Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Anyone on here fancy doing Soccer AM next week?

edited August 2009 in General Charlton
It's on the OS now if anyones interested!!

I believe we had a particularly embarrassing mob last year!

Comments

• Options
    Yeah i'll be up for it.

Ah you gotta love our Addickted representitives from last time
  • Options
    I think it could be a struggle to get a group as you miss a fair chunk of the Brentford game.
  • Options
    But you are famous for god knows how long
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: NathanPrior[/cite]But you are famous for god knows how long

3 hours. :-)
  • Options
    I'd do it on the condition that we can all dress up as trainspotters, wear cardigans, ginger beards, Hawaiian shirts and one of us wears sponge bob square pants costume.

Otherwise what would be the point?
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Gutted, bought my Electric Picnic tickets in April, wish I could go and shout at the camera on Soccer AM but the G/F won't let me ditch the €240 x2 tickets to kick a ball at a plastic Champions League trophy.
  • Options
    I'd do it as well. It it sounds like you need a group of 8 together rather than a random bunch.
  • Options
    come on MOG, wheres that photo?
  • Options
    I can't believe that Soccer AM want to put Addicks fans on when, as mart says, you will miss half the bloody game! Utterly ridiculous.
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    I'm up for that, wheres it filmed
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Isleworth, next to Brentfords Ground.......
  • Options
    ill be up for it! wen is it? wat details do you need should be good laugh, wud brentford be home game?
  • Options
    Its next Saturday.........
    When we are at home to Brentford, 12:15 Kick-off.
    Programme ends at 12.
  • Options
    Sitting in a studio full of retards yelling the same unfunny jokes again and again while other retards roar encouragement is probably not for me. Every week it's 3 hours of sh1te for plastics with a very low amusement threshold, presented by a ditzy slag that's had half the C-list indie drummers in Britain up her and who is such a loyal "soccer" fan she started supporting their biggest rivals when they had a good start to the season one year.

The fact that they've scheduled it at a time that would mean that supporters of the team featured couldn't attend their match because it's being screened by the same company, sums the whole sad state of affairs up.
  • Options
    Spot on Mortimerician dude. Its cack. Hate that horrible slag who looks like a Lesbian!!
  • Options
    its a kids show FFS. Chill out

It used to be cool to go on it when it was underground and new during the first series as im sure MOG and Alex Wright would agree : - )
  • Options
    yep...

didnt they see the schedule... or perhaps they dont give a f*ck........

see if they can get the proper supporters who dont give a rats if they miss the actual game... muppets!
  • Options
    Watch it occasionally but it is pretty cringeworthy on the whole. Presented by plastics, "fans" act like performing seals and dog ugly soccerettes that you wouldnt look twice at in the venue try to snare a glamour model contract whilst z list celebs appear trying to flog their last album or book.

Still at least it's half watchable since the complete pr1ck that was Tim Lovecock left to go and whore himself on a cooking programme.

Is it filmed live? If so would be great to see a bunch of fans protest one week against the sky machine. Im sure their selection criteria is more strict than for MI5 though as no one ever upsets the apple cart.
  • Options
    Stopped watching it when we fell out of the prem.
    I didn't feel plastic enough after that.
  • Options
    I would prefer to see my team play than to be on the telly.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I'm pleased to say I've never even heard of this programme, let alone seen it. The OS says it is "Fans of the Week" so I assume there is only one team's fans on it each week. So there'd be about 40 sets of fans in total (if the programme is on every week in the football season?) so it's pretty good that they are including us in it one week as we are not in the top 40 clubs in the country. Do they usually have third division teams on it?
  • Options
    yea they have a random mix of all the league teams.
  • Options
    yep, they've had Torquay,Nottingham forest & (today) Notts County so far.
    Its the Johnstones Paint Trophy draw on there next saturday & they like one of the Bigger sides supporters in the Studio when they do this.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Miserableold-ish git[/cite]Its the Johnstones Paint Trophy draw on there next saturday & they like one of theBiggersides supporters in the Studio when they do this.

That explains it. Still seems a bad choice when we have a game at 12.15.

As a programme it's ok, I sometimes watch bits of it, never watch the whole thing or take it too seriously. Been around for ages now so some of its getting a bit old, certain things they've done on there for years now.

Last time we had fans on it didn't they keep going 'Feeeeeeeeeeeesh'?
  • Options
    I remember "way back...." when CAFC were only the 2nd team on the "Team of the week" section.
    Had to kick footballs at a picture of Ron Noades head.(Sir) Henry Irving was particularly keen on this game...........

(Watford were the 1st team..)
  • Options
    mog, where is the photo?
  • Options
    I strongly urge all fans to boycott this event.

Don't sell your soul at the crossroads.
  • Options
    i think your being miserable. If some charlton fans want to go on there and have a laugh then fair play. yes the show is nowhere as good or as popular as it once was.
    i wouldn't go on there but anyone who decides to go for it and have a good time.....just don't make us look like mugs :-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]mog, where is the photo?

Think it was in VOTV (or GBH).
    Don't know if Rick (or Andy) ever returned it. Will have to seek it out.
  • Options
    how much do you want NOT to show it :)