Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Leeds fans are hopeful

Comments

• Options
    f*** Charlton,the kind of club whose hair gets ruffled by bigger clubs in a "aw poor little shit club kind of way
    I can't believe they have fans who still think like this after 6/7 seasons of absolute cack. Deluded or what.
  • Options
    Come on people, let's not be too hard on them. They have to live in shitty Leeds oop north.

If you had to live oop der, you'd have issues as well!!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Kap10[/cite]
    [cite]Thankfully Rabbits have 4 feet, one for a takeover, one for shelvs and Bailey to stay, one for quality additions to the team and one for Beckford to Bolton

Poor lil bunnie smiley winky thing

I now have slightly less sympathy for them after reading that but its a forum and every club has their idiot supporters. I'm still over the moon at our start to the season and am finding it hard to get wound up about anything at all at the mo though.
    [cite]Posted By: Suzysue[/cite]The only one on that thread I like is the one that said I would'nt wish Administration on anyone, top man. Why would you wish that on any club, as much as we hate certain clubs I wouldnt want them to go out of business!!

Totally agree did have a happy dream of it happening to Chelsea at one point though after they'd nicked Parker. We won the Champions league in my dream too but think I'd been playing to much Footie Manager at the time and Eddie Izzard was for some reason doing the commentary. Someone told me he was a Palace fan and I shall forgive him for that if its true.
  • Options
    what a bunch of tw@ts, sounds likethey want to adopt the Spanners 'No-one likes us'
  • Options
    Seems a few of them think it would be good if we went into admin, a few others don't though. Nothing to different to how most fans would react if the team challenging them had this hanging over them. Come on charlton let's get this deal done and get rid of this threat.
  • Options
    With any luck their manager will take the manager of the month award, to keep us going!
  • Options
    "We are the Champions, Champions of Europe"

Fnnaar, fnnaar.

Not even the Champions of Yorkshire.

Fnnaar, fnnaar............
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: stonemuse[/cite]what a bunch of tw@ts, sounds likethey want to adopt the Spanners 'No-one likes us'[/quote]

Northern tw@ts too the worst type lol
  • Options
    On the question of Leeds fans, what do you expect? They come from Yorkshire so it is in their nature to be arrogant whilst having nothing at all to be arrogant about.

I do think though that looking at their crumby website (and other others like it like e.g. Holmsdale), that we ought to give some serious praise to those who created and administer Charlton Life. The whole look and feel is just so much better - its a real credit to you.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Stig[/cite]I do think though that looking at their crumby website (and other others like it like e.g. Holmsdale), that we ought to give some serious praise to those who created and administer Charlton Life. The whole look and feel is just so much better - its a real credit to you.[/quote]

Agree i thought the same when i looked at that they just all seem really arrogant.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Leeds, Man C,Newcastle all fans whose arrogance belies the failures of their clubs
  • Options
    We all hate Leeds scum!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]We all hate Leeds scum!
  • Options
    Yes, an interesting little conversation, revealing all the southern prejudices about Leeds and northern fans in general.

If you are a hardcore football supporter you will be aware that Leeds were stitched up by the Football League with regards administration issues - i'm not interested in arrguing the toss on this: read the legal documentation which basically says the FL had little right to act in the manner they did but were saved by the errors in procedure that LUFC followed in pursuing a claim - which resulted in a 15 point penalty, voted for by every club bar 4, who seemed aware that perhaps one day they may have found themselves in the very situation we did.

Leeds fans know the four who supported the case and as such the majority laugh with gusto at any team who subsequently find themselves docked points, in effect by their own hand; ignorance is bliss. There were strong rumours posted on the main LUFC board that somone with Charlton links at a senior level knew you were seriously in the shite and would enter administration any time soon. As such Leeds fans expressed their delight at another club who, stricken by ther own hand, would no doubt whinge like Luton and Southampton when the ramifications of that vote became clear and relevant to them.

Are Leeds fans arrogant? Yes possibly so, but a club who took 4K support to NI for a pre-season friendly knows its place in the football hierachy yet have eaten plenty of humble pie these last few years. Leeds fans know we thoughly deserved everything that came our way in the last few years, a consequence of greed on an arrogant scale involving a small group of individuals, who continue to be involved in the game, yet chose a strategy in isolation that doomed my club to the current status. In effect that is the sitaution that should be punished rather than the club which is in effect the fanbase.

On a personal level I have a soft spot for Charlton, with my parental home in Greenwich Borough, and have watched with some horror at your recent suicidal tendancies regarding managerial appointment and strategy. However, after two full years in League 1, I can thoughly recommend this level of the game and, whilst the football is rather limited at times, the atmosphere, standing terraces, genuine fans and players, and passion, remind me of better times to be a football fan. All fans dream of success, but we are enjoying ourselves and personally i dont miss the overhyped sky premiership one bit.

MOT
  • Options
    Didn't Leeds issue a winding up order against us in the 80s?
  • Options
    edited August 2009
  • Options
    A Huddersfiled fan proving 'We're NOT Famous Anymore' whilst abusing third world children. His parents must feel proud. MOT
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    So Leeds fans want to laugh at other Clubs problems when you've got lying scum like Bates running yours?

