Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Tranmere v Charlton - Pre-match poll, views etc

edited August 2009 in General Charlton
100% and going for a club record, against a side struggling near the bottom. Its obvious what way this one is going !!

Any changes you would make ? What would you do if Semedo doesn't make it ?

How do you see it going ?

Comments

• Options
    Can see it being a draw 1-1. Same side unless Semedo is out in which case I'd bring Stav in before Spring.
  • Options
    I can see the 100% going but am pretty confident that we will not lose.

I see a similar game to Leyton Orient but with us just get the equaliser and not the winner. 1-1. That being said, we should be able to exploit their tiredness from a battling performance against Bolton midweek when we didnt play.

Pretty sure the team will remain the same but i'd bring in Basey for Semedo if he doesnt pull through.
  • Options
    I'm normally a "glass half empty" type, but I reckon with our good form mixed with the big-fat-mad-John "Ryan Giggs is Black" Barnes-factor will see us being too much for them
  • Options
    2-2

I'd keep the same team but if Semedo is injured keep 4-5-1 but don't know enough about Spring or Stav to suggest who should replace him.
  • Options
    The team didn't play with the same intensity as the first 3 league games last weekend. It will be interetsing to see if they can regain it at a difficult place to go. Narrow defeat I fear 2-1 Tranmere.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]I can see the 100% going but am pretty confident that we will not lose.

I see a similar game to Leyton Orient but with us just get the equaliser and not the winner. 1-1. That being said, we should be able to exploit their tiredness from a battling performance against Bolton midweek when we didnt play.

Pretty sure the team will remain the same but i'd bring in Basey for Semedo if he doesnt pull through.

Tuna or Waggy for me with Bailey switching into the middle
  • Options
    I'm with 2-2 as well. Really hope Semedo makes it .

Tough nut to crack at home Tranmere.
  • Options
    a win if Semedo is fit and we arent forced to sell Shelvey and Bailey...otherwise we might just collapse like a pack of cards
  • Options
    I think it's still a bit early in the season to suggest that a team near the bottom of division 3 is going to be an odds on win. and of course, we do seem to have a habit of finding banana skins just when we start to feel positive about our team.
  • Options
    We're going to drop points somewhere, it might as well be Tranmere 1-1.

Bassey in for Semedo --- keep the shape
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    a win but by a smaller margin than Leeds will manage and so we will be second. Going for a higher scoring game like 2-3 to us.

Semedo will play I think but would move Dailly into the holding role and put our reserve CH in his place.

Oh, hang on a minute we don't have a reserve CH but things can change in the next 24 hours (no, that is not a prediction or inside info)
  • Options
    a draw just because 5 wins in a row would have me getting far too comfortable with winning.....

secretly i think we might win.... but am scared to say it......

sshhhhh
  • Options
    My normal prediction of 1-1. Wrong so far so hopefully we will win again.

Added problem for the team is that I'll be there for my first game of the season and "knowing my luck"!
  • Options
    1 - 4 Shelvey dropping back and McLeod being given an outing in Semedo's absence.

After all his hard work in the first half then giving Jonjo a bit of rest of his young legs. Jonjo & Sam after Sams run his socks off and ripped them apart then subbed for Waggy and Basey. Bailey moved into the centre and Basey and Waggy on the wings if we're winning comfortably in the final 15 - 20 mins.

I'm dreaming again but would love it if we finally stuffed a team.

With Semedo in the side unchanged 0 - 2
  • Options
    I've predicted a Tranmere win.

Talk of club records etc at Charlton normally only means one thing (unless it is a losing record like last season) and if Semedo is out he will be missed. I also share the fear of others that one or more of our class midfielders will depart before the window shuts.

I would love to be proved wrong on all fronts though.
  • Options
    Tranmere 1 - 3 Charlton
    Shelvey (2)
    Bailey

Unchanged team.
  • Options
    1-1
  • Options
    2-2

AFKA - could you include the poll-results in the post-match statbank?
  • Options
    I'm going for a draw...

Same side providing that Semedo is fit, if not I think we'll stay 4-5-1 and move Bailey inside and play Spring on the left.
  • Options
    Toughest match so far, Tranmere are a good team at this level even though I think Barnes wont last long.

I would take a point if offered and follow up with beating Brentford.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Away games in the North-West.... hmmm

i think we'll get a point
  • Options
    If we have designs on going up a win is what we should really be getting against a team in transition. Think we'll get a point though.
  • Options
    Basey left side, Youga and him can then switch if required ie. Youga goes on a run and forgets to get back into position. Bailey into the center. I think we will be too strong for Tranmere.
  • Options
    Sorry , this option only if Semedo is out. Otherwise why change.
  • Options
    Our week long break will have freshened us up, whilst can see a Barnes quote like "We looked jaded in the second half and just couldn't get going again after they had taken the league....".

I think we will win 1-0 and if Semedo doesn't make it, I'd drop Bailey back into centre mid and put Wagstaff out wide.

I always like predicting the goalscorer too and this week go for Jonjo! Hopefully it will not be his last appearance and goal for us if he does play and score!
  • Options
    Ketters made the point, they are a team in transition.

We on the other hand, look a settled unit already. We should be disappointed if we don't win this one IMO as i feel they will play into our hands. From what i have heard of Tranmere they try and play across the back, so i would push Sam and Bailey a bit more forward when not in possession and try and cut off their full backs.
  • Options
    As i said in the other thread, i'm happy to provide regular text updates tomorrow.
  • Options
    If our Portuguese beast machine is out, I'd bring in Wagstaff, put Bailey in the holding role - he can tackle - and Waggy on the left, yeah.
  • Options
    Not an easy place to go BUT as good a time as any given their poor start.

I've gone for a draw but think we could nick it and put another nail in Barnes' lid
  • Options
    I don't see us losing...