Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Shelvey 2 GO?

edited August 2009 in General Charlton
My brother went to the club shop today to buy a away top for his son , when he asked for shelvey to be put on the back of it they replied " I would not bother , he will not be here for much longer". First thing i said to him was " How the f$ck would the club shop know that". Hope its not true.

Comments

• Options
    Oh god
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    [cite]Posted By: RalphMilne[/cite]My brother went to the club shop today to buy a away top for his son , when he asked for shelvey to be put on the back of it they replied " I would not bother , he will not be here for much longer". First thing i said to him was " How the f$ck would the club shop know that". Hope its not true.
    ...and what was his answer?
  • Options
    We will know all in 5 days !
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: RalphMilne[/cite]My brother went to the club shop today to buy a away top for his son , when he asked for shelvey to be put on the back of it they replied " I would not bother , he will not be here for much longer". First thing i said to him was " How the f$ck would the club shop know that". Hope its not true.[/quote]

Stands to reason, why else would Uncle stop posting here?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: RalphMilne[/cite]My brother went to the club shop today to buy a away top for his son , when he asked for shelvey to be put on the back of it they replied " I would not bother , he will not be here for much longer". First thing i said to him was " How the f$ck would the club shop know that". Hope its not true.

Ouch !
  • Options
    Sadly, can't see us getting past the transfer deadline without losing one or more of our stars (Shelvey or Bailey in particular).
  • Options
    Afraid he did nt ask questions , i would have though , im praying the takeover is not dead now.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite]

He made some predictions in the CL predictions league a few hours ago - Maybe he didn't want to get involved in all of the wanking over Millscum vs Wet Sham that we've been doing over the last few days.
  • Options
    someone must know one of the ballboys, just so that we can find out exactly what is going on at the club.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: ThreadKiller[/cite]someone must know one of the ballboys, just so that we can find out exactly what is going on at the club.[/quote]

You can ask me - I was a ball boy once! Then again it was about 20 years ago and only once..
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Any truth in this and he will be withdrawn from saturdays squad so we will know by saturday lunchtime.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: valleyman[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: ThreadKiller[/cite]someone must know one of the ballboys, just so that we can find out exactly what is going on at the club.

You can ask me - I was a ball boy once! Then again it was about 20 years ago and only once..
    So ... is he staying?
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Chizz[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: valleyman[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: ThreadKiller[/cite]someone must know one of the ballboys, just so that we can find out exactly what is going on at the club.[/quote]

You can ask me - I was a ball boy once! Then again it was about 20 years ago and only once..[/quote]
    So ... is he staying?[/quote]

He sure is so you can all relax ;-)
  • Options
    The closer we get to the end of the transfer window, the more of these type of threads will turn up. 99% will be nonsense and lets hope this is part of that 99%.
  • Options
    Sounds luke an uninformed person who doesn't know anything about the club and is not a fan

que sera sera people
  • Options
    Can we keep these FACT posts to the TAKEOVER thread please or it will not still be the xmas no 1.
  • Options
    The club shop staff - fountain of knowledge. A wild guess would be this member of staff isn't a Charlton fan and was taking the piss. Sounds like he/she has been on the Tugboat Customer Services Training Scheme (TCSTS)

Either that or they are trying to cover up the fact that they have run out of every letter except z & x - they seem to most years.
  • Options
    hes on now ;-)
  • Options
    I have a suggestion, lets all head down to the club shop EN MASS and demand more information regarding a possible Shelvey transfer and information about THE take over.
  • Options
    Also.. not exactly great salesmanship, I mean, the guy could have just printed off the shirt and left you in blissful ignorance, fantasising about Jonjo scoring a hatrick against Millwall at the Den, but no, deceided to completely fuck the rest of your day up.

Poor form I'd say.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Perhaps he's a Man City/Palarse/Millsmall/West Spam/Chelski supporter?

or he couldn't be bothered to do the printing ;-)
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Maglor has already posted that they are looking at one out (Moo2 probably) and 4-5 in. Unless something has changed since then, e.g. at yesterdays Board meeting, it doesn't seem likely that Shelvey is being sold and certainly the Shop aren't going to know that.

Give it a rest. Jonjo loves it here, he is being well advised by those around him. At 17 he is playing regular first team football for us. He is part of a 4 wins out of 4 top of the league team. Lets look brightly into the future.
  • Options
    Is Maglor well informed then Bing? Good news if he is.
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Yes. If what he was told turns out to be wrong, the only conclusion I can draw is that the wheel has fallen off since Saturday, or it was deliberate mis-information. Frankly I doubt it's the latter.
  • Options
    Cheers, good to hear.
  • Options
    im sure that any transfer is relayed to the club shop staff before anyone else to avoid fans buying names on shirts of players about to leave.

Excellent customer service as ever. Well done Mr Rea.
  • Options
    The club would persuade it if anything if it was them, a bit of revenue and backing the young players.. also who's to say that I didn't want the League 1 winning home shirt with the future England Captain on before he left!!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Atletico Addick[/cite]The club would persuade it if anything if it was them, a bit of revenue and backing the young players.. also who's to say that I didn't want the League 1 winning home shirt with the future England Captain on before he left!!

Is English your second langauge?
  • Options
    Seems like the people in the shop talk sense, wouldn't buy another shirt with printing until deadline day has past.
  • Options
    I got stung buy varney leaving last year and had a very upset child.