"At the heart of the damning High Court judgment which condemned Ken Bates to defeat in the libel case last week were the findings by the judge, Sir Charles Gray, that Bates had used the chairman's notes in three Leeds United's match programmes as a platform to write personal attacks on a former club director, Melvyn Levi. These articles, the judge ruled, were "riddled with material inaccuracies," caused "obvious distress and injury to Mr Levi's feelings," and constituted "grave" libels.

The case, heard over nine days in gloomy, wood-panelled court 16 in the gothic halls of The Strand, shone an illuminating light into Bates' dealings at Leeds, from his January 2005 takeover, until he put the club into administration in May 2007 owing creditors £35m and Leeds were relegated to League One. Sir Charles ruled that Bates' accusations that Levi was a "shyster" trying to "blackmail the club," and that Levi had put off investors willing to put money into the club, were false and libellous".
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite][param value=http://www.youtube.com/v/zFw5a2_2xK4&hl=en&fs=1& name=movie][/param][/param][//param][param value=true name=allowFullScreen][/param][/param][//param][param value=always name=allowscriptaccess][/param][/param][//param][embed src=http://www.youtube.com/v/zFw5a2_2xK4&hl=en&fs=1& width=425 height=344 hidden=false type=application/x-shockwave-flash allowfullscreen=true allowscriptaccess=always][/embed][/embed][//embed]

That post made me feel somewhat uncomfortable.
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    [cite]Posted By: wickford[/cite]Didn't Leeds issue a winding up order against us in the 80s?

Indeed they did , when we were in deep do-do at the time. But that fridge freezer full of McCains on their shoulders means they wouldn't remember that now would they?

Or do you White Standard?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: wickford[/cite]Didn't Leeds issue a winding up order against us in the 80s?

Good point, but their fans would rather ignore that as it doesn't suit their argument.
  • Options
    Remember it well, it was for a late payment on Carl Harris. Dirty leeds deserve
    to stay where they are.
  • Options
    You have to have some pity for Leeds...first Peter Ridsdale and then Ken Bates - karma sure can be a bitch.

Successive regimes ripped them off and left them in League One, and yet their ire is directed at us because we believed that the points penalty for going into admin should be upheld and that Bates's attempt to work the system to his advantage should not be rewarded. Strange little people up north...they carry chips on both shoulders.
  • Options
    if leeds fans are hoping we go into admin that tells us a lot about how much they think of their teams chances of keeing pace wth us...as i pointed out on the post about us and leeds at 1st and 2nd with maximum points, leeds are good starters but tend to choke as the season wears on...
  • Options
    whereas we usually have stunning ends to the season!
  • Options
    wat a bunch of mugs................. leeds obv, at the time i wasnt hoping they go into admin but now i am glad they did and has taken them so long to get out of this league lmao. where as they are just jealous as we are going to do it at first attempt............. altogether now 'We are top of the league, say we are top of the league'

bunch of northern monkeys, not being sterotypical here just think its appropiate and bit politer then bunch of W***ers :-P
  • Options
    Leeds fans did not chose Bates and during his limited tenure it has become clear he is arrogant, an expert at exploiting loopholes and unquestionably a rather dubious business partner. The support is rather split, half of whom detest him and his Chelsea connections with a passion, whilst the other half, including myself, have to admit the guy knows how to run a football club despite his obvious idiosyncracies.

I guess we are fundamentally suspicious of the possibility he will make a huge profit, having invested little himself, at our expense at some point in the near future, yet admit he has actually turned things around and, more than likely, would leave us in safe hands and depart with a deserved healthy bank balance.

My apolgies over the Carl Harris events - i remember him well as i do an overgrown valley - but was not aware we did that to you. As such you are perfectly within reason to detest our arrogant butts.

MOT
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WhiteStandard[/cite]

My apolgies over the Carl Harris events - i remember him well as i do an overgrown valley - but was not aware we did that to you. As such you are perfectly within reason to detest our arrogant butts.

MOT

Not that we needed your permission, but thanks. Now perhaps you will understand why Charlton fans never bust a gut to to empathise with you and your lot when things started going tits up for you - unlike we have done on a regular basis with other clubs (Brighton being a good example and Wrexham more recently - albeit to a lesser extent recently).
  • Options
    its nice to know that they class us us favourites to win above themselves tho. i hope we do them dirty pigs
  • Options
    He knows how to run a football club?

What planet are you on? Are you aware that Chelsea were days away from a winding up order after accruhewing debts of £100m? Go back and look at his plans to renovate the Bridge, they nearly ended up in financlal disaster and would have done had Matt Harding not stepped in and added some financial savvy, he even fell out with him. He was only saved from financial ruin when Abramovich bought him out. You know what he's done at Leeds so I won't rub that in, but three seasons in that League is two more than a team like Leeds should have had to endure. Perhaps with your minus 15 points deficit the first season could be excused, but you should have gone on from that and secured promition before now.

There was also his involvement in re-building Wembley, another project that went way over budget once he got involved.

People like Bates are a cancer in this sport and frankly need to be barred. The sooner you realise that his ego and need to make money by exploiting every loophole are more important than doing business the proper way and investing in the club the sooner you'll get clued up. It's a shame he left Chelsea really, when he was in charge they were a bit of a soft touch for teams like Charlton. After he left our record against them was somewhat poorer and that is because his massive ego would never allow him to get a decent manager in who might have been bigger than he was.