Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Leeds fans are hopeful

13»

Comments

• Come on lads. Respects to WhiteStandard for coming on here and explaining things as he sees them.

All clubs have their dickhead supporters. Some more than others obviously (and not many at Charlton). Must admit though my experience of Leeds fans at the St Andrews play off (although many years ago) didn't exactly endear them to me. But they do hate the Mancs with a passion so not all bad.

I'll settle for Leeds to go up as runners up behind us this year.
  • Leeds are the only club in their city (if you discount Rugby league) and so they are going to attract good and bad support, and they do have an unhealthy element that may be down to Yorkshire chip on the shoulderness, enhanced by the Revie attitude of years ago, and the anxiety fuelled by the Northern presence of Liverpool and Manchester United. However I also remember some brave Leeds supporters who were very vocal in facing up to racist abuse from their own support, and in such a big city there is going to be a lot of good people along with the bad. The Risdale to Bates experience will have also hurt the decent ones badly, and they have had to put up with the rest of football laughing at them.
    However it is probably unwise for some of the Leeds support to start hoping for us to go into administration...not a lot of grace there...ironic when you think how eagerly Leeds were to get involved with the silly money aspect of football which has eventually hurt a lot of possibly more innocent clubs.
    Tell you what Leeds, you concentrate on your agenda up there in Scotland and let us sad southern softies keep our own counsel. We play each other at least twice this season, lets compare how we get on in those matches in terms of football, and no more. If Leeds support want to delight in clubs with financial problems aren't your main rivals, Rotherham United, a good place to start?
  • Not a great fan of Leeds for the reasons stated previously, but fair play for coming onto here and at least trying to understand the antipathy towards your club by CAFC fans.

Hope you do well this season - but not as well as us, obviously!
  • Whitestandard, cheers for putting your views across in an adult way, appreciated.
  • [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]Whitestandard, cheers for putting your views across in an adult way, appreciated.

Yeah, fair play, big respect for not getting dragged into a slagging match, I know a few Leeds fans and never really had great sympathy for them but nobody deserves that Bates prick. He's a disgrace.
  • BUT......
    Don't forget they did ask for a "Winding up order" for us...........
    & Remember the way they welcomed us in the play-offs..............?