    AFKA have to admit im not actually going to burn 3,000 cruddies (tempted tho) the thought of doing 150 years in Belmarsh for their mass murder aint really something to be thrilled about. The fact that they plotted up in my manor (yes very danny dyer) is an afront. Dont they know where Greenem Common is ? or Exmoor ? or Salsbury plan? Brecon Beacons? crossness sewage works --------------- plot up there where they cant be seen and herd.

FFS why sink this ? its only a bit of fun !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    If we are to keep to GH's initial point, then surely we should be debating on whether, turps, parafin, white spirt etc, can be used in a safe and controlled manner when dealing with unwanted visitors, rather than all this, 'I've got elbow pads so I'm more of a scientist than you', cobblers!

For example are these chemicals user friendly, or Is there a safer alternative for any would be arsonist?

Do they have maximum 'douse' coverage or does excessive and unsafe can or bottle shaking take place?

Is there a need to herd the targets into large metal trays to ensure there is no spillage?

Can the peroxide and cheap nylon scarves be burnt in a controlled manner?

GH is a valued member of this forum and I for one insist we keep on subject to avoid him setting himself alight when practising his right to protest.
  • Options
    Ta KB just done a quick tour of their site and poped a few flyers over telling them where AFKB lives suggesting they plot up there rather than face mass exstiction in Greenwich.

PS was only going to use unleaded petrol and Esso Blue as my gift to the eco facists.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Goonerhater[/cite]Ta KB just done a quick tour of their site and poped a few flyers over telling them where AFKB lives suggesting they plot up there rather than face mass exstiction in Greenwich.

PS was only going to use unleaded petrol and Esso Blue as my gift to the eco facists.

Thanks to some prick on here, I already get enough crap through my letterbox thank you very much
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]

And there are also others that haven't a clue what they are talking about, but that doesn't stop them being authorative !

If its not your bag, can't see why anyone would get worked up about it. If people feel they can influence change for the better, good luck to them. Not really a subject i'm bothered about, and i suspect that goes for most people.
    Talking about yourself are we Smudge? ;)

There are ways and means of getting your point across, as Im sure you'd agree, however the Im a Scientist, therefore your opinion doesnt count approach doesnt do "the cause" any favours.

This happens to be a subject I am passionate about, and something I feel we should all feel passionately about, as it effects all of us and our kids, their kids etc. If people arent that bothered, or believe otherwise, then move on and speak to someone who is more likely to give you the time of day and become more active in trying to do their bit.
  • Options
    Christ as if anyone cares what scientists say.

Everyone knows Marketing and PR people control what people think. Like some big evil robot out of the matrix... mwaahhahahahahahahaha
  • Options
    A few hundred years ago we believed the earth was flat and the sun circled the earth then came the left wing middle class dole scum union men and change most peoples point of view.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Oi, why sink, I've been enjoying this thread !
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: charltonkeston[/cite]A few hundred years ago we believed the earth was flat and the sun circled the earth then came the left wing middle class dole scum union men and change most peoples point of view.
    I blame Leif Ericson ;)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: stonemuse[/cite]Oi, why sink, I've been enjoying this thread !
    Cos AFKA isnt interested in the subject :)
  • Options
    thanks to people like vasco de Gama , Columbus,Drake people learned the world wasnt flate. Dont think you could call any of them left wing, dread locked, dole scamming eco warriors !
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: stonemuse[/cite]Oi, why sink, I've been enjoying this thread !
    Cos AFKA isnt interested in the subject :)

I think it might be that climate change does not effect Charlton, although the Valley appears to be on more of a flood plain than Blackheath. I could be wrong and I dont mind being wrong.
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    http://eureferendum.blogspot.com/2009/08/certain-sameness.html

Any comments from scientists on the implications of this would be appreciated.

As I understand it many predictions have been based on dodgy computer modelling.

True or false?

And what would you say about this?

http://wattsupwiththat.com/2009/06/28/nasa-giss-adjustments-galore-rewriting-climate-history/
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Goonerhater[/cite]thanks to people like vasco de Gama , Columbus,Drake people learned the world wasnt flate. Dont think you could call any of them left wing, dread locked, dole scamming eco warriors !

No, certainly not left wing that lot. I can think of a lot of things they were though. In no particular order Pirate, religious nutter, exploiter of communities and nations............
  • Options
    so all good guys then.

yes maybe if they hadnt gone where they did the world would be where exactly ?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Goonerhater[/cite]so all good guys then.

yes maybe if they hadnt gone where they did the world would be where exactly ?

Some other bugger would have done the same as they did. So we still would be up to our arm pits with eco warriors
  • Options
    we all know that the earth is at the centre of the universe though. i don't think i'll be around though if an explorer is able to prove us wrong.